Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 AM

1,069 posts, read 714,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
If the 'skins pull off the upset, it could start a big, important run for them. They have the Giants and the Cowboys the next two weeks. The Giants is a home game, not sure about the Dallas game. Cousins seems to play really well at home.
Dallas and Detroit always play at home every year on Thanksgiving, it's tradition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 08:55 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,086,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Dallas and Detroit always play at home every year on Thanksgiving, it's tradition
He was talking about the Redskins schedule, not the Panthers. Meaning after this week, in which the Panthers play the Redskins, the Redskins play the Giants and then the Cowboys.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:53 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,483,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
He was talking about the Redskins schedule, not the Panthers. Meaning after this week, in which the Panthers play the Redskins, the Redskins play the Giants and then the Cowboys.
Correct. I was referring to the Redskins' schedule, not the Panthers. I will be rooting for the Panthers to take care of the Cowboys though.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:49 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,499,645 times
Impressive decimation of the Redskins today. Cam threw TDs to just about all of his receivers. 10-0.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:46 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,741,916 times
My take.

This game was close in the 1st quarter. Thought it would be a tight game. Turnovers killed the redskins.

The red zone efficiency of the Panthers was amazing. Never thought I'd say that....

Olsen got banged up a bit.

Short week. Dallas will be tougher for many reasons..

Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,296,811 times
As a fan of the only other undefeated team, quite impressive by the Panthers today. Cam looks so damn comfortable right now, about as relaxed as I've ever seen someone play QB. The team looks pretty complete, although I will say even though I think the Panthers would have won anyways, the Redskins continually shot themselves in the feet.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:18 PM

199 posts, read 258,223 times
Outside of the coverage bust that led to the DeSean Jackson TD and the kickoff return, we played probably our best game all season. Cam was on fire and the D was a brick wall. Redskins certainly did themselves no favors with all their penalties and turnovers.

Dallas is a different team with Romo back. This game will certainly be a tougher test since we are coming off a short week and have to travel.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:23 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,741,916 times
The efficiency of the team in the red zone is unbelievable.

Funchess is getting better every passing week.

I hope josh Norman keeps his cool w Dez. I wouldn't be surprised w some unsportsmanlike conduct penalties from both sides..lol

Norwell and Charles Johnson will be back. Will peanut Tillman be ready?

Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,790,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpirate View Post
Outside of the coverage bust that led to the DeSean Jackson TD and the kickoff return, we played probably our best game all season. Cam was on fire and the D was a brick wall. Redskins certainly did themselves no favors with all their penalties and turnovers.

Dallas is a different team with Romo back. This game will certainly be a tougher test since we are coming off a short week and have to travel.
I and a Cowboys fan who is my coworker have been waiting for this game. If Josh Norman can keep Dez Bryant in check, we have a good chance of controlling Romo with our pass rush. The run game on offense will not be as easy as yesterday.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,483,926 times
Just want to say that I was at the game in Charlotte yesterday, and for the most part, the Carolina Panthers fans were very accommodating and a pleasure to be around. There were a few there that were a little obnoxious, but as a whole, the fans were really nice. Even though our seats were almost at the very top, the view was amazing! We were in section 515, and honestly, I'd get tickets in the same exact spot again. The only bad thing is, by the time I walked up all those steps, I felt like I had just ran a marathon! Those steps are brutal! It was also bad for us 'skins fans having to do the walk of shame from the stadium all the way down to the parking garage on sixth street. But hey, it comes with the territory! I probably walked off all the food I consumed that day, lol!

The game started out very exciting! I really felt it was going to be close through the day, but that call on the pick-six really deflated the 'skins. Of course, you can't beat anybody putting the ball on the ground as much as the Redskins did. They played horrible. The Panthers are lights out great. I really hope the Panthers are able to go undefeated this year. Not just that, but to go all the way and win it all. The city of Charlotte deserves it as well as it's fans and the team itself. Cam Newton is playing lights out! Easily should be the MVP this year if he keeps this up.

I will say though, the Panthers had better beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. There's talk that the Cowboys believe they can run the table and win the NFC East. Which means, they are looking way past the Panthers and don't believe the Panthers are as good as their record reflects. So, I will be rooting hard for the Panthers to win. Heck, I always root for the Panthers to win unless they're playing the Redskins. I have a kinship with the team since they're basically the hometown team. So please Panthers, take care of the Cowboys on Thanksgiving!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football