Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok here are a few pictures of my family room i took this morning...I know we need COLOR. I would like to paint the TV niche a different color, probably darker...the kitchen and family room are one room, and I tend to like greens, burgundies, I collect roosters and chickens, lol...

What would you do with the windows...have to leave the blinds, no problem..Panels? Valances?

WOW Your place looks GREAT! Ditto on the valances, couple of swags and creating a softer more finished look but WOW DM - WOW

Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM

Default The Teleporter Thread

So you guys should check out the 'teleporter' thread gettin' good and no I didn't do anything other than rep the person who called the lying on a couple of things - though not 'weekly' thingy. (Evil Laugh)

Old 07-27-2009, 03:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Stoy-safe and happy vacation!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM

311 posts, read 915,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Geesh, I need to get one of these 'cause I'm beat after showing 200-300 houses this week. Guess I need to take tips from these super agents and use a teleporter LOL

200-300 Houses in ONE WEEK????

SIGH...I can DREAM....someday, I am gonna grow up and be a Realtor like YOU

Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
BARB: I agree with Painter on treating both windows as one. However, I noticed the vertical blinds in the other room. They seem to be in alignment with your 2 family room windows. I wouldn't hang a rod higher than the vertical blinds or it will appear off balance. I am a big fan of valances or boxed valances like Tambre suggested...then maybe some panels on each side and down the middle to cover the wall (treating the window as one big window).

As for color, I would pick out a shade of green in those LOVELY chairs you have. and use that for my valances/panels. I would go with a darker green because too light and the room will appear washed out.

Another great TAMBRE idea--painting the walls a buttery cream color and bright white crown moulding and trim!!!

TAMBRE: Are you sure you weren't an interior designer in a previous life?!?!?

As for my dilemma....(Thanks everyone and thanks C'ma for the rep!) ....I ended up switching nights with another RN. So I am off tonight and tomorrow...go back to work the night of my showing.

I finished skim coating this AM...now it's almost dry. I am going to prime the walls tonight. Tomorrow I will paint. I still am going to do the 2 colors. I already bought the paint last week. If I wouldn't have gotten tomorrow night off, I would have made it easy and just did one color, but now I have some time. The chair rail is going to be very simple...pre stained and varnished...just need to cut and place. I don't need much of it because it is a small bathroom.

I must say, my skim coating turned out well. I just finished sanding the rough spots and it looks good!! Hey painter, are you hiring?!?!? I have found that different joint compounds are easier to work with. My first gallon...not as easy to work with as the different brand I worked with today.

I just looked at both containers...now I know why! The second batch of joint compound is "professional grade" and it was cheaper too!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Has he ever been arrested for indecent exposure? If not, he should be. Ick. .
I will SECOND that motion! LOL Can you imagine sitting at a nice street side cafe...eating your dinner and see THAT stroll by your table at eye view...BARFFFFFFFFFFBAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..

Old 07-27-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
What would you do with the windows...have to leave the blinds, no problem..Panels? Valances?

Barb, I agree with Tambre and the paint choice and I would run it all the way around, not just the tv niche. It will make your tv niche look small if you paint it dark and leave walls white.

I cant really tell, but would you possibly have room to move that Grandfathers clock to the little spit of wall between the blinds and the verticals? That would do 2 things..give you a solid, taller transition between the verticals and the blinds. Then whatever valances you do, I would run them so that they are all in line with the top of that clock. Moving the smaller wall clock into that corner next to tv would calm down the busy in the corner and allow you to slide that chair more into the corner and out of the line of vision of the window. Also might take the family photo down over the FP and take all off the mantel except that piece in the middle.

I got a "special toys" ceramic bowl on my floor too.

Joy--yes, its a bear doing the water shots on the house! I did re-do some of them when I was there the last time for a showing, just havent gotten them uploaded yet. Thanks for the memory JOG As soon as I get done here, I am going to upload them!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Barb, I agree with Tambre and the paint choice and I would run it all the way around, not just the tv niche. It will make your tv niche look small if you paint it dark and leave walls white.

I cant really tell, but would you possibly have room to move that Grandfathers clock to the little spit of wall between the blinds and the verticals? That would do 2 things..give you a solid, taller transition between the verticals and the blinds. Then whatever valances you do, I would run them so that they are all in line with the top of that clock. Moving the smaller wall clock into that corner next to tv would calm down the busy in the corner and allow you to slide that chair more into the corner and out of the line of vision of the window. Also might take the family photo down over the FP and take all off the mantel except that piece in the middle.

I got a "special toys" ceramic bowl on my floor too.

Joy--yes, its a bear doing the water shots on the house! I did re-do some of them when I was there the last time for a showing, just havent gotten them uploaded yet. Thanks for the memory JOG As soon as I get done here, I am going to upload them!
These are some great ideas and see DM you don't need no dang interior decorator! you have the gals at the camp

Jody, that house is gorgeous. Just hope the buyer gets his head out of his . Tell ya what, if he doesn't he sure as heck will regret it down the line when you sell it to someone else!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
C21, what was that thread you mentioned??

Old 07-27-2009, 05:01 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Hello ladies!!!
WOW, I haven't posted in like a week and there are like 10 pages of threads!! WOW!! You ladies move FAST!!!! Ok, well today was my first day back to work where I can actually see myself going back the entire week. I'm still coughing and I actually had to spend the ENTIRE week last week at home resting today I went back and I know I can go the rest of the week. I feel better so its cool. I think I read STOY you going on vacation?! ENJOY!

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing great.
Have an awesome Monday everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate