Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 05:00 PM

30 posts, read 11,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
You only need to honest to yourself.

If you got to say a little white lie like these are steel toe, it goes by the honer system. Nobody is there inspecting them and if they do you tell them you will get them soon. With all the BS that people do and say day in and out. They are not concerned with that, just have good attendance and be on time. If they offer you Over time take it. Those are the people they want to keep if they have room.
I have no boots at all, I have two pairs of shoes and I really need some new ones.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:11 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,909,474 times
The shelter you are in can get you in touch with a social worker to discuss everything including clothing and transportation. Have you talked to churches and outreach programs? You foudn City Data so you can google those in your area.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
The shelter you are in can get you in touch with a social worker to discuss everything including clothing and transportation. Have you talked to churches and outreach programs? You foudn City Data so you can google those in your area.
This shelter is a joke they don't help you do anything, the employees take food that is donated and they make sure to keep anything good for themselves. Its kind of a rural area I don't like to mention it but I think I know the reason why haven't been able to find help.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:36 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,794,579 times
Sometimes churches (any denomination) will help. And if they can't help you directly, they may be able to direct you to those who can.

Christian radio stations can help, too.

Congrats on your sobriety! And please don't give up! Keep reaching out. Keep asking for help. You have access to a computer obviously, so use it to find out what others in your position have done. You might get some ideas that you didn't even think of.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Sometimes churches (any denomination) will help. And if they can't help you directly, they may be able to direct you to those who can.

Christian radio stations can help, too.

Congrats on your sobriety! And please don't give up! Keep reaching out. Keep asking for help. You have access to a computer obviously, so use it to find out what others in your position have done. You might get some ideas that you didn't even think of.
I'm kind of sour on churches the sober living I was at was ran by a church and they treated us like slaves. The place I'm at now is connected to a church and they aren't too far from criminals. I'm in a homeless shelter there is no computer for me to use, these place was supposed to help you get a phone but that never happened at least for me. I have a phone but the service was off if hadn't found wifi to use and ordered me a q link sim card I wouldn't have service.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:23 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,774 times
Tomorrow is another day, you got a network. Give us more information and we can look into seeing what can be done. If it don't work one way try another way.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Tomorrow is another day, you got a network. Give us more information and we can look into seeing what can be done. If it don't work one way try another way.
You're right but what kind of information?

Old 11-10-2022, 06:49 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,774 times
Name of town or city.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Name of town or city.
Parkersburg,WV I have to warn you the don't believe everything you see there are alot of scams out there.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:46 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,794,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofoptions View Post
I'm kind of sour on churches the sober living I was at was ran by a church and they treated us like slaves. The place I'm at now is connected to a church and they aren't too far from criminals. I'm in a homeless shelter there is no computer for me to use, these place was supposed to help you get a phone but that never happened at least for me. I have a phone but the service was off if hadn't found wifi to use and ordered me a q link sim card I wouldn't have service.
Even if you're "sour" on churches, it doesn't mean that they can't or won't help if asked. You almost have to make a pest of yourself.

As for computer usage, some public libraries may have a computer lab you can use (mostly for free). You may only have a limited time to use them, but it's SOMETHING.

Also, public recreation centers may also have computer labs available for public use.

As for a phone, you can use the computer to look up "free government phones." Sometimes, those phones are available at places like supermarkets and at retail stores like WalMart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofoptions View Post
Parkersburg,WV I have to warn you the don't believe everything you see there are alot of scams out there.
From the map, I see that there's an interstate that goes through the town. AS A LAST RESORT, you can always stand at a freeway off ramp and hold up a sign asking for..."donations."

Something else you may consider is 'moving' to a larger town (such as Columbus or Pittsburgh), that would offer more resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology