Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2020, 08:14 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Wake county has an excellent system of mapping. Try looking at land anywhere else in the country. Counties rarely come close. I won’t ever complain.
Chill -- nobody was saying it wasn't great, just a desire for new imagery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 08:21 AM

1,326 posts, read 725,513 times
Now that paper products are back in stores, I fear I may have become one of the paper products hoarders I used to talk smack about. I can't seem to help grabbing just one more just in case. I may need some type of intervention or a larger house for my stash.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,123,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Chill -- nobody was saying it wasn't great, just a desire for new imagery.
“Thank you” for the “useful” yet snarky admonition. New imagery is costly requiring aerial recon in a careful grid then seamlessly joining all data and aligning it to topography, lot lines, etc. without being off by even a few feet. Yes nice to have, especially with all the local development. Worth our patience.

I’ll apply that chill to a nice white wine when the opportunity presents.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:37 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
“Thank you” for the “useful” yet snarky admonition. New imagery is costly requiring aerial recon in a careful grid then seamlessly joining all data and aligning it to topography, lot lines, etc. without being off by even a few feet. Yes nice to have, especially with all the local development. Worth our patience.

I’ll apply that chill to a nice white wine when the opportunity presents.
What is your problem yo, no kidding it takes a lot of time and effort to get satellite/aerial imagery into a digital format aligned with plats/maps. There's no denying that, can't people just long for updates without having to shell out into the details? Nobody is "demanding" or saying the IMAPs people don't work hard.

Calm down and stop taking everything so seriously on here. Go get crunk if that helps you mellow out.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:29 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,936,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
For anyone interested in or travels through ENC, this Sunday's episode of History Channel's It's How You Get There will feature Goldsboro and Wayne County.

https://www.goldsborodailynews.com/2...o-this-sunday/
I did watch it. Looks like the filming was before the state closed up Wilbers. Downtown looks great, but I always loved how wide Main St. seemed before the redesign. There was no shortage of parking that’s for sure. We used to drive through on the way to the beach when I was a kid.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:20 PM

133 posts, read 110,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I haven’t seen 7-Eleven in a while. Kwik-Pik was the first to come to the Triangle...I think
Oh Man...Kwik Pik....they eventually became Fast Fare if I remember correctly. Can’t say as I’ve ever seen a 7-Eleven in the Triangle. Tidewater area of Virginia has quite a few of them.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:54 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,598,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh72 View Post
Oh Man...Kwik Pik....they eventually became Fast Fare if I remember correctly. Can’t say as I’ve ever seen a 7-Eleven in the Triangle. Tidewater area of Virginia has quite a few of them.
Stopped at a 7-Eleven today for gas - Nags Head.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:32 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,832,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I did watch it. Looks like the filming was before the state closed up Wilbers. Downtown looks great, but I always loved how wide Main St. seemed before the redesign. There was no shortage of parking that’s for sure. We used to drive through on the way to the beach when I was a kid.
I missed the show, but it was actually filmed a little over a month ago.

https://www.goldsborodailynews.com/2...-wayne-county/

Last time I was there was in December 2017 and seeing how downtown looked was a pleasant surprise. When I left in 2009, it was a ghost town and it looked terrible. The final phase of the streetscape project should be done by the end of the year.

There used to be a pet store at the corner of Center Street and Ash Street called Pet Village & Ceramics. They had the best selection of fish. Nobody else in the area came close. I hated it when I found out they closed. I bought many fish from them.

Last edited by LM117; 08-10-2020 at 09:45 AM..

Old 08-10-2020, 03:06 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,936,123 times
[quote=LM117;58867934]I missed the show, but it was actually filmed a little over a month ago.[/tQUOTE]

Didn’t realize that. I didn’t see any masks, so I just figured it was much earlier...not even at the fire station. I got a kick out of the guys at the fire station. The firefighters put them in turnout gear and let them do some work around the station. They were surprised at how heavy all that stuff really is

Old 08-13-2020, 05:17 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,832,963 times
The 2021 Wings Over Wayne airshow has been postponed until 2022 due to COVID-19.

https://www.goldsborodailynews.com/2...ed-until-2022/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary