Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times

Advertisements

I think the OP is correct. And yes, I'm a girl and I agree with septka as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Wow, so based on your post.... a fat broke bald man living in his parent's basement should keep the beer belly, ditch his membership to Bosley Hair Clinic, and just act like like an arrogant ass?

Yeah, that oughta work.
No, based on his post. . . a fat broke bald man living in his parent's basement will be better off acting like an arrogant ass than acting like he wants her to mop up the floor with his remaining strands of hair, along with the scalp that carries them. And, a bald man who is not a bit ashamed of it is much better off than a bald man who is, so yes, he probably should ditch his membership to Bosley Hair Clinic.

However, nowhere was it posted that a man should act like an arrogant ass--I certainly don't care for them and I had a heck of a time shaking one off at a dance party the other night--all he wanted to talk about was his intellectual pursuits, and he hovered over me all evening to keep others away. A man who is confident in himself and his work does not need to brag, and he will have no need to smother a woman to stake his claim.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
No, based on his post. . . a fat broke bald man living in his parent's basement will be better off acting like an arrogant ass than acting like he wants her to mop up the floor with his remaining strands of hair, along with the scalp that carries them. And, a bald man who is not a bit ashamed of it is much better off than a bald man who is, so yes, he probably should ditch his membership to Bosley Hair Clinic.

However, nowhere was it posted that a man should act like an arrogant ass--I certainly don't care for them and I had a heck of a time shaking one off at a dance party the other night--all he wanted to talk about was his intellectual pursuits, and he hovered over me all evening to keep others away. A man who is confident in himself and his work does not need to brag, and he will have no need to smother a woman to stake his claim.
yes!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:02 PM

532 posts, read 1,465,441 times
Interesting video, but girls are not looking for that when they're in their mid 30's.
Wonder what the pauper Tatoo guys are doing then.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
How is it a MAN thinks he can tell me (a woman) what I want?!

PUA's will always have a harem of dumb nitwits to follow them because that's what these chicks are all about....having a good time. Rarely do I see these men show proof of being in long term relationships. THAT'S the video I want to see. Go ahead....I'll wait.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post
Interesting video, but girls are not looking for that when they're in their mid 30's.
Wonder what the pauper Tatoo guys are doing then.
Probably trying to save up enough to get laser tat removal.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Water seeks it's own level. If a guy is a douche, he'll attract women of very low quality. Some may be hot and it may get him laid, and that's great if that's all you want out of a relationship. At some point you'll want more, and if you're a douchebag, you won't be scoring any "good" women, you'll be scoring the Snooki's and Paris Hilton's of the world. The thing is, a douchebag wouldn't appreciate a good woman anyway, so it's actually a good thing when douches and bimbo's hook up with one another, it helps filter out the crap in the dating pool.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times
I agree with some of what travellingfella has stated. There's some stuff you can take from what he has mentioned and run with it. I've found some of it to be true.

When it comes down to it though, I like to ask women on advice on women more than guys. In the end, women usually know a lot more of the arts of what attracts ladies.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:56 PM

404 posts, read 701,783 times
No offense, but that video is quite dumb. We all know guys who can get quality women and I don't see any of them with the fake tan, the feather coat or anything remotely similar. They are just cool guys, that's all.

The main idea behind the video, though awfully explained, is true to an extent though. You will have much more female attention if you stand out for something. In a group, who draws the most attention? It can be the tallest guy, or the most talkative, or the one who is mysterious for some reason.

Most of us, however, are just average. It's logical: that's the very definition of "average". I can tell from experience that just having a clear direction in your life and pursuing your goals is not necessarily going to make you stand out in a way women will appreciate.

And yes, that's sad, but I decided long ago that if I had to become like one of those pathetic male clones of Lady Gaga just to get women, then I'd rather stay alone thanks.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Most of us, however, are just average. It's logical: that's the very definition of "average". I can tell from experience that just having a clear direction in your life and pursuing your goals is not necessarily going to make you stand out in a way women will appreciate.
No, you won't stand out in a way that a lot of women will appreciate, but you will stand out in a way that some women will appreciate and that's really all you need unless you just really want to be a PUA, in which case you will do anything to get the females to bed, including selling your soul to wear a sequin coat, but most women I know are not much attracted to that unless they're drunk. I'm guessing that a decent man would eventually tire of having a steady succession of heavily hungover chicks waking up next to them every morning, though they may fantasize about it occasionally. Oh, and BTW, most of us women are also average and pretty realistic about who we can date.

One thing your average man can do to stand out though is to have a t-shirt that has an interesting logo on it--something that will make people say *What's that?* It will get a conversation going and that's what you want. For women, that doesn't work as well b/c most nice men are seriously uncomfortable about staring at a woman's shirtfront--I guess she could have the logo on the back, lol.

Oh, and I just have to defend the men with tats: I'm not much attracted to them, but one of the sweetest men I know is just covered with them--he's quite scary looking really and every time I see him he has a new piercing or bone in his nose or something, but he's the nicest man. I've found this to be true more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships