Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

"Do we hurt ourselves in relationships"

When I was going out with my last girlfriend, I kept falling on my face to the extent that I broke my nose.

So yeah, we do hurt ourselves, inside and out of relationships. We are just too clumsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM

48 posts, read 175,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Also, I have found that limited life experience , regardless of education or social status (money)
can raise an uncomfortable, " know it all attitude".
Exactly...people who have never been anywhere except the 4 corners of their state, do nothing but hangout at bars, work the same 9-5 or hospitality job day in, day out...are usually the ones who I bump heads with.

I have an issue running into people who are sub-par of what I prefer. They either dont have a car, job, own place, etc...Which, it doesn't make the person bad. It doesn't make them any less of a person. But unfortunently, those who are putting themselves in the 'dating field' tend to be the main ones who leech off of others, or the relationship is 1-sided. There's no give and take.

My main annoyance is anyone who doesn't have the above, yet expects me to share mine with them when they aint even giving up any ass. Thats a problem. Because I dont let anyone float on top of me if they not giving it up...

Old 07-28-2010, 07:05 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I think you are wrong. The problem is knowing where to look for those guys. Hint you will not find them at places you work or bars. Guys that reach 35+ and that are still single tend to be wary of women. They either are not good in that social aspect of life or no longer are seeking them out as heavily.
You can't generalize everyone as you will always find many exceptions. Everyone I know who is 'still' single and 35, including myself, are not wary of women. We may be wary of the games that some women play, causing us to cast a more cautious eye over possible dates, but it is not like (most of us) are jaded. If anything, we are more in tune with finding a good woman to (potentially) spend the rest of our lives with.

As guys age, we also realize that having a solid, platonic, relationship with a female is a key to a rewarding life and that sleeping with a friend is one of the quickest ways to turn that friendship sour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
So, in answer to this question, I think that people are generally atracted to people with strengths that they don't have. Not all of 'em, but most of 'em. That's because the contrasted people usually make the best couples.

Jessie
Yeah, I agree. I would go nuts if I dated someone just like me, and I have. At first it was awesome, but we quickly got on each other's nerves.

Some of the best relationships that I have had were with women who were the opposite of me. Ironically, most of those ended because the other claimed that our personalities were too different. One in particular actually wants to date someone who is just like her. I feel sorry for her.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFischer View Post
Exactly...people who have never been anywhere except the 4 corners of their state, do nothing but hangout at bars, work the same 9-5 or hospitality job day in, day out...are usually the ones who I bump heads with.

I have an issue running into people who are sub-par of what I prefer. They either dont have a car, job, own place, etc...Which, it doesn't make the person bad. It doesn't make them any less of a person. But unfortunently, those who are putting themselves in the 'dating field' tend to be the main ones who leech off of others, or the relationship is 1-sided. There's no give and take.

My main annoyance is anyone who doesn't have the above, yet expects me to share mine with them when they aint even giving up any ass. Thats a problem. Because I dont let anyone float on top of me if they not giving it up...
Cosign completely.
I could have written this, except that I am a woman

Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
In my opinion the greatest outstanding riddle concerns the glaring mismatch between the thought enlightening strategy of a true sponge and their expectation on others ability in perception & mode for action.

Charm, promise of quality in unity, all the attributes of common sense. Yet this common sense
is never assumed on the suspecting target.

I like to mention this to a sponge..... You know something, there once was a person who
sponged off me to know return and finally I said...You must think I'm worried about getting used .
Well do you know in following conclusion
Mr Present sponge, what I said to past Sponge ?

" If no one can use you, what good are you"

The realization of putting into perspective, however gracious holds power in the actual knowledge of exactly whats going on. It works good and common sense finally finds its way to your doorstep relative to the thoughts of the un-grateful bum. (I'm not referring to a little kindness
but a boned sponge.) ( ha ha , I like that)

In a nano second we can get a little idea of the complexity or quality of potential time spent with others we meet. Its a real treat when we get to exercise a little good thought.

It will come. Be close to the real self and enjoy looking forward to hopeful encounters !

Last edited by stargazzer; 07-29-2010 at 02:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships