Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,867 times

Advertisements

Thank you for clarifying. But, I am still stuck on things not working out with your boyfriend, yet you still have the possibility of remaining in the relationship while having a side fling with his best on the down low. You are seriously trying to have your cake and eat it too.

If you don't want to cause any drama, remove yourself from the situation entirely. I don't think the best friend owes YOU an explanation; he owes his friend.

Frankly, I feel really sorry for the boyfriend. Not only does his girlfriend mess around with another dude, but his best friend is the other dude. This is a real crappy situation.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM

160 posts, read 295,235 times
The thing about the other guy is that he keeps telling me how guilty he feels, yet he keeps doing it. I don't get it. I figure he must not feel *that* guilty, otherwise he'd stop. Am I wrong here?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Thank you for clarifying. But, I am still stuck on things not working out with your boyfriend, yet you still have the possibility of remaining in the relationship while having a side fling with his best on the down low. You are seriously trying to have your cake and eat it too.

If you don't want to cause any drama, remove yourself from the situation entirely. I don't think the best friend owes YOU an explanation; he owes his friend.

Frankly, I feel really sorry for the boyfriend. Not only does his girlfriend mess around with another dude, but his best friend is the other dude. This is a real crappy situation.
I'm really not trying to have my cake and eat it too. I've tried to end things with my boyfriend, told him I'm moving out, etc., and he says things like, "Breaking up doesn't count until you move out". So I feel really stuck here until I can get everything in order.

It's hard to remove myself from the situation because, like I said, we have a group of friends who all hang out on the weekends pretty regularly. Even if I just stayed home and didn't do anything, eventually it would be like, what's up with her? Why doesn't she ever come out?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 PM

I'm rather stuck on why you are more concerned about this guy's feelings than your boyfriend?

Are you equally expressing your own guilt when you meet up with him? Perhaps he does have feelings for you but he, at least from how you are portraying him, seems to be concerned about your boyfriend's feelings and their friendship. That is admirable.

Again, wait till you end things with your boyfriend, give it a few months to let things cool off and then approach the best friend. If you two genuinely are into each other, then why not let the sticky situation with the boyfriend end.

Then, if your boyfriend has a hard time accepting that the relationship is over, sit him down and explain to him that you have begun dating other people and that you are ready to move on. Others may disagree, but I wouldn't disclose that you were messing around with his best friend. I rather think that task falls on the best friend to sort out. They may have something that is saveable where as it seems that your relationship is well beyond that.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Let me give you an example. Two weekends ago, I tried to break things off with the best friend. This was Friday. I took an evening nap on Saturday and woke up, and here he was in my house playing Wii with my bf. I hung out with them for a while, and went back to sleep. When I woke up on Sunday, he was still here!

It's really hard to move on from someone when they're around all the time. I've really never experienced anything like this. Usually, when you break things off with someone, they GO AWAY for at least a while. Not the case in this situation. It's hard to move on from your feelings when the person is around all the time.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen between them.

That being said, it takes two, so I'm not going to take 100% of the blame.

Also, I'm pretty much going to ignore the venting/angry posts in this thread from here on out.
Even if it's constructive criticism? Yes it does take two he is at fault too.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
I'm rather stuck on why you are more concerned about this guy's feelings than your boyfriend?

Are you equally expressing your own guilt when you meet up with him? Perhaps he does have feelings for you but he, at least from how you are portraying him, seems to be concerned about your boyfriend's feelings and their friendship. That is admirable.

Again, wait till you end things with your boyfriend, give it a few months to let things cool off and then approach the best friend. If you two genuinely are into each other, then why not let the sticky situation with the boyfriend end.
I'm concerned about both of their feelings. The thing is, I'm managing the bf's feelings for now, he's fine. But I feel like I need to help the other guy feel ok as well. I want to have as few causalities as possible.

here's the thing: I'll prob see him this weekend, when we all hang out as a group, but I'd really like to talk to him alone before that and figure out what we're going to do. If it's breaking things off for now, that's fine. But he and I have never had a serious, sit-down conversation about things and I think that's why they keep happening, despite his and my guilt. I think if we laid all our cards out on the table, we could make something stick.

What do you think?

I know it sounds really, really lame, but it's hard to move on from someone you like when you're forced to see them a lot, also knowing that they really like you, too.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
I could say something about this but the mods would give me an infraction for a personal attack if you know what I mean.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM

You have to be sending mixed signals to your boyfriend. I mean, look at the title of your thread: "Slept with my boyfriend's best friend" and not "Slept with my ex's best friend". I can understand the complexity behind living with someone and not having the place/resources to move out immediately, but you seem to be living in this gray area with him and that is allowing him to think that things are probably better than what they are.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And you've made 2 guys who considered each other to be best friends into enemies. Congratulations. You will not have any sympathy from me.
I agree with you and I generally find women who overlap men and leave the previous one only when another one is lined-up because they can't breathe on their own quite pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships