Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times

Advertisements

I will add that I believe city-data needs to weigh his priorities carefully. Sure, no one wants to be caught unawares by a surprise, unplanned pregnancy. So you take control by wearing a condom and using a back up method of BC. This works for the vast majority of people. But at some point, you have to be willing to buck up and take responsibility for unintended consequences like a surprise pregnancy. I think if someone wants a sexual relationship they should plan that pregnancy/baby may happen. JMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 05:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Hysterectomy. A doctor can confirm she has no uterus. Problem solved.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Aim for her chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
the likelihood of unwanted pregnancy goes waaaaay down to almost nil.
lol

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
One of my faves from The Office (Healthcare Episode):

Dwight Schrute: Number one: Inverted Penis.
Meredith: Could you mean vagina? Cause if you do, I want that covered.
Dwight Schrute: I thought your vagina was removed during your hysterectomy.
Meredith: A uterus is different from a vagina. I still have a vagina.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is this: if you have a friend with benefits, you don't care about them as dating material...you just view them as a friend to go to when you want sex. There is nothing wrong with being friends with your girlfriend. But if she's your girlfriend, that means you care about her as more than a friend.
You still seem to be stereotyping. Are you still implying that even nice guys don't care about their friends? "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." What is the difference between a girl friend with that attitude and a girlfriend or a wife with that attitude?

What is the difference between going out and having a good time with a friend versus dating? If you mean I don't have to play as many games with a girl friend versus a potential girlfriend, then you may have a point. However, why would a guy not want to go over to a girlfriends' place whenever he wants sex?

If she is a girlfriend usually means more obligation and more expectations. A girl friend should still expect some friendship even if she wants to go out with her other boy friends; there is also less jealousy involved as I would not want to "cramp" a girl friend's style; but be willing to help out and try to understand her past, believe in her future, and accept her the way she is.

If it is only about a long term, legally binding social contract, do they really want to be a friend?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm glad that you've decided to abstain. Too many men do whatever they want and then leave the girl to deal with the mess.

BTW, not everyone believes premarital sex is wrong.
They don't "leave the girl to deal with the mess"

It's not like the guy walks away scot-free. He has to give half his salary to her for 18 years. Sure, the girl might have to deal with raising the kid, but she gets money from the guy. And if the girl didn't want the baby, she could have given it up for adoption or got an abortion. People shouldn't mix morality and pregnancy. If you don't truly want a baby, get an abortion. Don't try to say you're too moral.

Not everyone believes abortion is wrong.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
They don't "leave the girl to deal with the mess"

It's not like the guy walks away scot-free. He has to give half his salary to her for 18 years. Sure, the girl might have to deal with raising the kid, but she gets money from the guy. And if the girl didn't want the baby, she could have given it up for adoption or got an abortion. People shouldn't mix morality and pregnancy. If you don't truly want a baby, get an abortion. Don't try to say you're too moral.

Not everyone believes abortion is wrong.
Who is this "they" you are talking about? Are you disputing that a large number of men don't leave the girl to deal with the baby? I'll tell you point blank that is *exactly* what my son's sperm donor did after a two year relationship no less.

Half his salary? Really? Care to back this up with actual fact instead of misogynistic nonsense?

The burden lies with the woman no matter *what* she does. She can't not do anything. She must make a decision and whatever decision that is made puts the most stress on *her*.

Those who do believe abortion is wrong (politically, personally or both) should not be forced into having one.

The man still gets away with a lot less emotional stress than the woman. It will never be equal. So she gets a couple hundred (if that!) per month from the guy (maybe! lots don't pay!)...you really think that is a fair trade off of responsibility resulting from the same act that they both participated in?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
And I should believe him just because he's a doctor? Doctors can lie too.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
And I should believe him just because he's a doctor? Doctors can lie too.
: smack:

Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You still seem to be stereotyping. Are you still implying that even nice guys don't care about their friends? "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." What is the difference between a girl friend with that attitude and a girlfriend or a wife with that attitude?

What is the difference between going out and having a good time with a friend versus dating? If you mean I don't have to play as many games with a girl friend versus a potential girlfriend, then you may have a point. However, why would a guy not want to go over to a girlfriends' place whenever he wants sex?

If she is a girlfriend usually means more obligation and more expectations. A girl friend should still expect some friendship even if she wants to go out with her other boy friends; there is also less jealousy involved as I would not want to "cramp" a girl friend's style; but be willing to help out and try to understand her past, believe in her future, and accept her the way she is.

If it is only about a long term, legally binding social contract, do they really want to be a friend?
I think you might be mixing me up with someone else. I never said nice guys don't care about their friends and I never used the saying "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are."

Nice guys care about their friends. But they care about their girlfriend more...that's why they're more than friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships