Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 07:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times

Advertisements

Never ever ever rush to get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 07:39 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,738 times
Well, I definitely like sex and am a more pleasant person when I am having it. Sure, if there is no warm body around, I will settle for masturbation, but then I'd have to do it again too. Nothing compares to a warm live body. And if you can add some feelings into the equation???? it's a winner.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:18 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,392,572 times
As a female, I have always believed women have the higher sex drive than men and generally enjoy sex more. Most of the women I've known have agreed. I will exclude teenagers or couples in their early 20's, when testosterone peaks for a man. After 40, I am convinced that women have BY FAR the higher sex drive than most men. I realize this is a generalization and there are exceptions to every rule.

Whenever men say, "all women hate sex," I believe they have been stuck married to a woman with no libido or have limited experience with ladies.

As for the original question, I've found people raised with a lot of ridiculous religious notions are often inhibited sexually, especially women. And millions of men suffer from low testosterone and this renders erections next to impossible. So there are plenty of legitimate physical reasons why men wouldn't even think about sex.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
intimacy is a complex multi layered experience for many people and if there are hang ups on one level it may inhibit others including the enjoyment of sex.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 AM

896 posts, read 1,400,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
Well, I definitely like sex and am a more pleasant person when I am having it. Sure, if there is no warm body around, I will settle for masturbation, but then I'd have to do it again too. Nothing compares to a warm live body. And if you can add some feelings into the equation???? it's a winner.
A warm live body almost makes me want to throw up. I prefer to use a man for foreplay, feed off the energy and excitement and finish off myself

Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
A warm live body almost makes me want to throw up. I prefer to use a man for foreplay, feed off the energy and excitement and finish off myself

I'm lucky,.... all my foreplay is in my head. Don't need a man for that.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,909 times
It feels good to YOU...unfortunately you don't represent everyone. People who have had negative experiences involving sex (molested as a child, raped) probably feel differently than you do.

There may be something else going on also...for example, a friend of mine is celibate and plans to remain that way for the rest of her life....but she's also very sick and probably feels no man would be attracted to her that way because of her health issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
As a male, I guess I direct this more toward women. But realize that there are some men not interested.

Maybe it is as simple as their partners. But once in a while I'll read that someone doesn't care if they only have sex a few times per year. I don't understand this. It feels good, especially physically, but emotionally also.

What is it about it that some people don't like?

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
Oh I can understand it... A bad lover would turn any woman off... and a good one well... just the opposite I am sure!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
I'm lucky,.... all my foreplay is in my head. Don't need a man for that.
lol, I dont either but that situation would be ideal for me

Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post
It just gets really boring after awhile. It was good in the beginning but then the novelty wears off really fast. At least for me.
Anything can become a mechanical routine. Get a creative partner. Discuss all sorts of fantasies. Decide which can be possible. And, sometimes, a good remedy is to change partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships