Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 AM

14 posts, read 52,232 times

Advertisements

Flowers, I also will be selling soon, I am in the process of decluttering my house, not easy with 4 kids, and was told by a friend who is in real estate to put fresh, or silk flower arrangmnets in place of knick knacks, they are bright and appeals to almost everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad3 View Post
.... One of our neighbors is having an open house today around the corner and our house blows theirs away and is 50,000 less. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will have some activity.
Realtors, don't flame me, but...
go get some helium balloons & attach them to your for sale sign- many people going to an advertised open house will stop at your open house too as they cruise the neighborhood.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:53 AM

460 posts, read 2,421,504 times
I say this and I have given this advice before. Did you have a broker's luncheon. You make a nice menu and send it around to all the realtors in the area VIA your realtor and offer lunch to realtors to come see your home. Make something they are going to want to eat. This gets them all over to see your property. The luncheon I threw was 26.00 and was money well spent.
I made lasagne. over 20 realtors came all NOW having a personal knowledge of your property. Also if your wanting out fast offer a BONUS to the realtor who sells it. 1 or 2 grand. they will list it Bonus to agent. Some agents love those. I recommend the brokers luncheon highly. Good luck.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM

189 posts, read 796,994 times
Our realtor had an agent's open house in the morning and a broker's open house that afternoon. I guess there was about 12-15 people from the
office. It wasn't as successful for the broker's open house. It was on a Friday afternoon and the weather wasn't good, it was raining. We did talk about having another broker's open house if need be since I don't like the idea of public open houses. What type of recommendations do you have as far as the planning for the broker's open house? Scheduling a time, day, meal, invites, etc. Thanks

Old 06-03-2007, 06:12 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Realtors, don't flame me, but...
go get some helium balloons & attach them to your for sale sign- many people going to an advertised open house will stop at your open house too as they cruise the neighborhood.
I like it! Anything to stir traffic. Make sure you advertise, since Open Houses often flop for agents, too.
Put a directional sign out right beside the agent's sign, too.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Put a directional sign out right beside the agent's sign, too.
oooh that's going too far!
But, truth is, my mom was my realtor, and she & the other realtors who had listings in the area came to each other's open houses, & pointed each other to the others IF the people were not interested in their house, all to stir up more traffic. It worked well for everyone involved to have people stopping for all of the open houses in the neighborhood.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:59 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
oooh that's going too far!
But, truth is, my mom was my realtor, and she & the other realtors who had listings in the area came to each other's open houses, & pointed each other to the others IF the people were not interested in their house, all to stir up more traffic. It worked well for everyone involved to have people stopping for all of the open houses in the neighborhood.
NYer,
Actually, as an agent, I'm serious. whatever it takes to get the excitement going through activity. And there are people who will go to the agent's open house and then to the FSBO, and vice versa.
No one is hurt...
That's why you will see agents from different firms cooperatie on multiple open houses in a neighborhood from time to time. I don't think it happens enough.

Wait until the Parade of Homes and watch the FSBOs' signs pop up like dandelions in the spring.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM

189 posts, read 796,994 times
I need some advice on how to warm up my home on a budget. The downstairs is pretty bare since we just painted and carpeted. The upstairs is very warm and colorful and lived in.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:46 PM

174 posts, read 196,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
I made lasagne. over 20 realtors came all NOW having a personal knowledge of your property.
Great idea, especially in a slow market. Real estate agents will need free meals when those commission checks start slowing down.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:07 PM

460 posts, read 2,421,504 times
Default Broker's Open house

Schedule it for a Tues Wed or Thurs, Never Monday or Friday. Always make up the menu and have it passed around via email and handout the week BEFORE. Make something they will want to eat so they will make an effort to show up. I made lasagne, garlic bread, a salad and an antipasto (meats, cheeses, olives and roasted peppers) I served a dark faux wine punch. Sparkling alcohol free wine, some fruit punch and pellegrino all mixed together with maybe 1/2 cup of peach nectar and fruit slices in the menu I called it Tuscan Vineyard Punch. Meant nothing but sounded exotic. We did not do dessert because another realtor had an open house around the corner and she did the dessert. If your going to do one make it simple, strawberries are in season buy some and so a strawberry something.

What I was trying to showcase was my custom kitchen but I feel the place where you do the serving will be the showcase room. Dining room, kitchen, even your deck since its nice out and if you got a good one showcase it.
Your agent will know how to pass aroudn email around the details and try and get the brokers to come see your home. I was very pleased with how my brokers open came out we had 27 brokers show and today when I had a showing the realtor communicated to my realtor that a broker friend of hers had mentioned my home to her in an email. It is the best advertising money you can spend is to showcase your homes to the brokers, they meet and talk and email each other constantly.
If your realtor is not creative offer to assist. Make up a nice themed invite in an email and send it to the realtor with your menu

Please come out to 123 Best Home Ever Place for a Broker's Lunch on
June 25, 2007 12 - 2 pm
Luncheon catered by Tuscan Specialties by Debbie
Antipasto of cheese and meats, olives and roasted peppers
Fresh baked Garlic Bread sticks
Ensalata Italiana of mixed and seasonal greens with balsamic vingarette
Three Cheese Lasagne with a San Marzano Meat Sauce
Bottled Imported Sparkling Water or Tuscan Vineyard Punch

Thats my example and please feel free to steal any and all of it if it helps you get your house sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad3 View Post
Our realtor had an agent's open house in the morning and a broker's open house that afternoon. I guess there was about 12-15 people from the
office. It wasn't as successful for the broker's open house. It was on a Friday afternoon and the weather wasn't good, it was raining. We did talk about having another broker's open house if need be since I don't like the idea of public open houses. What type of recommendations do you have as far as the planning for the broker's open house? Scheduling a time, day, meal, invites, etc. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary