Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You guys played a good game against my Colts! Hey....we might see you again in January.
Even with the loss, Denver is sitting at 8-5 for now. If they win 2 out of their 3 remaining games (namely the Chiefs and Raiders), they'll get in for sure. Their other game is against Philadelphia.

Assuming that, I imagine Denver's opponent will either be Cincinnati or New England, as San Diego and Indy have the best records and get that week off, unless one of these clubs suffers a major collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:38 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,239 times
Im hoping for a rematch against denver hopefully denver will lose one more game and then the pats can light them up at home.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Im hoping for a rematch against denver hopefully denver will lose one more game and then the pats can light them up at home.
On the surface, and in the stat page, the average joe might go along with that. The Patriots are first in the AFC in total offense with 5352 yards. They are sixth in the conference in total defense. And they are third in the conference in total points scored with 348.

So why have they lost five games and have both the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins on their tail, one game behind in the standings? They are not only sixth in the conference in total defense, but also sixth in the conference in points allowed. Not Super Bowl type stats, but still not terrible. Well, here it is.

Red zone defense. Warren Sapp made a very good point on the cable premium channel Showtime just a bit ago on Inside The NFL (by the way, the best program going regarding NFL football). According to Sapp, the New England defense red zone ratio is 60%.

That is NOT good.

Something else that's not good is undisciplined players. And that is what Coach Belechick had to contend with when he fined four players for being late to a team meeting recently. I saw the Patriot/Panther game on the NFL channel and one of the tardy players, Randy Moss, took the entire day off. And in the sports media he has been called out on it by several noted NFL wide outs, and the most noted of them is Cris Carter, his former teammate and mentor with the Minnesota Vikings. He has been criticized across the board on all cable sport shows, particularly the NFL channel. And he should have been.

Fortunately, they play Buffalo this Sunday, but at Buffalo. Miami is at Tennessee and Atlanta is at the New York Jets. They better keep their ship upright because two clubs are right behind them. And when all is done with the regular season, and you have three clubs with identical records, then you have to depend what the other clubs tie breaker situation stacks up.

The Patriots cannot depend on other clubs to do an el foldo. They need to win out, or else. There is still three games left in the regular season, we'll wait and see.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-16-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
On the surface, and in the stat page, the average joe might go along with that. The Patriots are first in the AFC in total offense with 5352 yards. They are sixth in the conference in total defense. And they are third in the conference in total points scored with 348.

So why have they lost five games and have both the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins on their tail, one game behind in the standings? They are not only sixth in the conference in total defense, but also sixth in the conference in points allowed. Not Super Bowl type stats, but still not terrible. Well, here it is.

Red zone defense. Warren Sapp made a very good point on the cable premium channel Showtime just a bit ago on Inside The NFL (by the way, the best program going regarding NFL football). According to Sapp, the New England defense red zone ratio is 60%.

That is NOT good.

Something else that's not good is undisciplined players. And that is what Coach Belechick had to contend with when he fined four players for being late to a team meeting recently. I saw the Patriot/Panther game on the NFL channel and one of the tardy players, Randy Moss, took the entire day off. And in the sports media he has been called out on it by several noted NFL wide outs, and the most noted of them is Cris Carter, his former teammate and mentor with the Minnesota Vikings. He has been criticized across the board on all cable sport shows, particularly the NFL channel. And he should have been.

Fortunately, they play Buffalo this Sunday, but at Buffalo. Miami is at Tennessee and Atlanta is at the New York Jets. They better keep their ship upright because two clubs are right behind them. And when all is done with the regular season, and you have three clubs with identical records, then you have to depend what the other clubs tie breaker situation stacks up.

The Patriots cannot depend on other clubs to do an el foldo. They need to win out, or else. There is still three games left in the regular season, we'll wait and see.
The pats have been sucking lately I agree. Unless cinn. losses we'll play the lower wildcard team which I think will be either Balt. or miami unless Denver losses a game I just want see a rematch I think it would be a good game. Im not sayin superbowl just want to see a good playoff game

Old 12-19-2009, 10:54 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,239,530 times
It's Raiderette week!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 AM

As they always do, the Denver Post has done a pretty good job with different Raider/Bronco stories from years past. The one about Al Davis himself was great!

The Raiders have nothing left to play for except their jobs (sound familiar)? But Denver has to take care of business. Don't forget, the Raiders came in to Invesco and beat the Broncos about this time last year. The Broncos are 8-5, winning tomorrow all but guarantees them a wild card spot.

Buckhalter is doubtful for the game. Still not sure about Spencer Larson. Peyton Hillis should get playing time, he BETTER anyway. The head coach denies that Hillis is in his doghouse. I don't believe that at all. Other than special teams, he has been almost invisible.

Moreno has an outside chance to gain a thousand yards this season, right now he is at 837. Marshall's 21 catch performance boosted him from 10th to 4th in the conference for pass receptions. Oakland is next to last in the conference in total offense, and Denver is second in total defense.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 PM

The line on this is 14 points, up from 11. Talked to my brother in law in the parking lot at Invesco (I'm home today), says the temperature is 59 degrees-great day for football.

You know what would be greater? A Bronco whuppin on da Raidas!

Donkeyball-NOW!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Well, after a good first 5 minutes, the Broncos are playing to the level of their competition. Offense is doing nothing, defense has been on the field too long.

Both Miami and New York lost today. Denver can all but clinch a wild card spot. But they have to do one thing- and that's WAKE UP!

I THINK I AM BECOMING ILL
I KNOW I'M BECOMING ILL

ILL-I TELL YOU!!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-20-2009 at 05:29 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,239,530 times
GOOD GRIEF!

SIGH.......

on a lighter note wishing all of you Happy Holidays.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:52 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,608,238 times
That loss hurts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football