Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:23 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Didn't sleep well due to the intense itching. Hydrocortisone and benadryl spray not helping.

Well, I'm kind-of concerned about that big one but since you work in hospital maybe you can have one of the docs check it out and do what they had to do before - both of the above should have helped and doesn't seem like they are.

Goldy: I want some of your dinner/lunch. Dang my mouth is watering right now.

NJ: Glad the house is smelling better and all the negative vibes are out of your house - if not, hire a priest to perform an exorcism or something. And buyers cancelling 'cause of a little rain? God if that was the case here, we'd never have any showings! Well, good thing is that you, DH and kiddies can have time to recoup from stressful ordeal of mean, stinking MIL. I really feel bad for DH 'cause it really does suck to have a mom like that.

And looks like I could be in the top 10 for adopted auntie since I have Albert! YEAH You folks better get a kittie or I'll move up even higher in the rankings

I'll have to check that thread again. I have so much work to do today, all of it creative work (creating web pages) and I have to be in a creative mood to do it and just ain't feeling creative right now. Wish it was something I could 'force' but either I'm feeling it or I'm not. If not, then the page looks like . So i'm hoping the creative spirit finds me soon or . . .

Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
We have friends coming out this afternoon about 3...going to dinner at a place we found in Palm Springs a couple weeks ago...probably an early dinner, I hate eating late...

DP and I vacuumed, I steam mopped the tile, put away some stuff, I dusted, it was awful...between the dogs and the dirt, I don't know If I will make it until that mobile sells and we can put in patios and some sod. The steam mop works good though, I love the clean of steam!

I was wringing wet after all that so I put my nighty back on and think I will go lay down for a while..didn't sleep so good last night, well about 6 hours but now I am wore out again.

Shelly, hope the itch is subsiding some, I know how awful it is...yipes! if it doesnt get better you might need to get a cortisone shot or something to help. I agree, hire a yard boy to mow from now on.. A cute one to boot!

Ok, will check in later, ya'll have a relaxing day..

Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
We have a lawn guy - he's not cute but works well!

NJ is the rain bad today?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Default Older Women

AFTER BEING MARRIED FOR 44 YEARS, I TOOK A CAREFUL LOOK AT MY WIFE ONE DAY AND SAID, '44 YEARS AGO WE HAD A CHEAP APARTMENT, A CHEAP CAR, SLEPT ON A SOFA BED AND WATCHED A 10-INCH BLACK AND WHITE TV, BUT I GOT TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT WITH A HOT 25-YEAR-OLD GIRL".

NOW I HAVE A$1,500,000.00 HOME, A $45,000.00 CAR, NICE BIG BED AND A PLASMA SCREEN TV, BUT I'M SLEEPING WITH A 65-YEAR-OLD WOMAN.. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU'RE NOT HOLDING UP YOUR SIDE OF THINGS.'

MY WIFE IS A VERY REASONABLE WOMAN. SHE TOLD ME TO GO OUT AND FIND A HOT 25-YEAR-OLD GIRL AND SHE WOULD MAKE SURE THAT I WOULD ONCE AGAIN BE LIVING IN A CHEAP APARTMENT, DRIVING A CHEAP CAR, SLEEPING ON A SOFA BED AND WATCHING A 10-INCH BLACK AND WHITE TV.

AREN'T OLDER WOMEN GREAT? THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO SOLVE YOUR MID-LIFE CRISES.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Ladies-for all who enjoy cooking and friendship my good friend CrazWorl and I have started a new thread in the Good Forum "Come In To Our Kitchen"-we're sharing dinner ideas and caring. You are all more than welcome to join us.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Scared of a little rain???!!!!

We're just kicking back around the house. DH is mowing right now...no bee stings. We have some juicy bacon wrapped tenderloins for the grill along with baked potatoes and seven layer salad. I also have a pecan pie. We be grazing today!! We will take the dogs for a long walk.
OMG! That sounds delicious!!

Well, tonight for dinner....I made Barb's shrimp salad and had cheesy garlic bread on the side. Can you say delicious? Barb--a home run with this one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ladies-for all who enjoy cooking and friendship my good friend CrazWorl and I have started a new thread in the Good Forum "Come In To Our Kitchen"-we're sharing dinner ideas and caring. You are all more than welcome to join us.
Oh...count me in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Shelly, hope the itch is subsiding some, I know how awful it is...yipes! if it doesnt get better you might need to get a cortisone shot or something to help. I agree, hire a yard boy to mow from now on.. A cute one to boot!
The sting down by my right ankle is the one that is itching real bad...almost as bad as poison ivy. The huge one 8" welt is not even itching. Calamine helps stop the itching for a short period of time.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well, I'm kind-of concerned about that big one but since you work in hospital maybe you can have one of the docs check it out and do what they had to do before - both of the above should have helped and doesn't seem like they are.

And looks like I could be in the top 10 for adopted auntie since I have Albert! YEAH You folks better get a kittie or I'll move up even higher in the rankings .
I'm buying a puppy, so there!!! Plus, I'll be living in Texas--I can find some ponies for Mia and Noah to ride when they visit Aunt Shelly!!!

So, the big sting doesn't even bother me any more, but the one by my right ankle--the itch is driving me CRAZY!!

Old 08-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Does Benadryl help???? Alcohol-both ways on and orally?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Does Benadryl help???? Alcohol-both ways on and orally?
Lace!! This is so funny ..."Both ways--on and orally"...LMAO!!

Benadryl just puts me to sleep. I have atarax here too, but it puts me to sleep also. ETOH....when I was having drinks last night I was still itching. I never tried putting alcohol on the stings....wouldn't that burn? I'm afraid--don't make me do it!

Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Rubbing alcohol but don't drink that one-grab some Smirnoff or Captain Morgan's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate