Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I went by there over the weekend and looked. Bad Daddy's has a sign up and their constuction is coming along. Firebirds, Which Wich and the Lime (though I don't remember seeing a sign) spaces. The other interesting place was this Wine Guy concept which looks like it has a bistro and a wine shop. This is their first location outside of Ohio. The Wine Guy Wine Shop, Wine Bar & Bistro - Home The sign I saw said WG Kitchen and Bar.
We saw the sign for Lime over there on Friday. Firebirds is something I could totally do without, but the rest sound promising!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,830,027 times
Here is the developers plan for the stores:
Park West Village - Home

click on "directory" to open a PDF of the plan showing all the stores.
click on "movies' to see about the new theater

I just saw a movie there and was impressed. They have their own version of a large screen (aka IMAX) that they call PDX, and it was just as good.

They have an interesting pricing scheme, which you can see from the above link.
It's simple, but too long to describe. Bottom line is that every Tues you can save money, but it's not a 'discount theater' since they only show A-List flicks.

It will be interesting to see how this theater develops, since it's right across the street from another new and modern complex, the Carmike Park Place 16 in the Park Place Center strip mall.

I just wish there were a way to coordinate between these and other close theaters. I like going out and catching more than one film, back-to-back, and the scheduling can be onerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post

They have an interesting pricing scheme, which you can see from the above link.
It's simple, but too long to describe. Bottom line is that every Tues you can save money, but it's not a 'discount theater' since they only show A-List flicks.
$5 movies on Tuesday, and for another $5 you can get popcorn and a drink. $15 date night.... (More than it should be, but still a really good price in today's world for a first run movie at a modern theater.)

I've already mentioned to my GF about this for a future date night. Thanks for posting. Very helpful!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
It will be interesting to see how this theater develops, since it's right across the street from another new and modern complex, the Carmike Park Place 16 in the Park Place Center strip mall.
Park Place 16 is fifteen years old. I imagine it will move downmarket with Stone making its entrance. Park Place is already boosting its Bollywood offerings to try to make up for the loss of the Galaxy, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have to shift further in that direction along with more cheaper fare.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,773,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Park Place 16 is fifteen years old. I imagine it will move downmarket with Stone making its entrance. Park Place is already boosting its Bollywood offerings to try to make up for the loss of the Galaxy, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have to shift further in that direction along with more cheaper fare.
I looked and it was built in 1996! Pretty crazy when my wife and I were dating back then that place was packed on the weekends. Big difference now.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,827,210 times
Saw an article in the TBJ today...they've signed some smaller tenants.

Edible Arrangements
Smoothie King
European Wax Center
Carolina Dental Arts
The Chocolate Boutique
Sports Clips

Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM

That's good. They need a mix of small and large and local and chain to be successful in a place that size. Hopefully they get enough going to keep the place moving per their plan and they get the office buildings going.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 AM

200 posts, read 358,921 times
Default Sushi at Park West!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
I'd say between Chili's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ruckus, Qdoba and McAllister's -- Travinia is the odd man out.

Must admit that I was hoping for something a little different. Good sushi?
I was very pleasantly surprised last night to find that Ruckus offers sushi! And it was excellent! The chef is Japanese, and he even offered to create my sushi to my specifications due to some food allergies. The only sushi that I can honestly say measured up to this chef's; I had in Hawaii years ago at an authentic Japenese restaurant.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:26 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,827,210 times
I was wondering about getting sushi from a pizza the last time I went there. I'll have to try it out next time.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 AM

Lime Mexican just opened this past Wednesday. I will have to see how it compares to Qdoba.

Figured I would check and see if anyone was thinking that Park West don't make traffic so much better in that area? The new lanes vastly outpace any new traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary