Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM

13 posts, read 27,749 times

Advertisements

Hey Folks!

This property virgin is looking for the inside 411 on keystone crossing. I would love to hear any pros/cons about this community - potential for resale, plans for nearby area & roadways, etc....I'm aware this home is in Durham county.

I'm looking to relocate from Raleigh to Rtp/Sw Durham due to my commute...we have a modest budget of 220ish and have not found many options as of yet. The keystone community has our interest because the floor plans look very functional. We particularly like the 3rd floor bonus options. However we are less enthusiastic about the outside...lack of trees, close plots, and proximity to a transformer. We could over look the cons if we felt we could get a good deal on something that would gain value overtime.

Any suggestions on how to go about my research? I know there are some really savvy members on this forum! Thank you!

Last edited by SueFromLI; 07-08-2012 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Clarify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I sold a home in Keystone Crossings a couple of years ago. We found out that the main road was going to be used as a cut through so my clients bought a home that wasn't on that street.

Other than that, the location is great for them and they are very happy there. Yes, I have spoken with them!

Vicki

Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM

13 posts, read 27,749 times
Thank you for you reply! Which cutnthriughnarenyou referring to...trying to picture it on a map.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Look at Keystone Park Drive and Kit Creek Rd.:

Map view

One of the side streets may not have as much traffic.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Mike...which road was it that was closed? I can't remember the name. Was it Church Road? That is what happens after too many days at the beach...hard to get back to work!

They closed it and made Keystone Park Drive a cut through road. I didn't think that was a great idea for the neighborhood.

My clients bought on Mainline Station.

Vicki

Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Mainline Station would be the place to be, IMO.
Keystone Park Drive goes through the center of the neighborhood, and when I was in last winter, was still open to Church Street.

I'm curious about potential traffic from Kitts Creek through the neighborhood when the townhomes are built out.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Keystone Crossing, Durham, NC 003 by mikejaquish, on Flickr

Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 AM

22 posts, read 56,087 times
What you're referring to as a cut-through will take place when the intersection of Church Street and NC 54 is closed in the next 1 1/2-2 years. This is supposed to take place after the grade separation of the railroad on Hopson Road is completed. At that point, Church Street will become Keystone Park Drive at the Durham/Wake County line, and then Keystone Park Drive will extend out to Hopson, making Keystone Park Drive the cut-through.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilhelm View Post
What you're referring to as a cut-through will take place when the intersection of Church Street and NC 54 is closed in the next 1 1/2-2 years. This is supposed to take place after the grade separation of the railroad on Hopson Road is completed. At that point, Church Street will become Keystone Park Drive at the Durham/Wake County line, and then Keystone Park Drive will extend out to Hopson, making Keystone Park Drive the cut-through.
Thanks! I just couldn't remember how it was to come about.

It still annoys me that they would cut through a neighborhood. My clients and I did our research before buying. I wonder how many others didn't?!!

Vicki

Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,340,465 times
We looked at the community when they first started building and IMHO:

1) good
-- location to Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/new 540
-- a lot of house for the $/sq footage

2) bad
-- location smack in the middle of RTP offices, not a lot of retail around besides Sams Club/Walmart
-- I recall it was considered in Durham, so schools not as good
-- traffic mentioned above
-- potential noise from railroad tracks

I don't recall the builder but homes seem ordinarily built. I also can't remember if there were amenitities like clubhouse/pool.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary