Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times

Advertisements

Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Yeah we "nag" cause we care.

Barb my air's at 70 but I guess it's relative as you're hotter outdoors than we are.

Hey girls I'm sorta getting used to this bach'ing it.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
okay...Thank you I appreciate everyone's concern about the spider bite, really I do, trust me, I freaked... at first. And all your DM's...
The spot has not changed to day,if anything it looks a little fainter. There is nothing to do but watch it...there is no antivenom stuff, and they can't pump me up with steroids or antibiotics or anything , just because. There is nothing to cut out or debride. Most verified BR bites only remain like a pinprick and DO NOT turn into the gross stuff you have seen online (most of which is not verified BR bites) I am taking it easy though and keeping my eye on the spot for any thing different.

more coffee i am not fully awake
Well like someone said, we nag 'cause we care. Am glad though you at least talked to your doctor but no one wanting anything bad happening to ya. Just keep that eyball on it. XXOOO

Barb tell the Big Dog happy birthday and sounds like you're gonna have a good time, albiet hotter than hades. Do you use ceiling fans? You'd be amazed at how they help cool the house and doesn't use as much energy. When I lived at the beach didn't have a/c only ceiling fans and I did just fine. Just a thought.

Lacey, glad Mr. L. being taken care of and know he'll be improving more and more each day XX

GF enjoy SD - just love that place. Check out Cardiff by the Sea when you're there - all the cute surfers surf around those beaches. Ummm

See everyone around the camp later when I get home from the office. I'm being bad and playing on computer instead of working. Pfff - I be the Jefa so I can do what I want

Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Hey all- It is only 98 here (in the shade), abit of a breeze. Storming to beat all alittle to the west but it isnt coming my way.
Not much here, mamma cat is back and pg again. She is a stray and only comes around when shes having babies 'cuz she knows I will feed her. My boys did get bathed today, they smell like oatmeal but let me tell you I ain't big enough to put an outfit on them! We would have a battle and I dont know if I would win.........
Lacey, Livin' the single life, huh? Well I know you enjoy alittle bit of the peace but still wanting your man home with you, soon alright.
crazy, I am just surprised you didnt bite that dang thing back! I would of not thought twice about smashing it beyond recognition then would wonder what it was.
Happy day to Mr. Dogpa!
The rest of you----w e l l what can I say!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM

OOOPPPPPS correction it says 102!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Painter-the only good thing here are the summer's-they are not oppressive at all. Makes up for the winters.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all- It is only 98 here (in the shade), abit of a breeze. Storming to beat all alittle to the west but it isnt coming my way.
Not much here, mamma cat is back and pg again. She is a stray and only comes around when shes having babies 'cuz she knows I will feed her. My boys did get bathed today, they smell like oatmeal but let me tell you I ain't big enough to put an outfit on them! We would have a battle and I dont know if I would win.........

Dang, that's frickin' HOT HOT HOT. I do not miss that kind of heat at all! So on mama cat, does she stick around and a mouser? If not wonder about having her spayed. My 'office' cat Goldie (f/k/a Carmencita) got fixed after getting pregnant twice in a row. Have to say one thing about the expats here, 'cause the Panamanians never did it (couldn't afford it), is they put on free spay and neuter clinics so the locals (and expats) can get their animals fixed for free. Really cut down on strays. Of course when I grew up in OK, we had 'barn cats' that my daddy would buy kibble for and literally encouraged all the cats in the darn county to hang out in our barn - never had mouse issues!

Lacey, Livin' the single life, huh? Well I know you enjoy alittle bit of the peace but still wanting your man home with you, soon alright.

Lace, glad you're having some time for 'you'- though know you'll be glad when Mr. L. home. So what part of MN are you in? My pseudo grew up in Wilmar then left when he went to college. I went their once for his 500th HS reunion in the summer but do remember him telling me when in Colorado that I didn't KNOW cold until I had experienced a MN winter. Colorado was cold enough, so never wanted to be somewhere that was even colder. Brrrr. Was beautiful though when I was there during summer.

crazy, I am just surprised you didnt bite that dang thing back!
Well, this would be another way to deal with those pesky spiders - pretty darn effective, too.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 PM

C21-Willmar now=equals Afganistan, avoid at all costs. We're well noth and in a gorgeous,thriving town.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
C21-Willmar now=equals Afganistan, avoid at all costs. We're well noth and in a gorgeous,thriving town.
Oh, hon, I'll never be going back there - this was where my pseudo ex grew up and I only visited once. No way I'd go back to any place that guy had anything to do with. The pseudo part means I 'thought' I was married, then found out after 3 years here I wasn't. So needless to say going to Willmar not on my agenda - rather be stuck in the eye with a Machete.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Wish I would find out I was never married, lol, then maybe I could get all my cash back!!. Yep that would be a dream come true, but you cant get it out of a turnip either.

Well anyhooos the storm came back around and bit us, lit up the skies for sure. Absolutely hate lightening storms here, this shet is wicked. Just came from the little house, half their electric was out. Now just the air unit and I am worried it might have got hit, won't know till morning. Gonna replace the outside breaker first to see if that will do it and if not wellllll............

C21, I would have to trap the mamma cat and haul her in to get her fixed at my cost. she only comes around AFTER she is preg., guess she knows she needs add'l food. She will disappear for a couple of months and then walaah, she waddles into the barn for dinner. Local **** I guess, she really needs to raise her prices though, lol.

Hope you all have a good nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate