Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:13 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times

Advertisements

Oh-oh C21, (I just read the updates on "Business card" thread) it seems we may have been wrong thinking showing 200-300 homes a week was an embellishment Naw I don't think so

Tex I sure hope you mixed yourself some stiff drinks and are feeling better after enduring all those bee stings! I have hated bees with a passion ever since I got stung on 2 separate occasions after stepping on them. It hasn't happened for a long time, but think I better buy some baking soda to be prepared. We've had some really slow and er passive ones this summer...been able to swat several dead with a fly swatter Wear long pants and sleeves for the next mowing, or better yet hire a service or a yard kid LOL

Oh I so enjoyed that MJ ditty...nice job with the youtube.

NJ I trust you are feeling so much better after MIL hit the road. What an ordeal! Kinda disappointing when the relatives that come along with spouses, turn out to be ones you wouldn't wish on an enemy. You did your part. Knock on wood and dust it for those upcoming showings...it's gonna move baby

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:33 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Texas, They make the Bendryll in a spray bottle now, I dont leave home without it! Then of course you can take chewing tobacco after you chew on it abit and put it on the sting, yuk I know but it works too, baking soda paste, ect...all good.
WOW--benadryl in a spray bottle! I have to get me some of that. I think I'll pass on the chewing tobacco! I don't have the kahoni's for that! The baking soda actually subsided the burn. Now the bites are itching like crazy. I just finished putting hydrocortisone cream on them.

This isn't as bad as the last 2 times. The first time I got attacked in my yard, I had over 30 stings! I almost ended up in the ER. I was hyperventilating...my neighbor shoved 2 benadryl down my throat and then started applying ice everywhere. It was awful...then a few days later one of the bites looked like I had cellulitis at the site. So I went to my dr. who put me on a steroid taper. The 2nd time, I only was stung ~15 times. Now this time only 6 stings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NJS-just getting philosphical (sp) here but your DH has come a long way from his upbringing with the Mom from he--. This had to be very hard on him as I know Mr. L's family is mucho different from me/him/our life. Praise him and treasure him-he did come thru for you-it could have been much different.

I know the early struggles I had to never ever be my mother.

Don't forget he feels embarassment over this-don't let her win okay. You have a special guy there.
I tried to rep you for this but couldn't---stupid system!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Tex I sure hope you mixed yourself some stiff drinks and are feeling better after enduring all those bee stings! I have hated bees with a passion ever since I got stung on 2 separate occasions after stepping on them. It hasn't happened for a long time, but think I better buy some baking soda to be prepared. We've had some really slow and er passive ones this summer...been able to swat several dead with a fly swatter Wear long pants and sleeves for the next mowing, or better yet hire a service or a yard kid LOL

Oh I so enjoyed that MJ ditty...nice job with the youtube.
Oh I had several strong drinks tonight! Now the bites are itching horribly.

Gold--glad you could appreciate MJ's musical talent!!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Bees? OMG..I am so allergic to bees, I will run a mile..are you ok Tex?
Get thee the hell out of dodge, girl...if only..now just take it easy...benadryl..what am i telling you for, lol you are a nurse..let me know if you are ok...i was just chatting online with my sis about the cruise..we want to go soo bad....
I'm ok...they just itch like crazy now. That one welt is still huge though.

Oh, I really hope you and Cindy can go on the cruise.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Can I adopt you guys as my long lost sisters that I do not have???
See NJ...your kids have lots of Aunties on here and now even a Grandmother (Lacey).

Old 08-02-2009, 04:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning-Tex hope you got some sleep. Cannot imagine 6, 15 or 30 stings!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well gals, I do STINK, just mowed 2 acres and washed out the 6 big trash cans and all the trash baskets in the house and taken' a break from the barn, washing the stall walls down......yep I need to shower badly! Also hauled all the trash to the dump and and and.....whoaaaaaaa I can hardly wait to be done!

Texas, They make the Bendryll in a spray bottle now, I dont leave home without it! Then of course you can take chewing tobacco after you chew on it abit and put it on the sting, yuk I know but it works too, baking soda paste, ect...all good.

NJ, I sure hope you get positive results on those showings and thankful your mil isnt sitting on the couch when they come in..........a 5 min. showing would be a long visit for them! Good Luck
Painter, thanks girl! I left the window open all night so hopefully it will smell better.
I don't know how you do it Painter.....you have a lot of acreage to cover! You must be sleeping by 8p every night!

Quote:
We all the aunts!!!! Surrogate grandma here.
That would be great!
and thank you for being philosophical!! I would have never married him if he had all the makings of his mother...We are miles away now thankfully! In the first home we had *mind you across the street from her* (before the kids came)she used to waltz right in our home without knocking. Moving 30 miles from her felt better lol after the kids came but then when we were leaving for NJ so was so brazen with me when I told her to come see your grandkids before we leave and to be told that she was too busy!. Every time she did something else it was another nail in the coffin having less and less respect for her. She most likely thought it was me sending her bags packing (actually she sent them via post office LOL)when it was her son that told her he was putting her on a flight home...I am sure he was embarrassed for the way she acted.He is a quiet individual and you could see it on his face at times! She isn't hurting me,she is hurting her son. Amen. lol......
P.S. I am sorry you had a bad time growing up with your mom.

Quote:
See NJ...your kids have lots of Aunties on here and now even a
Grandmother (Lacey).
Right on Tex. I hope your bee stings are less painful.Did you try calamine? I know we all mentioned baking soda....paste..Sleep deep!!
Quote:
NJ I trust you are feeling so much better after MIL hit the road. What an ordeal! Kinda disappointing when the relatives that come along with spouses, turn out to be ones you wouldn't wish on an enemy. You did your part. Knock on wood and dust it for those upcoming showings...it's gonna move baby
Quote:
GOLDIE! Thanks be to God she is gone lol because it would have been twice as stinky if she was here 2 extra days LOL....You got it, can't pick the relatives, that is for sure! thanks for the support Gold!!!

C21- lol any more with that thread. I must go look (*the biz card thread!)*...........
Ok, after fumigating yesterday, the house is in good shape after a thorough cleaning.....so not too much to do except wipe showers down after we bathe---
Quote:
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!! (and I wash my hands after I go to the bathroom and do take showers LOL) Plus they can play with Albert - extra bonus for them
BTW: My kids LOVE kitties especially my daughter Mia! they would be in Heaven lol.

Last edited by njsocks; 08-02-2009 at 06:24 AM..

Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
UPDATE:

Buyers cancelled today's showing due to the rain coming our way . They didn't reschedule. The other realtor called and didn't say anything about rescheduling. Well, the house is clean for tomorrow's showing at least.

What is everyone up today?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning-Tex hope you got some sleep. Cannot imagine 6, 15 or 30 stings!!!
Didn't sleep well due to the intense itching. Hydrocortisone and benadryl spray not helping.
Quote:
and thank you for being philosophical!! I would have never married him if he had all the makings of his mother...We are miles away now thankfully! In the first home we had *mind you across the street from her* (before the kids came)she used to waltz right in our home without knocking. Moving 30 miles from her felt better lol after the kids came but then when we were leaving for NJ so was so brazen with me when I told her to come see your grandkids before we leave and to be told that she was too busy!. Every time she did something else it was another nail in the coffin having less and less respect for her. She most likely thought it was me sending her bags packing (actually she sent them via post office LOL)when it was her son that told her he was putting her on a flight home...I am sure he was embarrassed for the way she acted.He is a quiet individual and you could see it on his face at times! She isn't hurting me,she is hurting her son. Amen. lol......

Right on Tex. I hope your bee stings are less painful.Did you try calamine? I know we all mentioned baking soda....paste..Sleep deep!!
Poor Mr.NJ---I am still in disbelief that she couldn't drive 30 miles to see her grandchildren when you were moving. That must have hurt your husband a LOT.
I am going to wipe off the hydrocortisone cream that isn't working and try calamine lotion. I have some of that due to having poison ivy every summer.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Ouch Tex!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:21 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

Buyers cancelled today's showing due to the rain coming our way . They didn't reschedule. The other realtor called and didn't say anything about rescheduling. Well, the house is clean for tomorrow's showing at least.

What is everyone up today?
Scared of a little rain???!!!!

We're just kicking back around the house. DH is mowing right now...no bee stings. We have some juicy bacon wrapped tenderloins for the grill along with baked potatoes and seven layer salad. I also have a pecan pie. We be grazing today!! We will take the dogs for a long walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate