Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:37 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,507,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
One of the greatest single seasons in CFB history. Should have won the Heisman in '94, too bad he never played D1A.

Why is everyone waiting until now to judge the man, you guys have no right saying that his own actions caused his death. Some of the posts on this thread are disgusting.

Take a freaking sociology class, you'll learn very quick what victimizing the victim means, and why it is wrong.

RIP.
This is a good post, I'm not surprised Packersnut and Speed are choosing to ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:09 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,619,440 times
I didnt ignore it, its a post like 60 others on here. I didnt know I was required to reply back to every last one.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,619,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
From what has happen over the weekend, black athletes need to man up and stop living lives of movie stars. Take responsibility for your actions, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Santonio Holmes and others take a good look at what has happen. Analyze it and make sure your not in the position to get caught up. Got to be more careful, too many of our people dying young over a piece of ass, its not worth it.
RIP Mr McNair and the girl.

I think this needs to be heeded by all athletes regardless of color. Its so sad to see these guys who are in the spotlite be so ill prepared for the challenges they will face. Some just choose to ignore the facts though. Good post!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,621,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
This is what you get when you date a 20 y/o. Now they are saying it was a murder/suicide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Again I like how people take turn words around based on what people post. I didnt read ANYWHERE with one person saying Steve McNair deserved to die for cheating. NO WHERE is that posted.
Saying "This what you get" is basically saying he deserved it.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,726,622 times
Quote:
From what has happen over the weekend, black athletes need to man up and stop living lives of movie stars. Take responsibility for your actions, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Santonio Holmes and others take a good look at what has happen. Analyze it and make sure your not in the position to get caught up. Got to be more careful, too many of our people dying young over a piece of ass, its not worth it.
RIP Mr McNair and the girl.
Haha, a lot of white celebrities and athletes have messed up too.

What other black male celebrities have died over a woman(ass) recently?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,507,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I didnt ignore it, its a post like 60 others on here. I didnt know I was required to reply back to every last one.
fair enough.

I guess I just don't get what the point is of hammering home the fact that "if he wasnt cheating he wouldnt be dead is," if your not trying to place some degree of blame on him.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,551,782 times
Quote:
From what has happen over the weekend, black athletes need to man up and stop living lives of movie stars.
Yes, but only the Black ones.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,299,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Why is everyone waiting until now to judge the man, you guys have no right saying that his own actions caused his death. Some of the posts on this thread are disgusting.
Lets see Im not cheating on my wife so I don't think I would worry that my crazy mistress is going to shoot me. If you don't put yourself in that position then you don't have the risk. Was he a victim? Yes, however it wasn't a random crime, his actions contributed to his death.

I have taken criminal Justice classes so that kind of helps as well.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM

909 posts, read 1,065,053 times
Roger Clemens affair with country singer when she was FIFTEEN:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...oiVrADXyFvTu7y

Last time I looked, he was white.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,299,039 times
I don't think it's about race so much as young guys with lots of money and the temptation of alot of girls throwing themselves at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football