Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring_NewYorkers View Post
I feel like in life, loving is necessary. Not being loved, but loving people unconditionally and putting your heart out there. And mostly, if you love with your arms wide open and aren't afraid to hide it, then you will come across a lot of good relationships, and a lot of bad. But, to get good, you must run through the bad. Loving opens up a chance for you to be happy, and to experience things that come and go, heartache makes love real.
This is how I feel strongly!

Very well said, and beautifully spoken!! I couldn't have said it better myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,354,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Some men feel threatened emotionally by a woman who declares her love before they feel ready to declare theirs.

Unless this is someone you've been in a steady solid relationships with a long time, it is just risky to say it first as it decreases your odds he'll reciprocate, in my opinion.

Your best bet is to tell him you are developing feelings for him and would like to know if he's interested in pursuing that with you? Don't back him into a corner with the "i love you!" statement right off the bat.
Why is it risky to say you love someone? Because of the fear that they don't feel the same? What are we afraid of?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I unconditionally love humankind. It's people I hate. (There are exceptions.)
I'll borrow this one!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Why shouldn't a woman be the first to say that she loves a guy. Look, if that's how she feels, why play games? The part of it being unconditional is that you can feel it, say it and move on even if the other person doesn't feel the same way. What do you think about that?
I think I perhaps may have mentioned it here already b/4, but it's so important it bears repeating, lol: "I love you", represent the 3 most special, magical, beautiful words, in the entire English language. Doesn't matter who's saying it, girl or guy. It's completely amazing and heartwarming, either way.

To hear a girl I care about tell me that she loves me, even without me being the first one to actually say it for whatever reason, would make my heart glow with joy and happiness. I guarantee it

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring_NewYorkers View Post
I feel like in life, loving is necessary. Not being loved, but loving people unconditionally and putting your heart out there. And mostly, if you love with your arms wide open and aren't afraid to hide it, then you will come across a lot of good relationships, and a lot of bad. But, to get good, you must run through the bad. Loving opens up a chance for you to be happy, and to experience things that come and go, heartache makes love real.
This is how I feel strongly!

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's not about saying "I Love You" for them to say it back. Hey, who knows ... they might feel the same way and are playing the "I'm not gonna say anything 'cause it's too soon" game.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I think I perhaps may have mentioned it here already b/4, but it's so important it bears repeating, lol: "I love you", represent the 3 most special, magical, beautiful words, in the entire English language. Doesn't matter who's saying it, girl or guy. It's completely amazing and heartwarming, either way.

To hear a girl tell me that she loves me, even without me being the first one to actually say it for whatever reason, would make my heart glow with joy and happiness. I guarantee it
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with the original question.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
True -- although you may notice, that later in the thread, OP and others did ask in various posts about the "ILY" question, later on...just trying to comment, on that part of the thread.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-02-2011 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Clarified language

Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OP: Yes, I think it's relevant to the question I posted.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
True -- although you'll notice, that later in the thread, OP did ask in various posts about the "ILY" question, later on...just trying to comment, on that part of the thread.
OK, weaseling out of uncomfortable questions is a perfectly acceptable strategy around here!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Why is it risky to say you love someone? Because of the fear that they don't feel the same? What are we afraid of?
I already explained that...

BECAUSE you can scare the guy off, or just turn him off completely if you say this before he feels the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships