Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Respectfully, I knew I did not wanted to have kids by age 6. While my sisters were playing house, I was playing meccanos (like legos). No interest in dolls or babies EVER.

I always knew i did not want to become a mother.
Then I am wrong quite obviously and city_data91 is a normal young man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I tried to rep ya....

Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Apparently is a deal breaker in DC too.
On one of my first dates here in San Francisco, the lady asked me if I liked kids and wanted them someday.

I told her I did, indeed, love children, and that I'd basically raised my sister who's 13 years younge, and that yeah... someday, it'd be nice. Not any time soon, but it'd certainly be nice.

She told me that I'd probably "think differently if I was the one to carry and birth the child," which I thought was funny, inasmuch as every child ever born has been to a woman, and the vast many of those women made some decision, in some way or another, to carry and birth that child. Not wanting to start a fight about patriarchy or gender roles, I just sort of let her continue admonishing me for wanting to have a kid when there were so many perfectly good adoptable ones out there.

Never had a second date

That, though, has been another recurring theme... most of the women here I've met who do want a kid want to adopt. Which is fine. I'd prefer to have one of my own.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Respectfully, I knew I did not wanted to have kids by age 6. While my sisters were playing house, I was playing meccanos (like legos). No interest in dolls or babies EVER.

I always knew i did not want to become a mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I knew pretty young too. Matter of fact when I was a kid I prefered to be around the adults, I didn't like being around kids, even when I was a kid. I remember kids being so damn mean. Just nasty little buggers. LOL

Its weird cause as an adult, I actually don't mind kids at all, assuming they're well mannered and polite.

Thanks for strengthening my point.

I knew at 14 I didn't want kids.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,847 times
With all of the kids out there for adoption due to other irresponsible people and considering the risk of your new child having some kind of crippling life condition scares the **** out of me. I don't think I will have children. Maybe I'll adopt. Maybe.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
On one of my first dates here in San Francisco, the lady asked me if I liked kids and wanted them someday.

I told her I did, indeed, love children, and that I'd basically raised my sister who's 13 years younge, and that yeah... someday, it'd be nice. Not any time soon, but it'd certainly be nice.

She told me that I'd probably "think differently if I was the one to carry and birth the child," which I thought was funny, inasmuch as every child ever born has been to a woman, and the vast many of those women made some decision, in some way or another, to carry and birth that child. Not wanting to start a fight about patriarchy or gender roles, I just sort of let her continue admonishing me for wanting to have a kid when there were so many perfectly good adoptable ones out there.

Never had a second date

That, though, has been another recurring theme... most of the women here I've met who do want a kid want to adopt. Which is fine. I'd prefer to have one of my own.
I thought you made a post saying you're happy birth control never failed for you

Old 03-26-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
At least you admitted you're wrong.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:37 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I thought you made a post saying you're happy birth control never failed for you
Yeah, for now.

I would like kids someday. Not now (no steady significant other, small apartment, where I'm at in my career, etc). And I don't have a kid currently, so birth control hasn't failed me. I am happy about this because knowing how my relationships have ended and why, I'm glad I'm not tied to them forever via a kid caught in the middle.

The whole reason it's called birth control is because it gives you a degree of control as to when a birth happens.

It's one of those "someday when things are right" situations. Just because I'm into a woman right now and we're dating and having a good time doesn't mean we would make good parents together.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
They are perfectly normal adults who have the experience and self knowledge that having children is not for them.

I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing that option.

You have no experience in life, you have never been in love, never had a committed relationship and never left home.

Sorry kiddo, you have nothing to base any life long decisions on.
So you're saying I don't have the life experience to decide I don't want kids, but you think I should want kids

That logic makes no sense

If I lack the life experience to decide I don't want kids, that also means I don't have the life experience to decide I want kids.

I don't understand why you think it would be perfectly normal if I wanted kids, but not if I don't want kids.

And there are people my age and younger that have babies. They don't have much life experience either. And for them, it's too late to decide they don't want kids. What a shame.

If people wait until they obtain life experience to decide they don't want kids, they might already have kids at that point.

It's good that I know at a young age I don't want kids so I can dedicate my life to making sure I never have kids.

My parents had me at 24. They were out of college, but other than that they didn't have a whole lot more life experience than I do now.

By the way, I've left home. I live 2,000 miles away from my parents. They pay for me, but that's not the point. The point is I left home.

And I have enough life experience to know kids don't fit into the lifestyle I want. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

As for self-knowledge, I know myself very well.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:15 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
My life would be ruined if I had a kid.
Mine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships