Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2helping View Post
In 2011 I can understand why people have no morals, standards or values....because society continues to make excuses for those with no character.

Either you have character, or you don't.
"In 2011 I can understand why people have no morals,"
2011 has nothing to do with it and that means the majority of people have no morals. Men and woman have be cheating on each other since the beginning of man kind. If you include Married, SOs and BF/GF relationships it has occurred in the lives of 98% of the population.

Look at the divorce rate and add 50% and that will give you an idea of how common infidelity is in marriage. It may occur in the beginning, middle or end of a marriage and it may occur during separation but it will occur sometime in the majority of all marriages.

As common as it is our society we will never accept it. Maybe in some Latin countries with the "don't ask, Don't tell" philosophy.

The solution in our society was posted by someone above. Don't get married! Just like most people think that they should have kids, marriage is not right for everyone! If you don't have the necessary tools don't take on the project!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 11:31 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think a better question is if a guy knows he has a propensity to cheat and cannot stop this or help himself, why don't they stay far away from committed relationships and never marry.

Just stay bachelors. Have their fun. Disclose of this when meeting new women. No one gets hurt.
Cakes, this won't happen. People want what they want. I worked with a guy on his 4th marriage. All his marriages ended, because of cheating on his part.

My guess, he'll met a woman he has to have. Marry her. Problem is, there are plenty of attractive and interesting women out here. Next thing, he has another woman on the side.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Cakes, this won't happen. People want what they want. I worked with a guy on his 4th marriage. All his marriages ended, because of cheating on his part.

My guess, he'll met a woman he has to have. Marry her. Problem is, there are plenty of attractive and interesting women out here. Next thing, he has another woman on the side.
Why in the world does he get married, when he's obviously no good at it?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I am going to be blunt for a moment.,.....

Should women start accepting cheating from a man as long as he doesn't bring it home or make it very obvious?..disrespectful....

And just to add support, I have spoken to females who say that they don't care if their man is cheating, as long as they are not being disrespected and use protection.

In 2011, I cannot understand why a woman would be surprised if their man/husband cheated.

See, I can have trust issues at times. And seeing this crap makes it hard for me, because it just reinforces this in my head that men are just plain freaking animals that can't keep it in their pants even if they are in a relationship. Im soo trying to not be that way, but I swear.... One step at a time..one step at a time. No flaming here..I said im working on it.

Okay. as you can tell by my first paragraph I darn sure would not be surprised. However, would I accept it..h#ll no. I have never ever cheated. If I can keep my legs closed to other men, he can keep his d**k in his pants when it comes to other women. GOSH i swear do people have to screw EVERYTHING out there?????

Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
In 2011 I can understand why people have no morals, standards or values....because society continues to make excuses for those with no character.
Quote:

Either you have character, or you don't.

^^^^^ This.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Why in the world does he get married, when he's obviously no good at it?
Why do women marry him. Women will ALWAYS think he won't do it to me. The last female didn't know how to love him.

I knew his last wife. She thought the same. The ex worked in the building. They would flaunt the relationship and their love in her face. After a year, the wife divorced him, because of his mistress. He was dating her before and during the marriage.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Why do women marry him. Women will ALWAYS think he won't do it to me. The last female didn't know how to love him.

I knew his last wife. She thought the same. The ex worked in the building. They would flaunt the relationship and their love in her face. After a year, the wife divorced him, because of his mistress. He was dating her before and during the marriage.
Wow! this must have been one hot guy?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

The solution in our society was posted by someone above. Don't get married! Just like most people think that they should have kids, marriage is not right for everyone! If you don't have the necessary tools don't take on the project!
Excellent advice.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think a better question is if a guy knows he has a propensity to cheat and cannot stop this or help himself, why don't they stay far away from committed relationships and never marry.

Just stay bachelors. Have their fun. Disclose of this when meeting new women. No one gets hurt.
Or they can find a woman that is fine with having an open or a polyamorous relationship, and then they don't have to cheat, because it will be in the open and no hurting involved.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:53 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I am going to be blunt for a moment.,.....

Should women start accepting cheating from a man as long as he doesn't bring it home or make it very obvious?..disrespectful....

And just to add support, I have spoken to females who say that they don't care if their man is cheating, as long as they are not being disrespected and use protection.

In 2011, I cannot understand why a woman would be surprised if their man/husband cheated.
In 2011, I cannot understand why a man who enjoys sex with multiple partners would marry ANY woman and then proceed to be a conduit for misery, despair and disillusionment by cheating on her with other women. Singleness has lost pretty much all of its social stigma. He could stay single and play the field until he has to use to aid of a cane or a walker to leave it (some men refuse to leave the field even then!) Leave that woman free to find a man who will be what she deserves: loving and faithful to her.

Married players, upon looking up the word "SELFISH" in the dictionary would probably not be surprised to find a picture of THEMSELVES beaming back at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships