Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 05:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I say, yes. You are overreacting, just because she ask you "where are we going?"
Thats when you come back and say,"Wherever you wanna go!"
Hahahah, nice line Yankeegirl - I should use it sometime.

And no, I don't do McD's. I'm too health conscious to ever do McD's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 05:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
And there are NO gold-diggers out there, right?
That's hardly a way to determine anything anyway. Somebody may be up to his ears in debt and take a woman to a fancy place to impress her. Another may be wealthy and stingy and/or suspicious and take her to some hole in the wall. She can always drop you after she doesn't like the place you take her to or finds out what your profession and living situation are. What you are talking about would be some really, really dumb gold-digger.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
I agree with the other posters..She probably wanted to know what to wear...We girls agonize over this stuff and it's stressful..We want to look good for our dates....Give her a few more dates before you kick her to the curb!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Of course, you are over analyzing the question. What if you are going for a picnic on the beach or to dinner and a show? Would you dress the same for both? No, of course not, she just needs to know what to expect, so that she can dress accordingly. She might even be just trying to make conversation. Just relax, and have fun.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I agree with the other posters..She probably wanted to know what to wear...We girls agonize over this stuff and it's stressful..We want to look good for our dates....Give her a few more dates before you kick her to the curb!
.........and to mention the cuisine, possible food allerigies, or in the extreme case; phobias (eg; you might want to take her rock climbing & she's afraid of heights).

Old 07-18-2010, 06:27 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
A girl's gotta know what shoes to wear!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:30 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
So what's the big deal about her asking what your plans are for the date? Were you trying to surprise her? Or are you worried that she isn't going to like where you are taking her?

I think that it's very natural for her to ask what the plans are. And if I were the one asking a guy out on a date, I would also expect him to query me about what I had in mind for fun. People just like to be prepared, and to dress accordingly.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:37 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
(our 2nd... the first went quite well, but it was just coffee...)

So I call her to tell her I'm gonna pick her up at given time... she asks, "where are we going?"

Now, I'm known by some here to be overanalytical, but is this a bad sign? Because I'm not going, of course, to take her to McDonald's or the town pizzeria or to take-out Chinese.

Nonetheless, is this in any way a dangerous sign? Or am I just overreacting?
Nah, she is just being curious as to what the plans are. Not a bad sign at all.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:46 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
A girl's gotta know what shoes to wear!
This is exactly what I was going to say.

Where I live, there are so many options as to where a date might lead, I would need to know what kind of shoes to wear (outdoor vs indoor, walking vs stationary).

Old 07-18-2010, 07:50 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
And there are NO gold-diggers out there, right?
If you are so worried about gold diggers being out to get you, why choose a handle like "Sprawling Homeowner" over a handle a little less boastful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships