Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:19 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times

Advertisements

I was inspired to make this thread by another thread here in the relationships forum.
(Not all women)
Is it true for successful men? More money = more dating advantages?

I am really getting sick and tired of guys complaining about there more succesful counterparts are getting more women. Every time I sip beer at a bar that topic comes up. Every Time I enter a male enviroment that topic comes up.

Why do guys even care about a selfish women who is only with you based off what you can potentially do for her.

My thing is. Women make just as much money as we do. I don't care if I get kicked off the forums for saying this but no I don't hold the door for my women, I don't pull the chair for her, no I don't give her money to get her nails done, buy her car. etc. etc.

At the same time I don't order her around, I don't expect her to cook or wash my dirty underwear, and I don't expect her to be silent when I speak.

She pays. I pay.
I was the dishes she washes the dishes.

They want to be equal. Well we are equal and thats how I treat them.

=, =, =,

So stop complaining and get a women on your level and put down your foot.

Women do as much as we do. The financial gap is pretty much closed and women even have an employment advantage prior secondary education.

So kill this concept of man being the bread winner and stop perpetuating the vicious cycle and put the narcissistic (not all) women in their place and live happy.
Simple.

Had to vent.

And all the guys who do tolerate a selfish, lazy, manipulative women only because of their good looks you get exactly what you deserve.

Last edited by Veyron; 04-22-2011 at 10:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Good post. Women who expect men to pay for everything are lame, and the men who keep asking them out deserve what they get.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Those things you dont do, I do them. I dont complain about it. I like cherishing a woman. I like it when a woman cherishes me. I liked it much better when BOTH men and women had manners and honor. Crucify me.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Those things you dont do, I do them. I dont complain about it. I like cherishing a woman. I like it when a woman cherishes me. I liked it much better when BOTH men and women had manners and honor. Crucify me.
*Grabs the nails and hammer*
jk

I went a bit overboard.

Like I said to the men who are with women only for their "physical assets" and pretty much treat her like the second comming and only getting nookie out of it get exactly what they deserve.

I never said anything about the men who treat their women like goddess and in return get treated like gods.

My post was about equality.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Hmmmm...

" but no I don't hold the door for my women"

"I don't pull the chair for her"

And there are men that state time and time again that "CHIVALRY" isn't dead...they obviously have not read your thread nor spoke to you in the real world..

These acts are not done out of being "Equal" they are done out "respect" , "Being raised right" and cordial...

These 2 simple "free" acts/behaviors are appreciated by women at least they are by me..

I have a great career but a gentleman who asks me out and pays for dinner shows me that he was raised correctly and has his morals and values straight..
I am not wanting a man to pay for things like my nails, my hair to be done, or my bills I do that just fine..but buy me a small gift of flowers, take me to dinner or drinks shows me alot about a man and the last thing that comes to mind is "sucker"

Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Hmmmm...

" but no I don't hold the door for my women"

"I don't pull the chair for her"

And there are men that state time and time again that "CHIVALRY" isn't dead...they obviously have not read your thread nor spoke to you in the real world..

These acts are not done out of being "Equal" they are done out "respect" , "Being raised right" and cordial...

These 2 simple "free" acts/behaviors are appreciated by women at least they are by me..

I have a great career but a gentleman who asks me out and pays for dinner shows me that he was raised correctly and has his morals and values straight..
I am not wanting a man to pay for things like my nails, my hair to be done, or my bills I do that just fine..but buy me a small gift of flowers, take me to dinner or drinks shows me alot about a man and the last thing that comes to mind is "sucker"
Good evening,

What are you offering this gentleman in return? Sincere question, I'm asking because that never seems to be shared in similar responses I see here.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good evening,

What are you offering this gentleman in return? Sincere question, I'm asking because that never seems to be shared in similar responses I see here.
Good evening in return..

Fair enough..

I offer my full attention on the date, I offer good stimulating conversation about anything and everything, and a quirky sense of humor..I offer affection and small gifts in return..a fave CD, ball cap that he saw and liked as a surprise..

I love chivalry, I love gentleman..and in return they get a lady where it counts..

Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,251 times
I kinda agree with the OP tbh.

While I do believe women should be respected, I'm not willing to put them on a pedestal either, which I believe chivalry essentially does. I rather she be an independent thinker, contributor, and partner to a relationship instead of there just for the ride. So with me, girls could reasonably expect me not to pay for a meal all the time, or choose places to go, but they will be well respected and treated well for they are. They just can't expect me to be the stereotypical guy.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:38 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Good evening in return..

Fair enough..

I offer my full attention on the date, I offer good stimulating conversation about anything and everything, and a quirky sense of humor..I offer affection and small gifts in return..a fave CD, ball cap that he saw and liked as a surprise..

I love chivalry, I love gentleman..and in return they get a lady where it counts..
Thanks, I appreciate your answer. I was simply curious since I never hear this side of the story.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Wish more people thought like the op. But working women are still doing most of the housework and child-rearing. Maybe this will change more and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships