Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That's just Memphis.

I think that Memphis would be able to swing a NFL team as the
Metro area climbs above 2 Million people , and that would still
be a small market by NFL standards , and you would still have
to factor in Memphis Basketball Team NBA.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 PM

19 posts, read 60,268 times
Nope, the Chargers are probably gonna move. The city of SD is NEVER gonna build a new stadium downtown.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASHER View Post
Nope, the Chargers are probably gonna move. The city of SD is NEVER gonna build a new stadium downtown.

The San Diego Chargers could move to Los Angeles and the
Jacksonville Jag could move to San Antonio Texas (both)
Metro's are larger than the former Metro's and could
support NFL Football a little bit better.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The San Diego Chargers could move to Los Angeles and the
Jacksonville Jag could move to San Antonio Texas (both)
Metro's are larger than the former Metro's and could
support NFL Football a little bit better.
San Antonio I agree with. But Los Angeles is hardly known as being a pro football town. USC dominates that region now for football and would likely continue to do so after an NFL club would be placed there. The San Diego Chargers or some other team.

I fully believe that if Commissioner Goodell and the league's other owners truly wanted a team(s) in Los Angeles there would be one or two teams playing there by now. Clearly this not the case. And it's probably because of the track record of Los Angeles and its former teams.

IMO San Antonio should and actually might get an NFL franchise ahead of LA. It happened in 1999 with Houston and SA could duplicate that feat.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:08 PM

536 posts, read 414,222 times
Boise!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
San Antonio I agree with. But Los Angeles is hardly known as being a pro football town. USC dominates that region now for football and would likely continue to do so after an NFL club would be placed there. The San Diego Chargers or some other team.

I fully believe that if Commissioner Goodell and the league's other owners truly wanted a team(s) in Los Angeles there would be one or two teams playing there by now. Clearly this not the case. And it's probably because of the track record of Los Angeles and its former teams.

IMO San Antonio should and actually might get an NFL franchise ahead of LA. It happened in 1999 with Houston and SA could duplicate that feat.

There is no team in LA because there is not an owner trying to get a team to move there.

Who is going to own this San Antonio franchise you speak of?

Houston got a team because an ownership group submitted an expansion bid to the league and was granted a franchise. The league does not grant teams to cities. They grant teams to owners.

No owner, no team.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
There is no team in LA because there is not an owner trying to get a team to move there.

Who is going to own this San Antonio franchise you speak of?

Houston got a team because an ownership group submitted an expansion bid to the league and was granted a franchise. The league does not grant teams to cities. They grant teams to owners.

No owner, no team.
There is a group of local San Antonio investors, the names of which I am not privy to, that are interested in bringing a franchise to South Texas. So there is interest. Whether anything comes of it remains to be seen. But currently SA and LA are in the same identical spot. No owner, no team.

And speaking of which, what owner is going to move his team to Los Angeles with no viable NFL stadium present? Do you think a smart owner is going to relinquish control of part of or the majority of their team just to placate Roski. I don't think so.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Being that I am a fan of a team that relocated, and returned 3 years later, I would hate to see the Jags move... if anything for the sake of their fans. It sucked for the 3 years that we didn't have the Browns in Cleveland! The only good thing was that the NFL and Modell agreed to leave the name, history and colors of the Browns in Cleveland for the new team! And rightfully so! That move should have never happened anyway, but it is what it is! In the end it's the fans that get screwed!

IMO LA had their chance when they had two teams, and they both moved in the same year! Perhaps, it could be due to the fact that LA inherited teams from other cities, and maybe the folks there never felt those teams were truly their own. If LA had an expansion team with their own name, then maybe it might work. Anyway, it's been quite awhile since teams have moved, like in the mid 90s, and I hope it stays that way. I will say that I wouldn't mind seeing other cities like San Antonio, Oklahoma City, or even Las Vegas get NFL teams... just not at the expense of another city.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
forget the Jags! I want my silver n black back where they belong in SoCal!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
I can guarantee you that they are not staying in JAX

LA just got approved to build a stadium. If you live in Jax, there home games are blacked out.
Its a wonder why this troll is banned from citydata! We dont want no teal team out here. We want our Silver & Black!! Send the Chargers to Jacksonville, and bring the Raiders back to the city of Angels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football