Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times

Advertisements

I am guy and I like intimacy as much as the next guy but I find it that my wife wants it 24/7. She is very attractive and gets hit on all the time. For me, though intimacy is part of a relationship but I wouldn't say it was the biggest part. I am not complaining because she is very good at it . I just don't want it every day and I feel weird about it because everyone I talk to and read about is that the guy is usually the one "wanting" it all the time whereas the girls don't. Am I the only guy that feels this way? Is there something wrong with me? My ex-girlfriends were the same way too, very attractive and always wanted me to be more intimate with them every day (sometimes several times a day).. is there something seriously wrong with me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 11:17 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times
no there is nothing wrong with you! everyone has a different sex drive. i find it interesting that even your other ex-girlfriends "wanted you" all the time. i dont think it possible that you are attracting only nymphos into your life. maybe you are a wonderful lover (?) and that is why you are in this situation. maybe if you try to be more boring in the bedroom it will help?
my point is that you should take it as a compliment instead of worrying that something is wrong with you.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 AM

I don't think I attract nymphos and I think performance-wise I am just average... my wife has been complaining about it, she feels "unwanted" because I don't want to and I feel like I am under pressure to be intimate... she even suggested I look at pills and we are BOTH young... there is nothing wrong with machinery, its just a matter of "wanting" to.. I simply don't want to all the time, maybe once in a while but not all the time... I get frightened when she wants to go again after we both finished...

Old 01-06-2008, 11:40 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't think I attract nymphos and I think performance-wise I am just average... my wife has been complaining about it, she feels "unwanted" because I don't want to and I feel like I am under pressure to be intimate... she even suggested I look at pills and we are BOTH young... there is nothing wrong with machinery, its just a matter of "wanting" to.. I simply don't want to all the time, maybe once in a while but not all the time... I get frightened when she wants to go again after we both finished...
She may think she wants sex but maybe what she wants most of the time is 'cuddle time'.
Go to her and hold her, tell you that you love her.
It took me years to know that's what I wanted a lot of the time and I had to 'do the deed' in order to get what I wanted most.
Depending on her age also, she may be the nympho now so my advice may or may not work at this time.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:45 AM

LOL... I try to get her to cuddle only but she wants more... she is in her mid-20's...

Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Quote:
LOL... I try to get her to cuddle only but she wants more... she is in her mid-20's...
Oh wow, you've still got a ways to go. Wait till she's in her 30's. Hell on wheels. Starts to slow down in late 40's.
I'm 48 and want it but not as much as I used to.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:11 PM

788 posts, read 4,067,619 times
Is she on the pill? Most birth control pills affect the woman's sex drive. For me, it diminshed it, for my best friend, it made her's sky rocket.

Also, I agree with the other poster that suggested that she is really seeking something else other than sex, but perhaps she doesn't know what that is or doesn't know how else to get it. How is your relationship? Are you two mostly happy, are you fighting a lot, do you spend a lot of quality time together? How is her self esteem? Just because she is very attractive doesn't mean that she is really secure with who she is. Sex might make her feel better about herself.

Nothing is wrong with you. I think you just need to sit her down and explain how you feel and figure out together if more sex is really what she needs from you, or if there is something else that she needs, but isn't getting (compliments from you, etc.). Or, does she feel like you check out other women, don't pay enough attention to her... Just explain that you love her, are very attracted to her, but your sex drive is just lower--that's just who you are and has nothing to do with her. If it really is just about sex and nothing else, get her some toys. They are lots of fun...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,672,147 times
Default Here is the money maker

Quote:
I am guy and I like intimacy as much as the next guy but I find it that my wife wants it 24/7. She is very attractive and gets hit on all the time. For me, though intimacy is part of a relationship but I wouldn't say it was the biggest part. I am not complaining because she is very good at it . I just don't want it every day and I feel weird about it because everyone I talk to and read about is that the guy is usually the one "wanting" it all the time whereas the girls don't. Am I the only guy that feels this way? Is there something wrong with me? My ex-girlfriends were the same way too, very attractive and always wanted me to be more intimate with them every day (sometimes several times a day).. is there something seriously wrong with me??
Now if you could just bottle your essence and sell it.......

Old 01-06-2008, 12:46 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times
not necessarily so! some people want sex more as they age. just as everyone has their own unique sex drive, everyone is on their own timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Oh wow, you've still got a ways to go. Wait till she's in her 30's. Hell on wheels. Starts to slow down in late 40's.
I'm 48 and want it but not as much as I used to.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:13 PM

50 posts, read 187,317 times
Why don't you just tell her that your the normal one and to live with it or get a divorce.
This advice seems to be popular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships