Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Why do you think something is wrong with him just because he believes in prostitution?

You do realize that there are millions of women around the world who CHOSE to sell their bodies because it's easier and more profitable than punching a time clock.

Most women sell their bodies in some way shape or form anyway though they will not admit it. What I mean is, most (not all!) women use their body, beauty, and the granting of sexual favors as a bargaining chip to get free drinks and free dinner on the low end, and on the high end they offer themselves only to the highest paid males they can find who will in turn take care of them for life (marriage).

You think it's a coincidence that the most gorgeous women who walk the earth wind up being the wives/lovers of some of the most powerful wealthy
I will agree that wealthy men can land hot women and claims of prostitution could be warranted. But I will disagree on the "most women" sentiments. If that is the case then the implication is that most men in return have some wealth to offer. That isn't the case. The vast majority of men are **** poor earners. I don't see where it's reasonable to assume that most women are prostituting themselves for the very peanuts they have themselves.

Regarding the free dinner/prostitution analogy- while I agree that traditional dating norms are sexist, asserting prostitution across the board is absurd and contradictory. Why? 1. Because the men who make these claims typically adhere to PUA philosophy, which laments the opposite. 2. Dating women would do nothing more than sex men for these dinners. Of course, that's not the case. Men who are wining and dining their dates at the local 2:1 Italian bistro also have meals cooked for them and whatever sweet nothings gestures their ladies offer up. And much of the time dates do not result in sex at all.

With that said, I'm coming from a perspective of some affluence here. I can't speak to how it goes in all social circles.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 08-29-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its selfish and immature and says nothing for the happiness of females or fathers of the females you purchase because you are too lazy to actually be a decent catch.

I feel sorry if that is what "feels good" to you. Being lazy and selfish doesn't feel good to a normal person.
I'm not picking on you, but I'm just interjecting in the conversation to give you a MALE point of view.

The fact is, most men are NOT lazy when it comes to picking up women, but more of, we are too busy, or too tired after work to cultivate our skills in picking up women.

This is why many businessmen see prostitutes. It's quick, easy, and it get's right to the point!

You girls have it easy, when you all want to get laid all you girls need to do is put on high heals, a tight dress, and sit at a bar during happy hour; during that time you girls will have all kinds of men coming up trying to talk to you and buy you drinks.

Edit:

Also, Western women are the lazy bunch. They never talk to men who they don't know in the street unless they are asking directions or they need help. It's really sad.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
No one is talking about sex with children. And that is gross that so many girls are sexually abused, but such is life. I can't control people, I can only control myself. With many girls having sex by the time they are of legal age, they will have had over 10 partners sexually. Most men cannot say that. By having prostitution you may not be stopping the abuse of children. But at least you are getting a content male population though most would not admit to it. It feels good knowing you can go out and shop for a woman of your choosing and the only thing needed would be sufficient cash.

I find the above bolded part a little disconcerting......strangly flippant about the abuse of children, sorta like, oh well, at least we got a content male population.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
There. I said it. That's the gist of my desire with the opposite sex. And, I imagine, most other mens', as well.

However, I would prefer to get laid in a relationship. I would prefer to obtain a relationship and then have hot, fantastic sex. But if I have to have sex without a relationship, I won't turn down the sex. Sigh.

What do women think of my thoughts? I mean, is it so wrong of me to WANT TO GET FREAKING LAID!??!?!?! Gaaaaaah.
No, it's not wrong to want to get laid. So what's the issue? Do you not have luck with women? Do they not pay attention to you at all, or do you date a while but not have sex?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,722,084 times
Quote:
ONE date with a 15 yr old that looked above the AOC does not make it DATES you angry little man. Prostitution is ok and you come off as a hypocrite by believing in prostitution but not its usage. Make up your mind, you are either for it or against it. Why in the world would prostitution be legal yet no one would use the services that the prostitutes offer? That is plain dumb, the woman there is trying to make money.
You do realize that there are millions of men around the world that have "cheapen" themselves by paying for sex? At least the guy that paid for sex with the attractive woman got something out of it. Not like the "idiot" you who wined and dined her only to realize that there was nothing there. A waste of money. You may not understand the role of prostitution I have gotten that, so do understand that when you have gotten old and filled with herpes, I will have yet to have none because I always wore a condom and had common sense with the pro. Not like you.
Um...not man. And I don't care if it was one date or 30. You entertained the idea of dating a child. You know when you say you believe in something it just is a recognition that it exists, not its righteousness ?

Of course she is there to make money otherwise she would do it for free. Two wrongs don't make it right. Maybe you would get more perspective from reading the art of long term investment write ups. Since you are so money focused perhaps that may connect with your mind.

LOL...condoms don't protect against warts or herpes really well smarty pants. I didn't have to resort to hookers and had common sense to use condoms. Not like you at all. A sex pro...thats just hilarious. Do they have some magical power that makes them immune to all diseases?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,998,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I find the above bolded part a little disconcerting......strangly flippant about the abuse of children, sorta like, oh well, at least we got a content male population.
Like there has not been where children were not being used for sex, etc. It happens, you cannot stop it so why worry about it? I'd only worry about the safety of my own children and no one's else. The abuse of children will never stop nor will the use of prostitutes. One thing is A LOT worse than the other. That is the truth. And only ONE thing deserves to be illegal the other one that involves ADULTS should not be.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I'm not picking on you, but I'm just interjecting in the conversation to give you a MALE point of view.

The fact is, most men are NOT lazy when it comes to picking up women, but more of, we are too busy, or too tired after work to cultivate our skills in picking up women.

This is why many businessmen see prostitutes. It's quick, easy, and it get's right to the point!

You girls have it easy, when you all want to get laid all you girls need to do is put on high heals, a tight dress, and sit at a bar during happy hour; during that time you girls will have all kinds of men coming up trying to talk to you and buy you drinks.

Edit:

Also, Western women are the lazy bunch. They never talk to men who they don't know in the street unless they are asking directions or they need help. It's really sad.
Your point of view. Don't insult all men please and thank you.
Saying you are too busy etc IS the definition of lazy. You are making excuses for not being the better person because you are sleepy and have some things to do?

Looking cute in a dress only goes so far. Women are expected to be everything these days AND look cute in a dress. Unlike men. Who get away with more crap in the looks department usually.

How does not talking to strangers in the streets make you lazy? LOL
That just means they don't really need to or want to for whatever reason.

I didn't take your words as picking on me. We are discussing ideas here.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Like there has not been where children were not being used for sex, etc. It happens, you cannot stop it so why worry about it? I'd only worry about the safety of my own children and no one's else. The abuse of children will never stop nor will the use of prostitutes. One thing is A LOT worse than the other. That is the truth. And only ONE thing deserves to be illegal the other one that involves ADULTS should not be.
Well we could use the laws of the jungle and destroy all pedophiles. See if its genetic or not. I think thats a better solution than legal hookers.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,016,392 times
That's CD for me.

I leave this thread for a day and next thing I know it's a pedophelia thread.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I will agree that wealthy men can land hot women and claims of prostitution could be warranted. But I will disagree on the "most women" sentiments. If that is the case then the implication is that most men in return have some wealth to offer. That isn't the case. The vast majority of men are **** poor earners. I don't see where it's reasonable to assume that most women are prostituting themselves for the very peanuts they have themselves.

Regarding the free dinner/prostitution analogy- while I agree that traditional dating norms are sexist, asserting prostitution across the board is absurd and contradictory. Why? 1. Because the men who make these claims typically adhere to PUA philosophy, which laments the opposite. 2. Dating women would do nothing more than sex men for these dinners. Of course, that's not the case. Men who are whining and dining their dates at the local 2:1 Italian bistro also have meals cooked for them and whatever sweet nothings gestures their ladies offer up. And much of the time dates do not result in sex at all.

With that said, I'm coming from a perspective of some affluence here. I can't speak to how it goes in all social circles.

As far as your first paragraph, it's all relative Braunwyn, women who don't look good enough to capture the attention of a 50 million dollar NFL athlete will still settle for the quiet suburban life with a regular guy who makes 50k a year. Why? Because either way, the female goal is to marry UP and find a breadwinner which most average looking women do.

And as far as most men not having money, that's not true unless you're taking about Afro American males because the average white male makes around 40k a year and I'm sure Asian men are right behind them. And 40k is not peanuts, you can live quite nice on 40k a year so as long as you live within your means.

Average Joe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as your second paragraph regarding my belief that prostitution happens across the board, I'm not sure that I understand your findings.

Although, you ARE you're right that many of these women DON'T have sex after a date, however, that's exactly what many of them want, they want to be taken out and showered with food and gifts without having to put out sex. Some women make a career out of doing this.... ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships