Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,343,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Yeah so is "monogamous male", so what point are you trying to make .

No monogamous male is not an oxymoron. There are men who don't cheat on their wives. Shocking I know Monogamous male would be an oxymoron in an open marriage though. would it not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,870,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
The subject here is not POLYGAMY it is open marriage and there is no way a law against open marriage could be enforced. As if anyone is going to go to jail for adultery
So now I'm not allowed to have any opinions because it might affect how I vote oh boy..........

Of course you can have opinions,but should your opinion determine how other people live their lives in your voting process? Throughout history allowing people to determine the rights of others has had chilling consequences.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Quote:
Of course you can have opinions,but should your opinion determine how other people live their lives in your voting process? Throughout history allowing people to determine the rights of others has had chilling consequences.
Of course the voting process determine how other people lives their lives. People vote their opinions--don't you??

Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
No monogamous male is not an oxymoron. There are men who don't cheat on their wives. Shocking I know Monogamous male would be an oxymoron in an open marriage though. would it not?

As bill mahr once said "the only thing keeping a man loyal is his options" While of course some men don't cheat....most do at some point in their lives.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Of course the voting process determine how other people lives their lives. People vote their opinions--don't you??

The voting process should determine what bests helps a society move forward.....it shouldn't determine how people live their lives in their own homes however.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:

This post is not about voting. Obviously someone's opinion is going to influence their vote. I'll say it again. There is not going to be any candidate whose platform includes being against open marriage. Trust me on that one. Even if a law were to pass against open marriage it could never be enforced. What would the punishment be? Would the woman be stoned by the village people and be forced to wear a scarlet letter?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
As bill mahr once said "the only thing keeping a man loyal is his options" While of course some men don't cheat....most do at some point in their lives.

Ok and I'm supposed to care what Bill Mahr thinks?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
This post is not about voting. Obviously someone's opinion is going to influence their vote. I'll say it again. There is not going to be any candidate whose platform includes being against open marriage. Trust me on that one. Even if a law were to pass against open marriage it could never be enforced. What would the punishment be? Would the woman be stoned by the village people and be forced to wear a scarlet letter?

Draconian laws can always be enforced if you want them to be.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Ok and I'm supposed to care what Bill Mahr thinks?

No, but it speaks a basic truth....most men do....it's basically biology is all.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Draconian laws can always be enforced if you want them to be.

No a law against open marriage CANNOT be enforced. If you think it can please elaborate and tell me exactly how YOU would enforce that law and what the consequences would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships