Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
I mean, I know why it happened. I know what I wasn't getting in my previous relationship that made me want to leave WAY BEFORE the thing with the best friend happened.
Give yourself a pass by saying it "happened" if you wish. But it might be helpful to your growing up process to realize it did not happen. YOU DID IT.

Quote:
I know lots of people will disagree with me on this, but here's the way I see things: I think 95% of people will cheat given the right circumstances. It's up to the two people in the relationship to make sure everyone's most important needs are being met so that it doesn't happen. If the needs won't or can't be met, then cheating occurs. Does that make it right? Of course not. Is it better to break it off first? Of course it is. But life is messy and doesn't always work like that.
So you think a full 95% of people have no moral compass? Give yourself a pass, and never learn. Decent men don't go out with girls like you.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I've already said this upthread, but I've told the bf that I'm moving and that it's over. He doesn't seem to listen or hear what I'm saying.
What does he need to hear? Just leave.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM

160 posts, read 295,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Give yourself a pass by saying it "happened" if you wish. But it might be helpful to your growing up process to realize it did not happen. YOU DID IT.
It happened/We happened/I played my role in it. It's all the same to me.

Quote:
So you think a full 95% of people have no moral compass? Give yourself a pass, and never learn. Decent men don't go out with girls like you.
I don't think it's that people have no moral compass. I just see that compass on a spectrum of behavior, in varying shades of grey, as opposed to black and white. And yes, I think that everyone's compass varies. But, we are getting really far away from the thread topic.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
What does he need to hear? Just leave.
Like I've said, I'm in the process of doing that now.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:

Ah man you are being a bit too harsh on her she doesn't come across as evil. Actually I have more bad feelings toward the guy friend for doing what he did.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Ah man you are being a bit too harsh on her she doesn't come across as evil. Actually I have more bad feelings toward the guy friend for doing what he did.
lionking, would you be willing to tell me more about the feelings you have towards the guy? I'm really interested in understanding the guy friendship betrayal thing from a guy's point of view.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
lionking, would you be willing to tell me more about the feelings you have towards the guy? I'm really interested in understanding the guy friendship betrayal thing from a guy's point of view.
The guy knows he's in a lose/lose/lose situation. There's no way he can walk away with this with a clear conscience.

His probably values his best friend more than you and can't possible be with you and keep his best friend at the same time.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I am not saying she is evil. I AM saying that if she does not learn from this bad experience, it will likely repeat.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The guy knows he's in a lose/lose/lose situation. There's no way he can walk away with this with a clear conscience.

His probably values his best friend more than you and can't possible be with you and keep his best friend at the same time.
If that's the case, I really wish he would just tell me that. I guess he thinks I might freak out or something? I'm not. Should I just tell him to be honest with me and whatever he says, it's fine and that I'm not going to be mad/rat him out/go psycho?

The last time I spoke with him, he told me that he was "really confused" and that his mind has been doing "backflips" all day. He hasn't initiated contact since then and I haven't either. I figured he needed space, so I've been giving it to him.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

His probably values his best friend more than you .

If he did, he wouldn't have been with her. He let the power of wanting p**** , and that is a powerful want, take over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships