Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I wouldn't say it's selfish, you just want to be totally ready for it to happen. which is a good thing.
I'm at a point where I have a good job, low expenses, and it's a bummer at times to be still single, and not meeting quality men.
I think you might of misunderstood the post. I was saying I never want kids. I think I could probably afford a kid someday, but like I said, I would be unwilling to make the financial sacrifices.

You said you keep meeting men that don't want kids, so I'm just giving you some insight on why men don't want kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 05:02 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
There is no normal or not normal. It is about choices.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:06 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
There is no normal or not normal. It is about choices.
Exactly. It's a matter of preference.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:09 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
ok, sorry I missed that. It's every one's right to feel how they want. Some people want kids, some don't. I just wish the men that didn't want any weren't attracted to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I think you might of misunderstood the post. I was saying I never want kids. I think I could probably afford a kid someday, but like I said, I would be unwilling to make the financial sacrifices.

You said you keep meeting men that don't want kids, so I'm just giving you some insight on why men don't want kids.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
It's also a matter of making sacrifices. I can't afford any kids right now. At all. No way.

But I think someday I would be able to afford a kid.

However, I would need to make sacrifices in other areas that I'm not willing to make.

Call me selfish, but at least I'm determined and I know what I want.

I want to live the richest lifestyle I can afford, and I don't want any kid(s) to get in the way of that.
I'm not in any way dogging you for feeling that kids are not your thing. But it bears mentioning that you don't know what sacrifices you will be willing to make in the future, regardless of what is most important to you today. Your priorities can totally change as you grow up...and most people's do. And they may not, on this front. But the point is, you don't really know what's going to be most important to you in the distant future, until that future is here. You can guess, but what turns out to be reality can differ entirely from what you expect as a teen.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
So you're saying it's not normal if a young person doesn't want to get married or have kids?

Like I said, it's just a preference. How can a preference be not normal?

What about the 30+ year old posters that don't have kids nor do they want them? Are they not normal?
They are perfectly normal adults who have the experience and self knowledge that having children is not for them.

I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing that option.

You have no experience in life, you have never been in love, never had a committed relationship and never left home.

Sorry kiddo, you have nothing to base any life long decisions on.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
They are perfectly normal adults who have the experience and self knowledge that having children is not for them.

I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing that option.

You have no experience in life, you have never been in love, never had a committed relationship and never left home.

Sorry kiddo, you have nothing to base any life long decisions on.
Respectfully, I knew I did not wanted to have kids by age 6. While my sisters were playing house, I was playing meccanos (like legos). No interest in dolls or babies EVER.

I always knew i did not want to become a mother.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Respectfully, I knew I did not wanted to have kids by age 6. While my sisters were playing house, I was playing meccanos (like legos). No interest in dolls or babies EVER.

I always knew i did not want to become a mother.
I knew pretty young too. Matter of fact when I was a kid I prefered to be around the adults, I didn't like being around kids, even when I was a kid. I remember kids being so damn mean. Just nasty little buggers. LOL

Its weird cause as an adult, I actually don't mind kids at all, assuming they're well mannered and polite.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
I'd love kids.

Here in SF, you can't find any women who want them...

Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'd love kids.

Here in SF, you can't find any women who want them...
Apparently is a deal breaker in DC too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships