Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

I've heard women say this as well as I've seen it written on dating profiles.

In explaining what they are looking for, they add: ".....my children come first..."

No need to say that, just mention that you have children. The message that it sends is--the guy is second and not THAT MUCH of a priority.

It comes across as if you're doing HIM a favor by giving him some of your time.
I'd go as far as saying most men know that YOUR children are a priority. Somethings just don't need to be explained. Also, guys don't want to be in a relationship and it feels like HE is tagging along for the ride.

The worst thing you can ever do to anyone is giving the feeling that they are not AS worthy.

Yeah, I know I'll get slammed for this one but oh well. AND no, I did not have this with a women. I don't date women with children.

Let'em rip......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
I'll risk getting slammed too...

if their children really DO come first they have no business on a dating website.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

if their children really DO come first they have no business on a dating website.
That's what I say, too. However, many men write the same crap. Naturally, same goes to them. Enjoy your first priorities without me!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Awww cmon now. for some people that's the only method that works for them. everyone needs a night out once in a while. just because they use a dating site doesn't mean they are neglecting their children.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I've heard women say this as well as I've seen it written on dating profiles.

In explaining what they are looking for, they add: ".....my children come first..."

No need to say that, just mention that you have children. The message that it sends is--the guy is second and not THAT MUCH of a priority.

It comes across as if you're doing HIM a favor by giving him some of your time.
I'd go as far as saying most men know that YOUR children are a priority. Somethings just don't need to be explained. Also, guys don't want to be in a relationship and it feels like HE is tagging along for the ride.

The worst thing you can ever do to anyone is giving the feeling that they are not AS worthy.

Yeah, I know I'll get slammed for this one but oh well. AND no, I did not have this with a women. I don't date women with children.

Let'em rip......
no slam from me...I agree, I understand the children come first and if they didnt I would think she was a bad mom (esp in the case of young kids), but does it need to be stated?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM

469 posts, read 1,175,313 times
I agree. I would consider dating a girl with A meaning one child, but when they make a big deal about him/her being the first priority it seems like they are the only priority. When a twenty something single mom has 3 or more children of different races it makes me pity the children

Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
When a twenty something single mom has 3 or more children of different races it makes me pity the children
I was with you until here, what does that mean?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:17 AM

9 posts, read 22,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
When a twenty something single mom has 3 or more children of different races it makes me pity the children
Careful there. I hope what you mean is "3 or more children by different men." Race has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I was with you until here, what does that mean?
It means that we're all selectively stupid.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

word

Then there's the ones that talk about bringing their kids on dates. They take it up a notch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships