Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 AM

105 posts, read 362,248 times

Advertisements

I was so happy to see a MCAlister now it bot coming .nice place ! I wish we could have a family style steak house or even a Goldern Corral some place to take the family after church .Chile is not my great ideal of family place , We ate at Broken egg last week good food but pricey for Bk food , I do hope the older movie place will be come a 3.00 place that would be good for the family that want to go out . Most of the first run places are just to much for a family of 4 or grand parent fun time . Sad when you have to spend 50.00 or more for a afternoon movie with the kids ! But it is great to see all the new shops and place coming to the area !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I was there the other day and there were a couple of names I didn't recognize on the under Constuction buildings in front of the theater. Seemes like they have a replacement for McAllisters already. I've eaten at the N Hills one and it was good but nothing special.

I haven't been by recently, but I hope one of those names is Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. I just visited the one in Raleigh over on Seaboard after having eaten at the one in Charlotte's airport. They were mentioned on the Park West Village website as "opening soon", but oddly enough, no mention on the Bad Daddy's website.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
I didn't see Bad Daddy's, but there was a story in the Triangle Business Journal the other day that mentioned them so I assume they are still coming.

Whoever was wanting a Golden Corral, there used to be one in the other shopping center (across from Park West) and they closed it a few years ago.

Last edited by Sherifftruman; 02-01-2013 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I didn't see Bad Daddy's, but there was a story in the Triangle Business Journal the other day that mentioned them so I assume they are still coming.

Whoever was wanting a Golden Corral, there used to be one in the other shopping center and they closed it a few years ago.
And there's that one over by Crossroads, for people who can eat there.

I don't do most buffets, and GC grosses me out.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
Hey did anyone see the searchlights spinning at Park West tonight. Tonight is the grand opening of the Stone Theaters. I'll have to check it out.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM

21 posts, read 35,022 times
1 week ago was the opening (I went that weekend). Free movie on friday, and free popcorn all weekend.

Did I miss another party?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM

21 posts, read 35,022 times
Oh, I see the grand opening that Friday didn't work out quite so well because of the weather so they're celebrating again this weekend with free popcorn again.

I'm so there again tomorrow!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
Ahh! That makes sense. It wasn't the best of times last week I guess.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Oh, I see the grand opening that Friday didn't work out quite so well because of the weather so they're celebrating again this weekend with free popcorn again.

I'm so there again tomorrow!
Alien, please report back! With kids, we hardly get out and would love to see Anna Karenina there. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of getting a babysitter, as the film is out on DVD/streaming soon.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
I went by there over the weekend and looked. Bad Daddy's has a sign up and their constuction is coming along. Firebirds, Which Wich and the Lime (though I don't remember seeing a sign) spaces. The other interesting place was this Wine Guy concept which looks like it has a bistro and a wine shop. This is their first location outside of Ohio. The Wine Guy Wine Shop, Wine Bar & Bistro - Home The sign I saw said WG Kitchen and Bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary