Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef2010 View Post
She doesn't have to be drunk or buzzed but it has happened more times than not. I kept my distance from her a few weeks ago to see how she would react and she just ended up wanting to be around me more.

What are your thoughts on having everything on her terms. It wasn't like that when we 1st started dating.
Again, the mixed signals are indicative of her immaturity emotionally. You really need to throw this one back, there are other woman out there in the sea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts on having everything on her terms. It wasn't like that when we 1st started dating.
Go with what Huckleberry said. Back off of her for a while and see what happens. If she likes you, she'll let it be known and come after you. And, no, calling you only when she's drunk or bored doesn't count. If she doesn't go out of her way to see you, then you have your answer.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, the mixed signals are indicative of her immaturity emotionally. You really need to throw this one back, there are other woman out there in the sea.
Dr. Loves has imparted her wisdom. Take heed.

Seriously, though. She's still larval. (The lady in question, not Dr. Loves.) You're coming into the prime of your life. Go forth, and stress over this one no more. Roughly a million other women would love to have a man as conscientious and thoughtful as you.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 PM

525 posts, read 948,324 times
Quote:
I could use some feedback and advice on my current dating situation.

I've been dating this girl in her early 20's (I'm in my early 30's) for 3 months now. First 2 months were great!! We saw each other once to twice a week just hanging out and getting to know each other. She kept in contact with me everyday texting me hello and how much fun she's having with me which I really enjoyed because it let me know she was into me. I took her on a few dates (she told me no one asked her on a date before, which really shocked me) and things starting moving pretty fast by the 2nd date. She asked that we slow down because she had just ended a 2 1/2 year relationship with her ex a few months before I meet her. She let me know that she really liked me and just wanted to date but stay exclusive. She said she didn't want to get into a serious relationship so soon. By the end of the 2nd month of us dating she moved out of her friends house which her and the ex were living in and into her own apartment. She really wanted to meet my family since I'm close to them which she did. Once she moved I noticed a difference and that may be because she said school would be starting and she would have to be distant to really study. I gave her space and we saw each other once a week but talked on the phone once a day. I would ask to see her from time to time and I always got she was busy with school, but I then would find out by her telling me that she would go hang out with her friends when she told me she needed to study and couldn't see me. I started to feel not as important as how she made me feel when we 1st started hanging out. The everyday texting with nice sweet things began to fade and everything was now on her terms. She could only see me when she had the time. She would ask me to stay the night really late after she got home from drinking with her friends and I always went cause I missed her and we haven't seen each other all week. At this point all the intimacy has to be on her terms except hugs. If I try to kiss her or hold her in bed she doesn't want to be touched. It all has to come from her when she's ready. She doesn't like public affection and I can't stand behind her when her eyes are closed or can't see cause she freaks out. She's told me she needs lots of space, time and trust but she really likes me.

I've sat down with her a few times and explained my feelings, but she feels I'm being too sensitive, I need to relax, go with the flow, understand that were just dating and give her some space. I really do like her, want to respect her wishes and be patient but I can't wait forever.

What are your thoughts?

Sorry.... Aaaaaahhh ha ha ha ha ha HAAAA! LMAO!!!!

ok now that I got that out.. ick.. she's the worst. personally I can't stand girls that age. She is a child trying to string along an adult. I know it's hard because she's probably cute. But look at it this way, if she took an interest in you, then you proabably look great and can easily do a whole lot better than her. Run off , have fun.. save your self respect.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Dr. Loves has imparted her wisdom. Take heed.

Seriously, though. She's still larval. (The lady in question, not Dr. Loves.) You're coming into the prime of your life. Go forth, and stress over this one no more. Roughly a million other women would love to have a man as conscientious and thoughtful as you.
Nothing else to see here folks - diagnosis and prescription have been rendered

Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
ditto...

Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 PM

6 posts, read 24,099 times
Soo if I sit her down and say this isn't working between us cause were just on different paths and she says no please don't leave I'll change. What then?

Really sucks cause she is a lot of fun and quite special. I always try no to focus on the bad and see the worthwhile in them, but perhaps she still needs time to figure things out without me being in the picture.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Soo if I sit her down and say this isn't working between us cause were just on different paths and she says no please don't leave I'll change. What then?

Really sucks cause she is a lot of fun and quite special. I always try no to focus on the bad and see the worthwhile in them, but perhaps she still needs time to figure things out without me being in the picture.
Mef, if you haven't learned this lesson already, take heed...in life, timing is everything.

She may be just be the right one at the wrong time. Let her go and find someone closer to your emotional age

Even if she says she'll "change", there is no rushing a baking cake.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Mef, if you haven't learned this lesson already, take heed...in life, timing is everything.

She may be just be the right one at the wrong time. Let her go and find someone closer to your emotional age

Even if she says she'll "change", there is no rushing a baking cake.
I wish I had one of those beating the dead horse icons..

Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
I wish I had one of those beating the dead horse icons..
She must be really something for him to be so twisted up in knots and not able to see the reality of the situation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships