Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,817 times

Advertisements

I'd probably run some red lights and run some stop signs... but we all do this almost everyday anyway so technically I'm sure most of us are committing some "crime" each and everyday! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,085,680 times
I would probably have a conversation with some people:

those who got away with a crime because of a technicality
people who drink and drive
those who hurt children and/or the elderly

Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,818 times
Are there still preventative measures against committing the crime? For example, even though it is not illegal (that day) to take money from a bank, is there still a guy with a gun ready to shoot me if I try to take the money? If so, then there aren't too many crimes I could think of that would benefit me regardless if they are legal on that day.

Still, anybody can rationalize or justify anything if they wanted to.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,453,077 times
I'd be jaywalkin' like there's no tomorrow.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Frankly, I'd be hiding under the bed until the day was over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I know what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Actually, that is basically what I think most people would do.
My first instinct would be to go to ground, protect those that I care for, and defend them and myself from those that would take advantage of such an opportunity. I would use lethal force if absolutely required, I own firearms and am reasonably skilled in their use. Violate laws myself? No, not at all, I would still be bound by ethics, honor, and obligations of proper conduct.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 AM

167 posts, read 164,214 times
I would. I'd steal as much money, kill as many people, and burn as many buildings down as possible. I'd spend the entire year prepping for that one day.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,907,427 times
The only things I can think of that I'd do would be:

--Walk my dogs and not pick up the poop
--Burn a pile of leaves and branches in my back yard rather than bag them and tie them the way the trash Nazis in my town require us to. Of course I'd do it safely and not allow the fire to spread.
--Carry my handgun in NJ (I live in PA, but NJ doesn't allow it). Since it'll be a whole day of lots of crime & mayhem, if I had to go to work (in NJ) I'd have to be carrying in order to protect myself.
--Buy raw-milk artisan cheese right out in the open instead of "underground"

Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,993,720 times
I saw the movie. There is no way I would go anywhere. You may think you can rob a bank or destroy property....others out there will kill you just for the fun of it. Pure chaos.

I would be safe at home watching Netflix and carrying a loaded rifle. Windows and doors secured.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM

131 posts, read 260,925 times
No, I would also think that anyone who has a religious belief (most religions) would also not go out of their way to commit crimes (societal laws not religious laws). Not that most people commit some type of crime everyday due to societies excessive amount of requirements and laws. I just found out we should have been paying personal property taxes on an unregistered car we had on our property for years (we were breaking the law every day for years without knowing).
If all crime were legal, the criminals (or anyone believed to be a criminal) would be at most risk. They would most likely all be hiding, and it could turn out to be the safest day in history.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM

452 posts, read 710,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I believe I have accountability to God, not only that , He is my very best friend . I would not choose to do any thing that might hinder that relationship.
It is far to valuable to me to compromise, and for what ?
There is no greater reward, than to valued by your maker.
I stand in agreement with this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology