Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have never heard of a woman bribing a doctor to lie about a hysterectomy to trap a guy into having sex with her. Women don’t need to trap a guy for sex. We just go have sex with someone else.
That just goes to show how much I fear pregnancy. I try to think of all the possibilities of risk, even if the possibilities seem unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Why is abortion not an option for many people? It's legal. I don't know how much it costs, but a lot of poor people get them.

If the woman doesn't want the baby and she doesn't get an abortion, there's always adoption. There's no reason for a woman to keep a baby she doesn't want.

Yes, I'd walk out. I never want a baby and I would resent the mother for keeping the baby.
It's not an option for a few reasons:

1. Costs (about $600 on average)
2. Proximity to a provider
3. Moral objection to the practice

As for adoption, it's not as easy as you make it sound. A woman doesn't carry a baby for nine months, nourish it, make sure to stay healthy for it, birth it and just give it away like she's giving old shoes to the Salvation Army. Stop oversimplifying a complex issue.

I'm disgusted and appalled that you would walk out on your own child. Absolutely disgusting. And yes, I actually feel sick reading someone freely admit they'd do such a vile thing to an innocent child.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
That just goes to show how much I fear pregnancy. I try to think of all the possibilities of risk, even if the possibilities seem unlikely.
No, it speaks to your unfounded paranoias.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
And I'm not even saying she would try to trap me into pregnancy. But trapping me into sex could lead to pregnancy.
You probably mean trapping you into a relationship with sex; because "We just go have sex with someone else." if you don't want to play our game.

It usually takes more effort for a guy to just have a relationship with someone else if they don't want to play our game.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It's not an option for a few reasons:

1. Costs (about $600 on average)
2. Proximity to a provider
3. Moral objection to the practice

As for adoption, it's not as easy as you make it sound. A woman doesn't carry a baby for nine months, nourish it, make sure to stay healthy for it, birth it and just give it away like she's giving old shoes to the Salvation Army. Stop oversimplifying a complex issue.

I'm disgusted and appalled that you would walk out on your own child. Absolutely disgusting. And yes, I actually feel sick reading someone freely admit they'd do such a vile thing to an innocent child.
If someone doesn't want a baby, they shouldn't have moral objection to abortion. And as far as adoption goes...all I'm saying is she has options.

I was describing what I would do if I was ever put into the scenario of an unwanted pregnancy. But that will never happen, so it doesn't matter.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM

9 posts, read 12,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've learned in life, that a small percentage is what they say, but what they actually do is more important and worth being in tune to.

I've heard a lot of women whine about wanting a nice decent guy and how hard they are to find, only to go out and constantly get drunk and get banged by tattoed druggie dudes. Or if they have relationships it's always with some pseudo gangsta pants on the ground flat bill capped retard.

So I always look at what people do, not what they say. If they don't have a history in dating decent men, that track record aint changing. Also decent men out there above 30 that are reasonably successful in their lives don't want women with 150000 miles on them that have been ridden hard over every bump in the road. When you've been the town pincushion and look it by the time you hit 30, decent men wont be touching you with a 10 ft pole. You might find some desperate sucker, but a decent guy, no.

The term "nice guy" though has been perverted to mean something else these days and for a lot of women it merely means a guy that's an easy doormat relegated to the friend zone.

Excellent post! The key is in what people do, they don't even have to open their mouths. Too many relationships go sour from listening and not watching.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
If someone doesn't want a baby, they shouldn't have moral objection to abortion. And as far as adoption goes...all I'm saying is she has options.

I was describing what I would do if I was ever put into the scenario of an unwanted pregnancy. But that will never happen, so it doesn't matter.
Your position is one of ignorance and a lack of life experience. I was describing how I felt upon reading someone's cavalier attitude in abandoning his own child.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Your position is one of ignorance and a lack of life experience. I was describing how I felt upon reading someone's cavalier attitude in abandoning his own child.
But doesn't that make you happy I don't have sex? Maybe now the posters will stop trying to tell me I should have sex.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
But doesn't that make you happy I don't have sex? Maybe now the posters will stop trying to tell me I should have sex.
I'm glad you're not having sex. But it really troubles me that people think that this attitude is ok.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you're not having sex. But it really troubles me that people think that this attitude is ok.
Unwanted pregnancy...keyword unwanted

Why is it so surprising that someone would abandon something they don't want?

Maybe now the posters will understand just how opposed I am to having kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships