Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM

160 posts, read 295,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
This says it all for me. I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you.
This is not some guy I just met a few weeks ago. I have known this guy for a long time and we've been through a lot together as friends. I've been through deaths in his life and his last 2 serious relationships. We have a bond. This is not just some random hookup guy that I just met. imo, there's a difference.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Either way, the most important thing is for both of you to move on. If you both "hate each other" I would think this wouldn't be a huge shock to him if you two broke it off. From experience, it's going to be hard to be friends after a breakup anyway.
we don't hate each other, we're on good terms as roommates. We still get along and everything. But, I know after we breakup for real, when I move out, we won't be friends for a long while.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Yet another melodramatic post from a brand-new poster...

Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 PM

Guys, the thing is not that I don't care about my bf and the situation with him. I do care about that. But, I feel I have that all figured out. What I'm struggling with is how to deal with the best friend and my feelings for him.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
we don't hate each other, we're on good terms as roommates. We still get along and everything. But, I know after we breakup for real, when I move out, we won't be friends for a long while.
I apologize, I misread one of your earlier posts. Even so, I would think he'd want to move on sooner rather than later. If you break it off cleanly (firmly and with no hints of getting back together) he's likely to be able to move on faster. I doubt your method of breaking up with him is going to affect his pain level that much.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I apologize, I misread one of your earlier posts. Even so, I would think he'd want to move on sooner rather than later. If you break it off cleanly (firmly and with no hints of getting back together) he's likely to be able to move on faster. I doubt your method of breaking up with him is going to affect his pain level that much.
Thanks.

Do you have any advice on how I should approach his friend? I really want to talk things out with him, but I don't want to overwhelm or impose myself upon him. I just don't know what to do.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Let me give you an example. Two weekends ago, I tried to break things off with the best friend. This was Friday. I took an evening nap on Saturday and woke up, and here he was in my house playing Wii with my bf. I hung out with them for a while, and went back to sleep. When I woke up on Sunday, he was still here!

It's really hard to move on from someone when they're around all the time. I've really never experienced anything like this. Usually, when you break things off with someone, they GO AWAY for at least a while. Not the case in this situation. It's hard to move on from your feelings when the person is around all the time.
When you grow up and gain control of your own actions let us know. Personally, I have little toleration of those who try to defend there actions by impersonating flotsam and jetsam.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
Thanks.

Do you have any advice on how I should approach his friend? I really want to talk things out with him, but I don't want to overwhelm or impose myself upon him. I just don't know what to do.
It really just depends on what you want to do. If you want to have some kind of romantic relationship with him, the best thing to do would be to break it off with the current boyfriend and then lay everything on the table with the friend.

If you don't want to have any kind of romantic relationship with him, you should meet up somewhere alone and just tell him flat out that nothing romantic is going to happen between you two again.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yet another melodramatic post from a brand-new poster...
I can't speak for anyone else, but when dramatic things happen, it feels good to have a place to go to for support and still be anonymous.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
It really just depends on what you want to do. If you want to have some kind of romantic relationship with him, the best thing to do would be to break it off with the current boyfriend and then lay everything on the table with the friend.

If you don't want to have any kind of romantic relationship with him, you should meet up somewhere alone and just tell him flat out that nothing romantic is going to happen between you two again.
Thanks.

Do you have any ideas as to why the friend hasn't tried to contact me after telling me he has "hardcore" feelings about me and has thought about me "nonstop"? Like, if he feels guilty, and wants to stop, why did he tell me all those things? Obv telling someone stuff like that is just going to make them want you more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships