Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 01:26 PM

421 posts, read 328,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, Randall is the backup for a reason. They can't let him go and wont because he is still under a rookie contract and he is their backup plan. If Murray signs with another team and the Cowboys do not sign a FA RB, Randall will be the starter, at least heading into training camp. I suspect the Cowboys will draft a RB high in the draft if Murray leaves but even if that RB becomes the starter by week 1, they still need a backup, ala Randall.
True ah well lol .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
The prevailing wisdom on sports radio today in Dallas is that Murray will sign with the Eagles today for the same $ the Cowboys offered. ARGH!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times

Old 03-12-2015, 04:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
dallas is looking for a bargain running back to replace murray. they may pick one up as an FA, or they may draft one.we shall see what happens.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:59 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
$42 Million...

Let him go.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times
I am pretty sure they'll go draft and not free agency for their RB. Stephen Jones said during the combines that this year was the richest ever for college RB's.

I like the guys from Georgia (Todd Gurley) and Wisconsin (Melvin Gordon).

Agree with JJG, couldn't match the Beagles money or length of contract.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I am pretty sure they'll go draft and not free agency for their RB. Stephen Jones said during the combines that this year was the richest ever for college RB's.

I like the guys from Georgia (Todd Gurley) and Wisconsin (Melvin Gordon).

Agree with JJG, couldn't match the Beagles money or length of contract.
i actually agree that the boys will draft a running back, and bolster their defense through FA.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:40 AM

I do think the Cowboys can be successful with a less than DeMarco Murray back but I don't think you can easily replace what he did outside of running the ball. That might take a year or 2 of seasoning if they intend on using a rookie back there...

I am very happy that DeMarco got a big contract. I think he deserved it and it pizzes me off to hear radio sports commentators say; "WHY would the Cowboys give Murray a big contract after running him into the ground last year"..? Seems to me that is exactly why you give him a big contract... oh well! I guess I am old fashioned in that respect.

This could be a very prudent move on the Cowboys part but refusing to overpay super stars only appeases your fans IF your winning Super Bowls (ala New England Patriots)... If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs next year, you can bet most fans will point to losing Murray as a big reason WHY!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:30 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
We were 8-8 for three straight seasons WITH DeMarco.

People seem to be forgetting that...

Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
We were 8-8 for three straight seasons WITH DeMarco.

People seem to be forgetting that...
True, but those teams were not committed to running the ball and of course DeMarco could not play an entire season due to injury.

It just seems to me that they finally found a winning formula or identity which is running the ball and then they let the biggest piece of that formula walk away! They assume they can replace DeMarco with any one of a dozen different backs and I simply do not think that is true. Odds are that even with DeMarco the Cowboys running game was likely to take a step back next year but now there is no question (unless they swing an AP trade) this offense will digress next year.. IMO

That being said, I still think this team is better than the Eagles. Unless Sam Bradford is better than he has shown over the past few years, no way they leap frog the Cowboys..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football