Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
If men are getting it, they aren't cheating. Why would they unless the "it" wasn't doing it for them?

Just because a woman lays on her back and spreads her legs doesn't mean the man is getting what he wants.
Interesting point but recently a guy I grew up with, he's 10 years older than me-(who has been happily married for 25 years) has been calling/texting with the intention of "hooking up". So the theory about them not getting any at home is flawed. And as for the guy- I just don't answer anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 PM

346 posts, read 507,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Actively pursuit relationships outside of their marriages?? Kind of a spin on another thread - (women who pursuit unavailable men). Actually I've wondered this since I was a teenager; always , ALWAYS have had married men interested in relationships. Whats up with that?
They lack character, and this goes for both men and women who cheat. It is called "cheating," not "justified relationship outside marriage." Lol

Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 PM

550 posts, read 604,537 times
Quote:
Actively pursuit relationships outside of their marriages?? Kind of a spin on another thread - (women who pursuit unavailable men). Actually I've wondered this since I was a teenager; always , ALWAYS have had married men interested in relationships. Whats up with that?
Because the institution of marriage often times ruins the romance and fun/freakiness of dating. Men want their wives to act like that girl he dated in high school. It's the boyishness in men we have to corral when we get married. It's not in our nature to act like adults. Sorry. It's true. Stuffy wives are boring.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
This is easy.

Women crave the type of guy who other women crave. Because of this, such men have many women pursuing him and this means lots of sex and usually considerable variety.

Should he be convinced to end his agreeable lifestyle (fewer and fewer such men are doing this) and settle down, he never really loses the urge to get some variety.

Meanwhile, many women are eager to convince him that he made a mistake.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I don't know about the ages, but I actually do know more women that have cheated - and not gotten caught. More men get caught because women are far better at hiding it, getting away with it and "carrying on as normal" at home while cheating. They are also better at spotting the clues of men cheating. Men just aren't as good of actors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's another factor. Women are more likely to cover for other women. In the cases where I've known of women cheating, it always turned out that there was an accomplice.
The most important factors are the ease of doing it - it's ten times more difficult for men to find someone and this increases their risk of detection AND
women who cheat usually have a male willing to provide a safe place to do it.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
What's even more odd is why put all that money out for an engagement ring and then CHEAT afterwards??????????????

Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The most important factors are the ease of doing it
An interesting stat to look at is the factors that correlate with making one more likely to cheat. The highest is not gender, income, relationship problems, sexual desire, entitlement, risk taking behavior or learned patterns in childhood. It is opportunity. Number two is relative attractiveness. I did not read such but I would think number two would feed into number one with a more attractive individual being presented with more opportunity.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:50 AM

200 posts, read 328,446 times
They love being 'wanted' that's why they always want to cheat. I had one telling me the other day that people don't need to get serious just chill. Like hello? You're married and have been married once before I've been dating unsucessfully forever and I should just go screw a married man because he wants that? Oh hell no! He wasn't even hot!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Why?

Because in many cases their wives are not having sex with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships