Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 06:50 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

I went out to eat the other day. I wanted a Coke Zero with my meal. The only non-sugary soda they had was Diet Dr. Pepper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 07:07 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
I don't know if I would term this a first-world issue, but over the last few months, we've had a hawk grace our front yard. It's been kinda cool to see him thin out the rodent population in the area. We spotted a fairly hefty nest in one of our trees. At times, we felt like we had a live National Geographic experience going on right in front of us.

A week or so ago, I saw another large bird in the yard. It wasn't a hawk or a buzzard...turns out, it was an eagle. We made note of it and looked forward to seeing him soar through the area.

As it turns out, hawks and eagles aren't very good friends. A couple of nights ago, my wife came home from a movie to find the hawk dead in our driveway. It wasn't a fox or some other predator in the area or the hawk would have been dragged away for food.

We suspect the eagle. Bummer.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:24 AM

4,960 posts, read 3,320,683 times
Heatwave for many days now and today no ice cream in the freezer, is all finished..............

Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,004,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Do you have a dishwasher? I put mine in there and then use it for change. That and pickle jars.
There's a lot of mayonnaise still in it. It's just past its date. I'm afraid it will get all over the other dishes and make them icky.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:55 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
I'm hungry. I have food in the fridge and freezer. But I'd have to maaaaaake it. I've been screeching for a manservant for hours and nothing's happened. (Maybe the cops who show up at my door will prepare food for me?)
And I don't like the bread we have.
The cheese is sliced too thin.
The peppers have seeds in them.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:06 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I don't know if I would term this a first-world issue, but over the last few months, we've had a hawk grace our front yard. It's been kinda cool to see him thin out the rodent population in the area. We spotted a fairly hefty nest in one of our trees. At times, we felt like we had a live National Geographic experience going on right in front of us.

A week or so ago, I saw another large bird in the yard. It wasn't a hawk or a buzzard...turns out, it was an eagle. We made note of it and looked forward to seeing him soar through the area.

As it turns out, hawks and eagles aren't very good friends. A couple of nights ago, my wife came home from a movie to find the hawk dead in our driveway. It wasn't a fox or some other predator in the area or the hawk would have been dragged away for food.

We suspect the eagle. Bummer.
Bastard eagle.

I think I've identified the first world problem here. Once upon a time if you didn't like the competition and you were bigger, you could just kill them! Now, what with courts and a criminal justice system, you have to build a better mousetrap. (Notice I got the rodent reference in at the last minute.)

Old 06-23-2017, 01:35 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Bastard eagle.

I think I've identified the first world problem here. Once upon a time if you didn't like the competition and you were bigger, you could just kill them! Now, what with courts and a criminal justice system, you have to build a better mousetrap. (Notice I got the rodent reference in at the last minute.)
LOL!

I understand the eagle is just doing what he is doing, but attacking the hawk like that just doesn't fly with me.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,617 times
My key fob.

It has a phallic protrusion.

It's bizarre, cumbersome and stupid.

It goes to my older Volvo.

I hate that &-+$#@ key fob.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
Tinder, typical conversations from a guy's point of view:

Convo with match #1

Me: Just down for doing it really...

Her: Move along F-boy! No hookups.

Convo with match #2

Me: So church is a large part of your life? Mine also...

Her: Cmon dude, we all know what Tinder is for. Your loss, bye.

Engage rage in 5...4...3...2...

LOL

Old 06-23-2017, 09:54 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
My key fob.

It has a phallic protrusion.

It's bizarre, cumbersome and stupid.

It goes to my older Volvo.

I hate that &-+$#@ key fob.
Any way to do a circumcision? It is kind of funny, however, that it goes to your Volvo. (Silly joke. I am doing it, anyway!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology