Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM

128 posts, read 253,184 times

Advertisements

Many years ago I was bitching to a lesbian friend about the guy I was seeing. She asked me if I ever thought about becoming a lesbian. I told her I like penises, not vaginas, and she said I could LEARN to like muff diving.

That encounter pretty much settled the genetic vs. choice question for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
sure, but my point remains: female sexuality has a strong emotional component (again, this is in general) where such physical features aren't always crucial.

BTW I agree, actually: I've never been able to see a trangendered person as fully the gender they intend to be, since their changes are merely cosmetic IMO and it takes much more than some artificial changes to be a man or a woman.

I sort of disagree. My point was that because there are 100s of physical differences, you can't physically change sexes. You can change the genitalia, get breast implants, then the face would need a handful of surgeries and the body hair, and how do you shrink hands and feet and reshape the frame of the body. People who date trans people, need to be open to dating trans people, because it's not going to be the same. I'm not interested in doing that, so this is just an opinion based on the fact that men's bodies are too different to mimic a woman's body in every way.

I suppose inside they could be a women though, or why else would they go through the surgeries?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I sort of disagree. My point was that because there are 100s of physical differences, you can't physically change sexes. You can change the genitalia, get breast implants, then the face would need a handful of surgeries and the body hair, and how do you shrink hands and feet and reshape the frame of the body. People who date trans people, need to be open to dating trans people, because it's not going to be the same. I'm not interested in doing that, so this is just an opinion based on the fact that men's bodies are too different to mimic a woman's body in every way.

I suppose inside they could be a women though, or why else would they go through the surgeries?
May be not in every way, but enough to invoke sexual feelings in some hetero-sexual men.

Being open to date a transexual person is quite different from finding a transexual person sexually attractive.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Being open to date a transexual person is quite different from finding a transexual person sexually attractive.
Or in other words, sexual arousal and sexual orientation are 2 very different things.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Or in other words, sexual arousal and sexual orientation are 2 very different things.
I guess you can say that, but keep in mind that they are both still in sync in the scenario in my previous post.

I'm sexually attracted to women, because they possess subtle & obvious features that arouse me. It would make perfect sense to get aroused by transexual men with similar features.

I don't think any guy finds women sexually attractive simply because they have the XX chromosomes and we have the XY ones.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
I guess you can say that, but keep in mind that they are both still in sync in the scenario in my previous post.

I'm sexually attracted to women, because they possess subtle & obvious features that arouse me. It would make perfect sense to get aroused by transexual men with similar features.

I don't think any guy finds women sexually attractive simply because they have the XX chromosomes and we have the XY ones.
I've never once been turned on by a tranny, or by the notion/thought of one. I actually find the notion of myself in a sexual sitation with a transsexual about as repulsive as I find the notion of myself with a "bear."

I don't think that there's any male in my social circle whom I can think of who would find a beautiful transsexual woman to be as or more attractive than a biological woman of lesser beauty.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I've never once been turned on by a tranny, or by the notion/thought of one.
Believe it or not, there are transsexuals that blend quite well with the female population. You probably have.

Quote:
I actually find the notion of myself in a sexual sitation with a transsexual about as repulsive as I find the notion of myself with a "bear."
Hmmmm..... that's pretty screwed up imho.

Quote:
I don't think that there's any male in my social circle whom I can think of who would find a beautiful transsexual woman to be as or more attractive than a biological woman of lesser beauty.
I never said this^^^^^^, but if you're implying that an heterosexual man would NEVER find a transsexual person sexually attractive, you are wrong.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM

I've had four girlfriends who were lesbians. For clarity's sake, I am a male.

With each one of these women, I was the "only" guy they would have considered seeing. I've gotten different answers as to why this is, ranging from my gentle and nurturing personality, to my having "very feminine eyes" (I have naturally long eyelashes that curl - I've been asked by people if I curl them before).

In all but one of these situations, these were women who had been somehow mistreated by a male at some point during their formative years: boys at school in the case of one who developed early; abuse from an uncle; an unrelentingly verbally abusive father. At the high school I went to in Cambridge, MA, it seemed like nearly every girl was a "lesbian" for at least six months. I've met a fair number of women who are gay who it seems are so not as much out of an attraction to women, so much as a fear of men, or of masculinity. The other one said that she felt that she'd been "born" gay, and had always had an attraction towards women... until she met me, evidently.

I think that it's interesting that despite this, I honestly do not believe I've met a man who has "become gay" or "chosen" to be gay based on how they were treated by women. It's always interested me and piqued my curiosity that this seems to be the case.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Come to think of it, imagine the drama and male/female couple in their early 20s would have. Imagine if the girl got pregnant, the guy would probably take off and she'd get an abortion or go on welfare. Imagine if they got married, they'd likely get a divorce. Imagine the cheating and the breakups. Imagine him sleeping with her best friend. Imagine them getting evicted from their trailer. Image the 2 other baby daddies in the picture.
LOL, you win that one! Oops though, maybe not meant to be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Reason View Post
You look at a male body and think about being dominated. That isn't physical attraction.
Well, yes it is, and I'm not a submissive anyway, though I love the female role. How do you separate one from the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Okay. I have my grandpa glasses on now....................Yes. I read that right. Your HUSBAND AND YOUR DAUGHTER turned out gay?????????? Lord have mercy! How many Xanaxs that must have taken to deal with!
No xanaxes, but a long journey of self discovery and learning about gender roles, which has been quite interesting. Right now, I'm happier than I've ever been but I sure went thru some crap to get here. It's been 2 years since my ex came out.

Quote:
I've never once been turned on by a tranny, or by the notion/thought of one. I actually find the notion of myself in a sexual sitation with a transsexual about as repulsive as I find the notion of myself with a "bear."

I don't think I would either but it's really hard to say until you've been in a situation where you could fall in love with a person. I love the movie Priscilla Queen of the Desert and part of the reason I love it so much is because there's a part where a very traditional outback man falls in love with a transexual man going to a woman and they have this emotional connection that transcends whatever is going on physically. No, maybe it's not perfect--maybe the hands will be too big and veined and the shoulders a little too square, but it really is what's outside reflecting what's inside and the differences are subtle anyway. I've always loved being a woman but I have nothing but sympathy for those who feel that "God made a mistake," and I'm a Christian. Also, I should think that someone who has been thru something like this would have some deeper spiritual insights about what it is to be human and that in itself would appeal to me. Would I go seek it out? Probably not, but you never know who you might meet at some point. Can I see myself learning to like muff diving? Probably not--there's just something about the feeling of maleness that is very, very appealing.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not, there are transsexuals that blend quite well with the female population. You probably have.
It's entirely possible. As soon as I became aware that they had a penis, all attraction would vanish, though.

Quote:
Hmmmm..... that's pretty screwed up imho.
Why? It's no one's business but my own who or what I'm attracted or repulsed by.

Quote:
I never said this^^^^^^, but if you're implying that an heterosexual man would NEVER find a transsexual person sexually attractive, you are wrong.
I'm implying that none of the self-identified straight males who I'm friends with have an underlying attraction to males.

I do know a couple guys who identify as "bi" who really, really like Asian trannies though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships