Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
She's an hour behind us! Did you make that vodka/cranberry drink?

No, now I am too tired LOL...What a wuss I am. Maybe for tonite--I mean hours frm now tonite lol........It's 3hrs. behind me there isn't it Tex? Are you having a cocktail??? I am never up this late but after the earthquake from before lol............

Old 07-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
No, now I am too tired LOL...What a wuss I am. Maybe for tonite--I mean hours frm now tonite lol........It's 3hrs. behind me there isn't it Tex? Are you having a cocktail??? I am never up this late but after the earthquake from before lol............
You and I are on the same time zone so Joy is only 1 hr behind you. Yes, I am getting ready to make a cocktail!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:54 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You and I are on the same time zone so Joy is only 1 hr behind you. Yes, I am getting ready to make a cocktail!
Oh my Tex...I am thinking you already moved to TX girl lol..I am putting you on TX time lol..........I already have you moved there lol........ay ay ay!!

I saw Billy Mays had his funeral today. How sad!! Is Mckeesport near you??????in PA??

I thnk I may have to call it a night.........I am falling asleep lol........Sleep deep Tex and C21!!! If I cannot sleep, I will return LOL!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Mckees Rock is close to me...a suburb of Pittsburgh, just like me. His funeral was on local TV. All the pall bearers wore blue shirts with "Pitchman" on the back and khaki pants like he wore. Damn, I wish I was in Texas--but I would only be 1 hour behind you if I were!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Morning peeps just got back from across the street. OMgosh , neighbor man can COOK! We had grilled yellowfin tuna steaks, grilled shrimp, grilled veggie medley, I took coleslaw all DELISH.... and took brownies and grapes that we noshed on while playing phase 10...goes great with beer & white russians lol Had a great time.Lightening is bouncing around now and hope we get some rain!!!!!

no news from DD, so hoping things were calm today, after her & DGD field trip to see some tran in Seattle...

Okay will catch up tomorrow.errrr later today!!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:28 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
A good read for the 4th ( i know we are mere young chickens LOL but is true...to me at least)
Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for

every conceivable deficiency of the modern world,
real or imaginary.

We know we take responsibility for all we have done and

do not blame others.

HOWEVER,
upon reflection, we would like to point out
that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:

The melody out of music,
The pride out of appearance,
The courtesy out of driving,
The romance out of love,
The commitment out of marriage,
The responsibility out of parenthood,
The togetherness out of the family,
The learning out of education,
The service out of patriotism,
The Golden Rule from rulers,
The nativity scene out of cities,
The civility out of behaviour,
The refinement out of language,
The dedication out of employment,
The prudence out of spending,
The ambition out of achievement, or,
God out of government and school.

And we certainly are NOT the ones
who eliminated
patience and tolerance
from personal relationships and interactions with others!!
And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism,
and remember those who have fought and died
for our country.

Thank God for the 'elders' in our lives who taught us what is important!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good morning all and

Happy 4th!!!! Be safe and have fun.

Shell-changed the dressing after he showered and he's still alive!
Those people are so lucky to have you-most of healing comes from the caring nurses out there-all the ones he had were wonderful.

Mr. L's sis and her hub are coming today-they were driving 3 hrs and said they would visit 1/2 hr! I said NO WAY-you cannot come unless you stay over and give us both a diversion so I made mac salad, grabbed a pork loin from the dreezer, baked beans, fruit salad-al I have to do is a beer run for BIL.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:12 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Good morning, all, HAPPY 4TH!!
my computer is still acting weird since i downloaded internet explorer 8. it disconnects every few minutes. dont know what to do. NJ, my husband loves to pick blueberries and make pies. then we eat the pie in one day. but its a simple recipe. we also go sour cherry picking at a farm near here. i make sour cherry pie. so good! cant wait.
i have no plans to day, feeling down and anti social lately. may go to the farmer's market, walk around the main st. the traffic around us is horrible for the holidays, with the water park and outlets.

Tex, congrats on 2nd job, dont wear yourself out, though. Cma, prayers still headed your way...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Stoy, I have the same problem...does a box thing pop up on your screen that says IE8 is shuttng down? I just click out of it when I see it and it works ok...not sure why it does that, thought maybe it was the stupid Vista on this puter, but now I dunno...

Have fun putzing around, I read in the paper that Palm Springs area is full this weekend. not sure what is bringing normally sane...wait, I take that back, folks to the desert he** hole that's going to be at least 110 for the next few days, except cheap prices. Was thinking about going to a movie but might re think that one.

My folks a/c went out last night, Dogpaw went over there, fan motor. I told them to come over since it's so blasted hot but they have a portable swamp cooler they were using in their family room/kitchen so hopefully they did ok. chatted with my mom last night about 11, she was still up, my dad was freaking out about the repair costs, i told her to go to bed, he would calm down and follow. Glad I am 3 blocks away...I am trying to not stress about their stuff, I have my own stuff to stress over.

I should go out to the market early and get some food in and have them come over later..oh wait Dogpaw was clipping coupons last night, when he gets up i will send him...I still want to fix a pork roast for pulled pork.

Lacey, how do you fix yours again...did you say apple juice and onion in the crock pot??

Ok more coffee....might need to take a xanax today...its 5:30 and I have been up for over an hour already..I hate this.

Need to work on my facebook farm...later campers..

Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!! No plans made here as of yet. DD has to work the 8 pm to 4 am, ds well who knows what he is up to. May take the new neighbors to see the fireworks but.......anyway. You all with the "farms" could come here and work, your dress code may get some attentions but I am sure you would be welcomed! There is plenty to do, and the peas, squash, corn, melons, berries and the pears are ready to pick. Personally I "might" be ready to give up the farm life! Just dont know if I could be sociable enough to live in town with folks right on top of me, oh that doesnt sound right but you know what I mean, right?

Oh Texas, I dug the splinter out with the exacto. Now I know that was not the best way but it worked and I'd say 90% is out with no problemo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate