Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 10:11 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times

Advertisements

I can't believe it! I don't know what to say besides Philly Philly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I can't believe it! I don't know what to say besides Philly Philly!
Did you do a McNabb?

The NFL can take their awards and shove it. Pederson is Coach of the Year. He only got one vote. Take that!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:16 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Congrats. Well played game from both teams and very few penalties. This is how all games should be. Great flow

Old 02-04-2018, 10:21 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you do a McNabb?

The NFL can take their awards and shove it. Pederson is Coach of the Year. He only got one vote. Take that!
No, I actually held it together with the help of my wonderful husband. He kept me grounded. I did call my 80 year old FIL (life long Eagles fan) to celebrate!

Thank you Nick, thank you Doug!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:24 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
I don't want to get ahead of myself but maybe, just maybe, this Eagles team has the makings of something special? I'm talking long term sustained excellence. For Pederson to get the kind of production and success out of two QB's like he did this year is really amazing. With one being a second year player and the other a journey man QB. This seems similar to the success the Patriots have had over the years in their system. If I am Buffalo and I am sitting their with the 21st and 22nd overall picks in the draft I would have to really consider calling Philadelphia and seeing if I could trade one of those picks for Foles.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:32 PM

Super happy for Brent Celek, Brandon Graham, Duce Staley... any of the long timers that are on the staff. Laurie and Roseman as well.

I remember posting soon after Pederson started and he was getting grief, to give him time to grow and see what happens. I did not expect this. I love the play calling.

We have won different ways all year... sometimes defense, today offense... on occasion special teams. We have been the best all year, and we certified it tonight.

Mike Lombardi... He's another one to eat his words about Pederson

Old 02-04-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I don't want to get ahead of myself but maybe, just maybe, this Eagles team has the makings of something special? I'm talking long term sustained excellence. For Pederson to get the kind of production and success out of two QB's like he did this year is really amazing. With one being a second year player and the other a journey man QB. This seems similar to the success the Patriots have had over the years in their system. If I am Buffalo and I am sitting their with the 21st and 22nd overall picks in the draft I would have to really consider calling Philadelphia and seeing if I could trade one of those picks for Foles.
I'm not sure Foles would want to leave. That's why I asked the question about that a couple of weeks ago. He has already been around the block and it got him nowhere - and he was ready to retire. He is making plenty of money now and is in a place where he is successful with a coach and system that works for him. Why change that from Foles perspective?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:42 PM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and nick foles played one heck of a game. i knew that foles would do well by the eagles, but i wasnt sure he could get the team to the super bowl.
I agree about Foles....I also said he would still play well enough for Eagles. The stage wasn't too big for him and his attitude was great....said he didn't have to be superman and gave props to his teammates. Eagles also have a hell of a coach. Missing Wentz, Sproles, Hicks,etc. and still get to SB and win. Hopefully this gives Jerry and Garrett some pressure.

Congrats Eagles fans!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm not sure Foles would want to leave. That's why I asked the question about that a couple of weeks ago. He has already been around the block and it got him nowhere - and he was ready to retire. He is making plenty of money now and is in a place where he is successful with a coach and system that works for him. Why change that from Foles perspective?
It won't necessarily be up to Foles though. It's up to the GM of the Eagles. If multiple teams come calling offering multiple draft picks you have to do what is best for the team long term.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
It won't necessarily be up to Foles though. It's up to the GM of the Eagles. If multiple teams come calling offering multiple draft picks you have to do what is best for the team long term.
With Wentz being a mobile QB, the best thing is to have Foles where he is. That's why they paid so much for him.

If Foles is happy, I wouldn't change a thing. We are where we are because of bringing Foles in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football