Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times

Advertisements

Hey all, ANOTHER snake dead and gone! DD was in the barn cleaning the stall out and heard the rattle in the next stall over, so out the door I go with the sickle. Got in there and told her it was not a rattle snake but had no idea what it was. Took a swing at it and it struck out at me! I said OH **** and called one of the guys on my job site to come over and kill the dang thing. Well he said its a rat snake but the biggest he has seen, I told him he was lying to me to make me feel better, rat snakes do not lunge at you and they sure as hellll dont shake the tail either. Who knows? That is 5 in one week, more than I have seen since moving here.

Crazyma, Girl you and I need to talk about this sil !
Lacey, Glad the mister is home to heal!
C21, I cant remember holidays even living here, lol.
dogmom, Texas, Tambre, Lorriem, Stoy, Wisteria and Hammy and and and..........HI

Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh God Painter! My skin's crawling-you are one brave lady. I'd still be freakin running.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:29 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Sure Tex rub it in! He asked if it was okay to come home and I told him I just hoped my "boy-toy" had already left!
LOL - you're a hoot. It's your upbeat attitude that's going to help him heal even faster. Amazing what some levity can do to help someone who is ill feel better. Glad your man is home and with your strength, love and humor, he'll start feeling better. XX

Old 07-03-2009, 02:33 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all, ANOTHER snake dead and gone! DD was in the barn cleaning the stall out and heard the rattle in the next stall over, so out the door I go with the sickle. Got in there and told her it was not a rattle snake but had no idea what it was. Took a swing at it and it struck out at me! I said OH **** and called one of the guys on my job site to come over and kill the dang thing. Well he said its a rat snake but the biggest he has seen, I told him he was lying to me to make me feel better, rat snakes do not lunge at you and they sure as hellll dont shake the tail either. Who knows? That is 5 in one week, more than I have seen since moving here.
Dear God girl, you've seen more snakes than I've seen in almost 5 years living in the tropics (I haven't even seen 1). Hmmmm -maybe I scared them all so much they headed your way. Glad you've got a sickle - guess it's similiar to my machete.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Tex never heard of that farm thing, sounds interesting!

DD has run over to Seattle with DGD with friends to some childrens event, trying to give normal to DGD...sounds like the a.m. was calm...will be planning later....

i need a distraction, oh the spider bite is no change and is fading!
Farm Town is a LOT of fun--it's on Face book!!

Continuing to pray for your DD and DGD.
Glad to hear the spider bite is fading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
YIKES!! How is that splinter you had?

Yes HAMMY
, how did your glucose tolerance test go for the gestational diabetes?

NJ: How was the blueberry picking?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:58 PM

Love the visual of NJS picking blueberries in designer sandals.

Tex I swear the Neti pot worked-what a difference.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Love the visual of NJS picking blueberries in designer sandals.

Tex I swear the Neti pot worked-what a difference.
I am getting one. Where did you get yours?

I know--picking the blueberries in her pretty sandals--I hope they aren't white because blueberries stain!

Old 07-03-2009, 05:06 PM

I just went to our local "Medicine Shoppe" now another name but Target,Wal-Mart have them.

Mr L's sis and hub are coming-they were driving 3 hrs to visit and staying 1/2 hr-- I told them no way-they would stay over as I need the company and need the diversion. Changed bandages and he's still alive!!

Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Took a nap and been playing with my farm on facebook..egads what did i do on the internet before CD and Facebook...

I did get up and dressed and make up on this morning. I don't look like myself. Does that make sense? Yeah I am fatter and my neck is wrinkly, but it's something else. I feel like I am living in someone else's body.

Hammy, how did the GTT go? Lacey, glad Mr. L. is home and I can totally understand his depression..good grief mister....he has been through the mill and back..time and good soup will help. Glad you were able to get the boy toys out in time, lol

Painter, what IS with the snakes..eww...I am in the desert and not that many snakes here....is it the tropics that snakes seem to thrive in??

NJ pickin berries in a hula skirt and sandals...wait..that was lawnmowing. I want pictures.

Listening to the tv, dogpaw has been gone sine mid morning, over at the son's doing 'guy things'. It doesnt seem like a holiday to me. but then when I stopped working years ago the holidays kind of stopped too....or at least my idea of a holiday...every day is a holiday from work now. well that was a stupid statement so I think I need to sign off for a while..sheesh...I don't even sound like myself anymore...

Old 07-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Changed bandages and he's still alive!!
I KNEW you could do it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
NJ pickin berries in a hula skirt and sandals...wait..that was lawnmowing. I want pictures.
Me too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate