Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I know - I would give you a bonus uf they bought!!!

Tam I guess they could but our surgeon said he would keep him til it closes.

NJS-how's it going???

My wonderful, ambitious son-in-law outfitted one of his trucks with a plow and went out from 2AM to 3PM plowing people out and made $1,000!! He kills me.
Jud!!! Doing ok here.Thank you for asking! LOTS and lots of snow here!about a foot and a half! How is Mr. L? More prayers going out to him my friend! Staying warm! Twins love the snow. Took them out for about 10 min. yesterday after my hub and I shoveled out!

Quote:
Those are 2 SCARY movies!! Have fun!! Me? I'm still stuck here at work. I can't wait for 7 am...I am going home no matter what.
Oh, Shel, I know you are dying to see Watsaboo!!! I bet someone shoveled or plowed you out too!!!BE CAREFUL and take your time going home. Plows finally came around at 2am this am!

Barb- I love the pics you sent!

Joy- Hannibal the Cannibal- a fine movie girlfriend! Did you have a cookie o two>>LOL.. Did you like those chocolate cooks with the pepermint crunch on top>? I want to make those today LOL>> light and airy LOL>>Will start my diet tomorrow LOL...

Painter- how are you? Are you gettting rain again???

Shoutout to Jodyrose...........tambre and stoy!! Stoy-so glad you love CO!!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Hi NJ, just texted with Tex a while ago, she is heading home, said the snow had stopped, I hope someone shoveled her drive so she can just pull in..and hope she rests today...she was ok, just tired of being at work for so long...no place like home..even when you want it sold!

Headache fading a bit..but 2 hours sleep not going to cut it I guess..will probably head back to bed in a bit, that or shower and get dressed, do what I need to here, and take a nap..

Sounds like the kids had a blast in the snow, and glad you and DH feeling better..

Ok, chat later

Old 02-07-2010, 06:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Hi ladies-and that you are! Get some rest Barb and Tex safe trip home and sleep well.

NJ-guess DD got more-like 3'. Have fun.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi NJ, just texted with Tex a while ago, she is heading home, said the snow had stopped, I hope someone shoveled her drive so she can just pull in..and hope she rests today...she was ok, just tired of being at work for so long...no place like home..even when you want it sold!

Headache fading a bit..but 2 hours sleep not going to cut it I guess..will probably head back to bed in a bit, that or shower and get dressed, do what I need to here, and take a nap..

Sounds like the kids had a blast in the snow, and glad you and DH feeling better..

Ok, chat later
I am glad Barb! thanks for letting me know girlfriend!As soon as I got up, I thought I hope Shel makes it home ok!! That is what I was thinking, she had it done last snowstorm she had mentioned and didn't know who did it....so maybe that good samaritan will come round again to dig our poor nurse out of the snow!! Sorry you have a headache Barb. I hope you feel better....It's only 5 am there girl!!.. You are like our Lacey being an early riser! I know she is tired but I am uber happy she stayed there! I told her I didn't want her to end up being in the hospital herself over driving in this! and told her she would be stuck there more than a day! lol... if she didn;t stay put!
I will send pics later...of the kids frolicking. Yes, feeling much better, thank God, and thank you girl!

Quote:
NJ-guess DD got more-like 3'. Have fun.
Thanks kiddo! Supposed to get 1-3 in. freezing rain/sleet /snow combo then Thurs. 4-6 more inches? wth!! NJ usually doesn't get this much!Omg, the kids will be off for a week lol plus 20-30mph winds again coming here..ovay.
DO you have more snow heading your way Lace?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 AM

NJS-yes-I got to the hosptal about 7:30 and Mr. L had breakfast, got washed, we walked and he got back in bed-tired. So being snow is coming and big I am home now and here I stay.

My gd said yesterday that they are taking the snow days and making them up spring break and that sux as the kids were coming here for spring break!!!!

Come on Tex-waiting to see you post.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 AM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Default Its Sunday and I got a Nag notice to check in :)

Hi Girls,

Dang, I hate feeling lower than a snakes belly all the time and then coming in here to whine about it. I DO have so much to be grateful for.
A. I wasnt born in a 3rd world country
B. I am relatively healthy
C. I do still (for now) have a roof over my head
D. I do have a loving, if somewhat distant family
E. I do have some terrific friends, including my camper buddies!

The bad thing is...as you know, no closings since October...BUT January was very busy, out every weekend looking with either my nephew or the other 2 couples I was showing houses to. Then the one couple dropped out..no explanation why, just that they are going to stop looking for now. 2nd couple still want the $84,000 house, but still havent gotten their pre-approval yet. Then got a new couple, with pre-approval to buy in their hands...whom I worked with all last weekend, even though I was sicker than a dog with a head cold from hell. They lost out on a short sale and seem to have blamed me, because the last communication was basically "dont call us, we will call you when we are ready to go out again"

The one bright spot was my nephew who has a job, a car and seemed to have all going his way....we were to close this coming Friday the 12th. The commission check would have made my house payment and the rest going to pay my bill at the company..around $600 right now . But I have a new roomie moving in tomorrow and thought at I could breath easier, at least for now. Then yesterday, I found out my nephew crashed his car Friday night into another car..(no one hurt, thank goodness)..totalling his car. ANDDDDDDDDD he got arrested for DUI..his 2ND!!! His dad has washed his hands of him and naturally hes going to be in some serious trouble, as he was still on probation for the first...so bye bye job, bye bye house deal and so sorry Auntie Jody, but all your hard work, time, gas goes out the window and you dont get paid either...I gotta find a REAL JOB!!!

Painter, I about fell on the floor LOL when I read about your boys defending the homestead against the neighbor man! What a nice peace of mind for you! I love my little balls of fluff, but they wouldnt be worth much in my defense! hahaha

I hope all the gals on the receiving end of the blizzard are ok! We just missed it, only got a dusting of it and with the last 2 sunny days, even though its cold, the roads are finally clear.

I hope none of you get this crappy cold I have had either. I dont normally get them or keep them long, but this one just wont go away!

Well, off to the store, I am going to be photographing more quilts today and sewing, but have to make some Buffalo wings to eat tonight while watching the Super Bowl.

Have a great Sunday!
Jody

Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Jody hope things pick up and get better-wow go kick your nephew!!

The pits of RE is in times like these.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 AM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Jody hope things pick up and get better-wow go kick your nephew!!

The pits of RE is in times like these.

Thanks Lacey! Yep...the 'PIT' is an apt description of my time in RE the last 3 years! LOL The little brat still hasn't called to tell me anything. The only reason I know what happened is is dad called last night when I was at my folks for dinner. I will have to call him at the first of the week to sign a contract addendum, so we will see how it goes. I am just glad he didnt hurt himself or anyone else and I pray this is the WAKEUP CALL he needs!!

Jody

Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Well hey Danielle! Was so good to see your post! Dang you're getting a ton of snow - really had no idea it snowed that much in that part of CO. Sorry it took one week to get your furniture, but happy it's there now and you're loving your new house and feel so relaxed and at home there. We've missed you and fingers crossed you'll get your satellie TV soon! XXOO

Barb, glad you slept in yesterday but sorry today you've got headache and didn't sleep well last night. That's great news about cabinets and your doors look fab! It is so pretty in the desert when all the cactus bloom - pseudo's parents live in AZ and I just loved going there when they were blooming.

Lacey, that's funny about your GK saying mom won't let them go out in snow and like putting ice cream in front of them but saying 'nope, can't eat it' Sounds normal for Mr. L. to have discomfort walking after that surgery and am glad they're keeping him until things heal/close. That's not something you should do (though Barb's idea of a home nurse to come and do it???? Might be a thought). I'm sure you will be having 'the talk' with surgeon. You all just need to know the real skinny and no ups/downs - just what do we need to do so 'when' he comes home everything A-OK. Keeping him in my prayers and hope everything heals/closes in time for him to come home for anniversary/Bday. If not, well, have a big ole celebration at the hospital - heck as much as the nurses/docs love him they'll probably even supply balloons and booze! Everyone loves Mr. L. And your SIL is just awesome. Always the other side of the coin so 2 for his quick thinking!

Hey Amy, glad things are all good in MO and that's great you guys got out for BBQ. Yummy (LOL 'the Whole Hog Cafe). Being in the country can get crazy especially in winter, but you'll settle in and bet you're making a ton of friends already. Then there's get togethers, etc. Cloudy here today and a few sprinkles. Actually with all the warm weather and sunshine kind-of glad, 'cause my flowers need a good rain, so do hope it actually rains or I'll still have to go water.

Annie, I'm happy the sun came out for you today, but having to dig out Bet the kids are diggin' the snow, but am glad you only let them out for 10 minutes or so especially since everyone getting over the black plague in your house. Ugh. That was a bad one this time. :: typing quietly, i love all of the 'C's' and had some with coffee :: we can't use the C word around Shelly 'cause she ate all of hers

Shelly, glad snow stopped so you could get home and keeping fingers crossed that maybe your male neighbor did some shoveling for you so you could pull right in. Hopefully you're sleeping tight now all snuggled up with the boy. Have you finished your 3 day shift, so you get days off now?

Jody, God that just sucks and I can really relate to the market. We've had several people that were rearing to go, then it's like well . . . . plus so many who need to sell in the states first. I am so glad your nephew is okay but dang the timing was horrible and I certainly do hope this is a wake up call for him. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope contract addendum approved. It has been brutal there over the last few years and even here, cause of there, sales in the Republic were down 50% last year. Sure as heck wasn't easy still having to write all those checks for overhead. XXOO

Carol, so whatcha up to today? Recovering from painting the nursery or out doing chores? Know it's hard for you to stay still so I'm sure you're puttering on something. Still laughing about your neighbor learning to listen to you 'the hard way' LOL

Kristine, you getting any sleep yet? How's Natalie doing? Didn't have one nightmare last night even after watching cannibals lol though should have gone to bed earlier but once I got into hannibal even though had seen it, had to finish it so was 1AM before I crawled to bed.

OK girls, need to check emails and try and get a little work done - or not lol it is 1:45 so think a cerveza is in order. Will pop back later - I'm like a bad penny, always show up lol

Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Thanx Joy-ues if he's in there Weds I'll get a cake,etc for the nurses.

Neighbor kids will be getting my garbage out tomorrow-scary driveway--it's 60 ft long and slopes plus thick layers of ice covered with snow.

Hope Tex got home and is sleeping-constantly thinking of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate