Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that most hot guys/girls are taken when you first see them?
Yes 43 55.13%
No 26 33.33%
Maybe/I don't know 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,675 times

Advertisements

Im actually pretty effeminate and most women dont find that attractive, I get hit on by gays almost daily, Im not gay but they dont seem to get that [/quote]

I actually like men who are SLIGHTLY effeminate Soft-eyed, gentle..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM

48 posts, read 84,113 times
I'm going to assume you are all way too young to have some staying power with the ladies or holding your own in the confidence stakes. At that age most guys go off the deep end and make unfounded assumtptions that all pretty women are taken, without even a moment notice or taking the time to deduce what is really going on. It would help if you at least tried to say a few words to her and gauge her personality, and initially take things on face value. Too many guys think that looks are the be all and end all of what constitutes a persons appeal. As you wise up you will understand that good looks are common.

Do you know how quickly women get stumped when they are trying to get a guys attention and some of them ask if they are pretty, and in response a guy might cooly say....yeh good looks are just too common in this city, what really goes the distance is a great pair..... of eyes that can gaze through BS and really connect with a guys soul. Then take a sip at your drink and enjoy the music, like you were just making an observation to your bratty sister. Not disrespectfully but just matter-of-factly.... I think most women like to be spoken to as an equal and not as the queen of Sheeba. If a guy puts a girl up on a pedestal too quickly, things get superficial and boring way fast. And the last thing a lady wants is a guy trying to say all the right things to get into bed with her. Guys...try saying the wrong things sometimes....at least if its 99% honest.

I am sure CancerianMoonPrincess is easy on the eyes. But personally I am more into artistic girls with deep thoughtful minds that reflect insightfully on everything. Btw those photos don't work CancerianMoonPrincess

Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post

I am sure CancerianMoonPrincess is easy on the eyes. But personally I am more into artistic girls with deep thoughtful minds that reflect insightfully on everything. Btw those photos don't work CancerianMoonPrincess
Funny because I am actually artistic. I have some pieces on deviantart. Thanks for the insight though.

Sorry about the photos. For some strange reason, only people in my contacts can see even if my profile isn't private.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:02 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
I'm going to assume you are all way too young to have some staying power with the ladies or holding your own in the confidence stakes. At that age most guys go off the deep end and make unfounded assumtptions that all pretty women are taken, without even a moment notice or taking the time to deduce what is really going on. It would help if you at least tried to say a few words to her and gauge her personality, and initially take things on face value. Too many guys think that looks are the be all and end all of what constitutes a persons appeal. As you wise up you will understand that good looks are common.

Do you know how quickly women get stumped when they are trying to get a guys attention and some of them ask if they are pretty, and in response a guy might cooly say....yeh good looks are just too common in this city, what really goes the distance is a great pair..... of eyes that can gaze through BS and really connect with a guys soul. Then take a sip at your drink and enjoy the music, like you were just making an observation to your bratty sister. Not disrespectfully but just matter-of-factly.... I think most women like to be spoken to as an equal and not as the queen of Sheeba. If a guy puts a girl up on a pedestal too quickly, things get superficial and boring way fast. And the last thing a lady wants is a guy trying to say all the right things to get into bed with her. Guys...try saying the wrong things sometimes....at least if its 99% honest.
Wow, I wish I could rep you twice for that. Great insight for the men.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:04 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I respected women greatly, but I never was able to have a girlfriend. They just wanted to be friends. It's great to have someone whom you can relate to like that, but I guarantee you that you didn't get to a romantic/sexual relationship with her by relating to her the same as you would a man.
Yes I did. We would go out in groups and sometime act like buddies. You don't just romance 24/7 or else things can get boring fast.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Nah, I usually assume she wouldn't be interested in being more than friends. And not just physically attractive women either.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yes, more so for girls since we guys have to initiate, it works like business and economics, supply and demand
Yes and in todays dating pool (and what Im about to say is ESPECIALLY true for Las Vegas and Florida)

The demand for attractive available women is EXTREMELY HIGH, the actual supply?....As scant as water in Death Valley

Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 PM

48 posts, read 84,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Funny because I am actually artistic. I have some pieces on deviantart. Thanks for the insight though.

Sorry about the photos. For some strange reason, only people in my contacts can see even if my profile isn't private.
I was being facetious CancerianMoonPrincess I saw your profile and noticed that you are artistic and more power to you for that of course. And yeh as a fellow artist I would appreciate seeing your deviantart sometime. Cheers.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times
it's easier for women to get into a rebound relationship than it is for a man

Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
The guys who said No are the ones who are most likely to end up with this hot girl then the Guys who said Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships