Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 04:52 PM

3,337 posts, read 1,831,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This kind of language would be really offensive to trans people. Trans women are not "really men"--they are living as women, because that's who they are inside. It doesn't mean that straight men have to be involved with them, but it does mean that they deserve the decency of being treated with respect.

Most people consider sexuality fluid these days. There's t feelings nor disprove the feelings og others, the whole issue is pointless and can never be resolved as fact.

he old Kinsey scale--1 is fully heterosexual, 6 is fully homosexual, but people fall in the middle. If you're attracted to someone, you don't have to justify it to anyone or slap a label on it. Live your life and don't hurt people.
Trans'women' ARE REALLY MEN.. i.e. MALE children grown to sexual maturity.

Please consider the following:

I have not yet met a woman, gay or straight, who professes to be female 'inside'.
Because there is no inside 'female' or 'male'.. only the self-aware individual.

Since no one can yet experience another's consciousness the statement 'I am a man/woman inside' can neither be proved or disproved. To make such a claim as 'truth' or 'fact' has no validity except to the individual who asserts it; everyone else may reject it with equal justification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 04:57 PM

793 posts, read 332,713 times
I think its only gay if you knew it was a man, or as another poster said found out later and were still aroused. There is no question I'd be horrified. Doesn't mean I'm homophobic, just very straight. No scale needed for me. Female sexuality tends to be more fluid, but I've known plenty of women who aren't remotely attracted to women.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:36 AM

91 posts, read 38,124 times
Quote:
This kind of language would be really offensive to trans people. Trans women are not "really men"--they are living as women, because that's who they are inside.
It's who they are inside? So, they have a uterus, ovaries, cycles and all the mood swings and other issues that come with having a female reproductive system? They constantly worry about what happens when they miss their periods or whether they'll have ovarian cancer like their mother and grandmother did? Or feel their biological clock ticking?

The point is that no man can "live as a woman" or be a woman "inside." Having none of the reproductive organs that shape a woman's life day in and day out, all he can do is imagine what it might be like to be one. Andnine times out of 10, that imagination is based on a very limited, fetishistic idea of what women look and act like, usually one that is stereotypical and based in the drag queen aesthetic and a throwback to pre-feminism.

I don't look like a Barbie doll, have fake nails or pink dreadlocks, but this is what Larry Wachowski decided to become when he became Lana Wachowski. I don't look like a stereotypical 1940s, 1950s and 1960s pinup but invariably, this is what most "trans" women decide to model themselves. Why do many of them decide to become cartoonish stereotypes instead of aiming to look like Rosie O'Donnell, Madeleine Albright, Jamie Lee Curtis or Rachel Maddow? They are women, too. But oh, they're not "women" enough.

Quote:
Most people consider sexuality fluid these days.
No, they don't. This is the Squeaky Wheel/Loudest Minority speaking, through courtesy of social media, where people like this have the loudest voice.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:10 AM

722 posts, read 431,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee2364 View Post

No, they don't. This is the Squeaky Wheel/Loudest Minority speaking, through courtesy of social media, where people like this have the loudest voice.
how do you know?

Old 09-01-2020, 10:30 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
I
I don't look like a Barbie doll, have fake nails or pink dreadlocks, but this is what Larry Wachowski decided to become when he became Lana Wachowski. I don't look like a stereotypical 1940s, 1950s and 1960s pinup but invariably, this is what most "trans" women decide to model themselves. Why do many of them decide to become cartoonish stereotypes instead of aiming to look like Rosie O'Donnell, Madeleine Albright, Jamie Lee Curtis or Rachel Maddow? They are women, too. But oh, they're not "women" enough.
Probably because if they didn't, people like you would take one look and say, "see, *he's* not even trying." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 09-01-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Probably because if they didn't, people like you would take one look and say, "see, *he's* not even trying." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On the contrary, trans women adopt caricatures of women as a form of overcompensation, since physically, they could never really just pass as an actual woman. So, they do it precisely because they're self-conscious about how unconvincingly they'd look if they modeled themselves after average women.

It's like when some white people really, really, really try to be "black" or "Asian" and instead of adopting the more subtle aspects of each group, they go to the most exaggerated and in some cases offensive caricatures (Harajuku, otaku, ghetto culture, etc.). If they tried acting and dressing like an average black or Asian person, they would just be seen and treated as whites who are just interested in different cultures. So, to be seen as actual black or Asian, they have to go to the most exaggerated aspects of each demographic.

BTW, listen to how offensive your comments are. I asked why don't trans women try to look like less stereotypical versions of females (example: Jamie Lee Curtis, Rachel Maddow). You said people like me would say they aren't even trying. Why would I say that? Rachel Maddow and Jamie Lee Curtis are clearly women. So, are you saying (and I'm asking this to be rhetorical) that they're not even trying hard enough to be "real" women? But the man that wears Barbie doll or Betty Page-style clothes, has pink dreadlocks and Lee Press On nails is?

Last edited by dee2364; 09-01-2020 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-01-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
how do you know?
How do I know? I live and interact with people in the Real World. I interact with friends, neighbors, people at the local store, even the mailman and delivery guy.

Do you?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,722,597 times
I had sex with a trans woman some years ago, and it was a very pleasant experience. She had had the surgery to create an artificial vagina, and it was an acceptable substitute. It lacked the lubrication and elasticity of the typical vagina, but was functional for sex. Her body was great, with firm breasts. It felt very feminine. She was really good looking, and very skilled at pleasing a man in bed. I suppose that last was to be expected.

I don't think of myself as particularly gay. Having sex with a trans woman was not gay. If she wanted to be a woman, and had spent a serious fortune remodeling her body to match her identity, I could accept that.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:43 PM

722 posts, read 431,826 times
Quote:
How do I know? I live and interact with people in the Real World. I interact with friends, neighbors, people at the local store, even the mailman and delivery guy.

Do you?
yes and I have the opposite experience. So how do you know?

Old 09-01-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
yes and I have the opposite experience. So how do you know?
You're just saying that you've had the opposite experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology