Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
lacey, if i delete it will i be screwed? wouldnt it automatically override ie 7??
C21 im gonna try that restore points again.

ok, i found that restore points thing, and restored it from the time before IE8. I did it!! but had connection problems again. maybe i should call our Internet people.
If you restored to pre IE8, then you should be on older version of IE - so yes, if you're having connection problems then it very well is your ISP (trying using another browser though just to see if connection problems). Sometimes mine can be so slow, even hardlined in, that it doesn't connect. Good on ya for 1) having your computer set to do auto restore points and 2) being able to do it without screwing things up!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy-backdate to a day prior to loading it. Happened to me.

DogMom-pork shoulder, slice and onion-bottom of crock, unseasoned pork shoulder, another sliced onion, 12 oz apple juice. Cook low 12 hrs. Remove meat, onions in sep. bowl, dump liquid. Shred meat, chop onions, put back in crock with a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, cook another 4 hrs.

FYI-I did mine in the oven at 275 for 7 hrs i a dutch oven, shredded added sauce and back in for 2 hrs.
This sounds delicious! I am going to have to remember this recipe!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
tex, if rebooting means restarting, i did that. otherwise dont know whatcha mean.
Yes, restarting...hope you got it figured out by now. It sucks when your PC isn't working correctly...I KNOW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaule decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaule
said he wanted all US Military out of France as soon as possible.

Rusk responded "does that include those who are buried here?

DeGuale did not respond.

You could have heard a pin drop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies.

At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries.
Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English.

He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied, 'Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

You could have heard a pin drop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained,"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."

You could have heard a pin drop.
-------------------------------------------------

God bless the men and women currently serving overseas and the ones who did in the past, some of whom never came home.
Someone sent this to me in an e-mail---EXCELLENT.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Pics of where I lived at the Beach in Bocas

View from upstairs

View out one of upper windows where large BR/home office was

Standing on upper deck. Ah

View from dining/living area downstairs looking out window - looks like a frickin' painting!

Old 07-04-2009, 11:35 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Hey, y'all.

We got back from the beach yesterday afternoon. We may be going to our niece's house in Clayton (outside of Raleigh) in a bit, so I can't stay on much longer. No time to catch up. I hope everyone is well. Poor Kelly got a bad sunburn on her thighs on Thursday. She now has tiny blisters on her thighs.

I'll try to get online again later tonight or tomorrow.

C21,
Pretty pictures!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
C21, i am looking up flights as we speak, see ya real soon!! haha.
must be an isp issue, i see on the modem how the "on" buttons dont all stay on like they should. maybe from all the crazy weather??

Old 07-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
View from upstairs

View out one of upper windows where large BR/home office was

Standing on upper deck. Ah

View from dining/living area downstairs looking out window - looks like a frickin' painting!
WOW!!! That is one beautiful place!! I want to come! How is the pay for RN's?!?! OK headed next door to my neighbors for a cook-out prior to work.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
C21, i am looking up flights as we speak, see ya real soon!! haha.
must be an isp issue, i see on the modem how the "on" buttons dont all stay on like they should. maybe from all the crazy weather??
Hey stoy, trying unplugging both your router and modem for like 10 seconds or so - then replug in. Then, after it shows you're 'connected' where it shows on your computer the box for internet, right click and hit 'repair connection'. That clears everything out of your cache. Anyway, that's what I did B4 screwing with new browser and my speed is much better now. Sometimes they just need a jump start. I downloaded Mozzilla Firefox Brower and does seem faster but what a pain importing everything from IE and then . . . anyway I'm on IE now 'cause taking too long to get everything on new brower the way I want it.

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics!

Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM

Default A few Pictures of Chiriqui Highlands, including Boquete

Like I said, best of both worlds

Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
so i think i know what my pc problem is. when it rains a lot we lose our phone line. starts out static-y (our phone) then goes dead. think water gets into something or whatever. so guess that is affecting our connection, too.
is anyone going to see fireworks tonight? we're gonna walk across our road, go up an undeveloped subdivision/development and watch the waterpark's fireworks. we think we'll be able to see them. hopefully i'll enjoy them but i'll be afraid of bears. we walked up last night and saw turkeys, deer, and coyote poop, no evidence of bears (according to my hunter husband).
Cma, how's your spider bite??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate