Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times

Advertisements

fat chance. half the girls I messaged reply "very selectively" according to OkCupid... christ even online they're impossible to get through to :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
fat chance. half the girls I messaged reply "very selectively" according to OkCupid... christ even online they're impossible to get through to :P
Ahahahah....try another site.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 PM

PlentyOfFish is the only other free one I know of that's any good and I'm sure as hell not paying for a dating site yet. Gonna at least give real life a few more cracks before I totally resign myself to either online dating or permanent singlehood.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
PlentyOfFish is the only other free one I know of that's any good and I'm sure as hell not paying for a dating site yet. Gonna at least give real life a few more cracks before I totally resign myself to either online dating or permanent singlehood.
I wish you the best of luck.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:02 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
I got between 25-30 or so viable dates earlier this year and last year, from OKCupid...are you signed up on there also my friend?

ETA: correction, sorry about that; I didn't see your earlier post on OKC

Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 PM

Yes I am, said so a few posts back I just started actually using it today though. Still not hopeful though. I didn't photoshop myself to look like I could be a Navy SEAL nor did I say that I love going to clubs and having wild casual sex, so my chances of getting a date are slim.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'd say only about 20 percent of men do well on the sites so it's not just unattractive men that have problems. I've seen very very few few guys claim to meet a lot of women from online dating. They might talk to them online or get them to email them back but like I said a phone call and an actually first meeting are 2 more hurdles a guy has to cross. A woman can meet like 5 guys a week from the sites even if she only average looking. You also have to remember that the ratio of men to women is skewed in favor of women on the sites.
I think outdated profiles, spam(fake/scam) and trolls ruin it too. You think you are messaging a cute girl in your area but it might be someone who stopped using that website last year and lives elsewhere or a time waster.

POF is a cesspool, btw. Just want to throw that out there. OKC is much better.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Craiglist hasn't been good to me since Feb of 2011. I haven't been able to have success from there at all in 5 months.

My dates have been coming from pay sites. I did meet one girl on POF but after talking on the phone I wasn't feeling her personality

Old 07-10-2011, 01:21 AM

223 posts, read 166,448 times
Quote:
What's so good about plenty of rotting fish?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 AM

223 posts, read 166,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
I think outdated profiles, spam(fake/scam) and trolls ruin it too. You think you are messaging a cute girl in your area but it might be someone who stopped using that website last year and lives elsewhere or a time waster.

POF is a cesspool, btw. Just want to throw that out there. OKC is much better.
There isn't one over 50 year old female in the NY area on POF who is worth a damn fake penny. Every single one is a plain looking, heavily made up idiot who over-rates herself to the nth degree as she waits to be discovered by Mel Gibson. Tell them Bob4Marriage said so and that he wishes the worst to the rejection creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships