Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,174,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Is it not both people's time being invested?
Is it not both people wanting to get to know each other?
Aren't both people getting dressed up?
But whose idea was the date? I see this way: the one asking you out on a date is the host while you're the guest.
Quote:
Ok, but what about those differences has anything to do with who is expected to pay?
You're not gonna treat them exactly the same. It would be weird to be asked out on a date and he/she treats you as one of his/her buddies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,641,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't think that a lot of men get this. Women go to more trouble then men do in certain ways on dates. They buy more expensive clothes and make up. There are more rules for how they should act... it's more of a pain for them in certain ways. That's one reason why men pay.

No disrespect, but I don't know one other man besides you that thinks this way.

Be careful ladies with this one.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,376,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
But whose idea was the date? I see this way: the one asking you out on a date is the host while you're the guest.
In my experience one person MAY technically ask the other for the date, but in general both people want to go on the date. Or the date is sort of assumed.

Quote:
You're not gonna treat them exactly the same. It would be weird to be asked out on a date and he/she treats you as one of his/her buddies.
Ok. Agreed. But, again, how does any of that relate as to whom should pay?

12,997 posts, read 13,696,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
No disrespect, but I don't know one other man besides you that thinks this way.

Be careful ladies with this one.
How old are you? Ethnicity?

19,112 posts, read 30,717,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
If the guy you are with doesn't view you as girlfriend/wife material then it won't matter how many dates you pay for. Once you get put into booty call category there is nothing you can do to get out of it.

Women paying for date only applies to guys that are truly interested in getting to know them. Not guys looking to only have sex with you.

Any man that says he is not impressed with a woman offering to pay for a date is a CLUELESS if you ask me. Serious issues behind that mentality.
This is kind of what I figured... if he's interested, all rules go out the window and it doesn't matter who pays. If he's not interested, it also doesn't matter because it's not going any farther.

Of course, in regards to the booty call thing, I won't become a booty call so that's a non-issue.

1,601 posts, read 2,141,886 times
Quote:
I don't think that a lot of men get this. Women go to more trouble then men do in certain ways on dates. They buy more expensive clothes and make up. There are more rules for how they should act... it's more of a pain for them in certain ways. That's one reason why men pay.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,224,213 times
Quote:
TV, if a person enjoys your company, you can tell by facial expressions, tone of voice and eagerness to spend time with you. The second you say, "I've paid for two or three dates; now it's your turn," you'll dry out that woman's panties faster than a hand dryer in a public restroom. I don't know about you, but I personally like sex. I think that sex is a much more likely possibility if a woman feels comfortable, appreciated, entertained and complimented throughout the evening. I'm not seeing a discussion about the bill leading to any of these states.

That's why I said those will CONFIRM her interest

Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,641,086 times
Quote:
How old are you? Ethnicity?
Does not matter. What kind of guy in his right mind thinks a lady is desperate for offering to pay for a meal with a guy that she really enjoys being with. Makes no sense.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,174,290 times
Quote:
In my experience one person MAY technically ask the other for the date, but in general both people want to go on the date. Or the date is sort of assumed.
Yes, I do agree that both wanted it but it doesn't erase the fact that one still did the asking. Therefore, he/she should already know ahead of time that it's gonna cost but it doesn't have to be an elegant place. It can be cheap (well as long as it's not McDonald's) but decent.
Quote:
Ok. Agreed. But, again, how does any of that relate as to whom should pay?
Different rules when going out with your friends/buddie vs on a date.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,376,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yes, I do agree that both wanted it but it doesn't erase the fact that one still did the asking. Therefore, he/she should already know ahead of time that it's gonna cost but it doesn't have to be an elegant place.
What does that have to do with who should pay?

Quote:
Different rules when going out with your friends/buddie vs on a date.
What are these rules? Who made them? Who enforces them? Why is one of the rules that the asker should pay? This has yet to be answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships