Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Haven't seen one women yet say "Straight". I would think that would rank high among most women.

Maybe that's a given.
Yeah, but there are some pretty sexy gay men out there.

Yes, it would be a given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 09:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Hey, no fair! She asked for 4!
I hear she's very picky.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
"The secret to my success is confidence", famous quote by General Armstrong Custer just prior to the battle at Little Bighorn. "The secret to our success was confidence", famous quote from Sitting Bull after the battle at Little Bighorn.

Why the constant reference to confidence? Why not happy go lucky, suave, a guy of strong moral character? Perhaps simply a guy that will ask me out and do so boldly without tossing his cookies. A guy that knows what he wants and that is me?

Really... you ladies need to expand your definitions. They are beginning to be trite and well worn.

ETA: Though I notice the last two posts were a bit more imaginative. Must be smarter females.
Hey, now, I'm smart.

Because she asked for 4 things, and all those things are part of the whole "confidence" package. Just playing by the rules.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Hey, now, I'm smart.

Because she asked for 4 things, and all those things are part of the whole "confidence" package. Just playing by the rules.
Confidence doesn't work for me like it used to because when I faked it, I attracted men like crazy. They bought it. It worked for a while because that gave me confidence--to an extent--but true confidence can't be faked.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree, a hard worker is very sexy and desirable.
"Girl I work so hard for you from 9 to 5, yes you know it's true"

LOL

Old 11-20-2010, 11:18 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
GREAT thread! Let's remember to give the OP rep points!

Sexy:
Tall & Massive
Hairy...even back and shoulder blades...YUM!
Thick, muscular neck...no such thing as 'too thick'
Phenomenally large...you know...no such thing as 'too big'
Facial Hair: esp. beards right up to the cheekbones
Deep Voice
Stoic Expression, but packin' serious Wood
Muscles....no such thing as 'too big'
Big Eyebrows...especially 'Monobrows'
High level of fitness
F-150, Diesel Dually, International MXT, Maybach 62
Gentleness
Kindness
High degree of focus
Calmness
'Compression Shorts'/Bike Shorts Tanline, dipping down in back (Yowza!)
High & Tight, Buzzed Sides with Bangs, Shoulder-Length, Crewcut, Bangs...any length
Fat-but-fit men
Shaved Heads (if the neck is really thick and muscular)
Lucchese Ropers in Oiled Leather
Silk Boxers, under a Silk & Cashmere suit
Italian Suits
Carhardt pants

Unattractive:
Smoking
Drinking
Leering
Smirking like George Bush
Aggressive/Loud/Hyper Behavior
Metabolic Syndrome (I think bodyfat on men is beautiful, as long as there's muscle beneath)
Hair Grease
Elvis/Fonz/DeNiro/Al Gore/John Kerry greazy Frankenstein/Dracula hair
'Arched' Eyebrows...even the natural ones, but particularly the 'engineered' ones.
Manicured Nails
Jewelry (watch excepted)
Gaudy big Sport Watches (especially Rolex, and fake Rolex even more-so)
Sleazy little Sports Cars (a red Corvette or Ferrari would be my worst car nightmare)
Pouty Lips
Bedroom Eyes
Overall Tans, Thong Tanlines
Sideburns (unless they're huge and thick 'Wolverine' ones)
Any shaved bodypart: particularly "there"
Fancy Cowboy Boots

Heck Yeah!:
Toby Keith
Brock Lesnar
Branch Warren
Brett Favre
Scott Caan (with Mohawk...not with the greazy up-do)
Manu Bennett (but only with beard)

No Way In Heck!:
Leonardo DiCaprio
Colt McCoy
Brad Pitt
Tim McGraw

Wow! Most of what I like, I've got at home...generally rarin' to go... DH is leaner than I would choose, but all-muscle, and hairy as a Werewolf. He starves himself on a nutrient-dense/calorie restricted diet, because he likes to ripple...and considering his energy level, I'm hardly complaining. I've never been with anyone but him, and so the bodyfat I think is so pretty on Toby Keith types might be less thrilling than I'm imagining. I'm neutral about what DH drives: but at least the Panamera isn't Red. And a Maybach would be a stretch for us, so I'll tolerate that sporty thing for a while. Recently, we rented a big 'Dually', and went to Montana. That truck got a workout. I'm sure every set of binoculars in that valley was trained on us.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 11-20-2010 at 11:27 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Confidence doesn't work for me like it used to because when I faked it, I attracted men like crazy. They bought it. It worked for a while because that gave me confidence--to an extent--but true confidence can't be faked.
Good point. I've fallen for it, myself, just to realize that the "confident" guy I was attracted to was actually unbelievably neurotic and kind of a wuss, really.

Didn't think to look at it, that way.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
GREAT thread! Let's remember to give the OP rep points!

Sexy:
Tall & Massive
Hairy...even back and shoulder blades...YUM!
Thick, muscular neck...no such thing as 'too thick'
Phenomenally large...you know...no such thing as 'too big'
Facial Hair: esp. beards right up to the cheekbones
Deep Voice
Stoic Expression, but packin' serious Wood
Muscles....no such thing as 'too big'
Big Eyebrows...especially 'Monobrows'
High level of fitness
F-150, Diesel Dually, International MXT, Maybach 62
Gentleness
Kindness
High degree of focus
Calmness
'Compression Shorts'/Bike Shorts Tanline, dipping down in back (Yowza!)
High & Tight, Buzzed Sides with Bangs, Shoulder-Length, Crewcut, Bangs...any length
Fat-but-fit men
Shaved Heads (if the neck is really thick and muscular)
Lucchese Ropers in Oiled Leather
Silk Boxers, under a Silk & Cashmere suit
Italian Suits
Carhardt pants

Unattractive:
Smoking
Drinking
Leering
Smirking like George Bush
Aggressive/Loud/Hyper Behavior
Metabolic Syndrome (I think bodyfat on men is beautiful, as long as there's muscle beneath)
Hair Grease
Elvis/Fonz/DeNiro/Al Gore/John Kerry greazy Frankenstein/Dracula hair
'Arched' Eyebrows...even the natural ones, but particularly the 'engineered' ones.
Manicured Nails
Jewelry (watch excepted)
Gaudy big Sport Watches (especially Rolex, and fake Rolex even more-so)
Sleazy little Sports Cars (a red Corvette or Ferrari would be my worst car nightmare)
Pouty Lips
Bedroom Eyes
Overall Tans, Thong Tanlines
Sideburns (unless they're huge and thick 'Wolverine' ones)
Any shaved bodypart: particularly "there"
Fancy Cowboy Boots

Heck Yeah!:
Toby Keith
Brock Lesnar
Branch Warren
Brett Favre
Scott Caan
Manu Bennett (but only with beard)

No Way In Heck!:
Leonardo DiCaprio
Colt McCoy
Brad Pitt
Tim McGraw

Wow! Most of what I like, I've got at home...generally rarin' to go... DH is leaner than I would choose, but all-muscle, and hairy as a Werewolf. He starves himself on a nutrient-dense/calorie restricted diet, because he likes to ripple...and considering his energy level, I'm hardly complaining. I've never been with anyone but him, and so the bodyfat I think is so pretty on Toby Keith types might be less thrilling than I'm imagining. I'm neutral about what DH drives: but at least the Panamera isn't Red. And a Maybach would be a stretch for us, so I'll tolerate that sporty thing for a while. Recently, we rented a big 'Dually', and went to Montana. That truck got a workout. I'm sure every set of binoculars in that valley was trained on us.
Haha! Wow, you really thought this through!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
Why are we not allowed to say confidence again? Why do you think we are not as smart as those who did not list confidence? Because you hear it too often and don't know the meaning (or what our definition of confidence is)?

Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
Why are we not allowed to say confidence again? Why do you think we are not as smart as those who did not list confidence? Because you hear it too often and don't know the meaning (or what our definition of confidence is)?
Generic term in usage. Used without thought what you mean by it. It is like saying somone must be desirable. True, but lacking any parameters. For instance a guy can have easy confidence to approach you. That helps you since it does not require you to approach them. However that confident in approaching guy is scared to death of elevators. Maybe the guy is confident about jumping off tall buildings and insists you join him. What does confidence mean?

Too many ladies toss the term about without explaining what it means to them. I think for those ladies it simply is a guy that takes charge. Not necessarily good if you dislike control freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships