Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post

1-POF?

I want to be your friend lol

2-You mean like an Alpha guy that leads?

3-So do you think the men are interesting when they are married too? Some of them are married for 25+ years.

4-You also have to have lot of disposable cash to be that confident and exciting right?

5-Have you read the DJ Bible?

POF is short for Plenty Of Fish, the dating website.

1-You'll hear people on this forum scream and moan about POF and their "aweful" experiences, but since MOST of their posts are taken with a grain of salt, I ignore the foolishness and enjoy my life.......and the women I've met on POF.

Those same people are always in the house by themselves on Friday nights and no one is calling them for a date. Because they have their heads up their behinds.

2-Well if you want to call it the alpha male fine but it's not always about leading, sometimes it's about joining in. If I get invited to a gathering, I certainly will not be taking the lead, I'll be joining in on the fun. The word FUN is what's important. Just be a fun person.

3-Sure you can be interesting after 25 years of marriage. I know couples in Chicago that were some of the most exciting, hippest folks you'd ever want to meet and yes, they were married that long. They knew how to party, have fun, traveled extensively,etc...

The issue I see with many is, they don't know how to have a GREAT and exciting relationship. They just go through the motions and DO NOTHING that causes your mate to become MORE attracted to you as time goes by. It's the opposite for most people. As time goes by the excitement decreases. It should be the opposite. You have to work at it. It's a good and fun kind of work.

I'd go as far as saying many have no idea what they NEED(or want) in a relationship. Yes I said NEED. Someone will pop in and say "oh, I don't need, blah,blah,blah". And of course they'd be missing the point.

Men and women were created for each other. We as "oh,so smart" humans have "jacked up" what it means to have a help mate. Help in a sense of ENHANCING the other persons life. That's my number 1 goal when I am seriously involved with a gal---To ENHANCE her life by making the time she spends with me very engaging, intimate, empathetic, passionate, exciting,adventurous and above all a very high quality experience.

This will cause her to REMAIN INTERESTED as a result of me taking total interest in her.

I am a very accomidating guy when I am seriously involved with someone.

I've always been the kind of guy that wants to grow and mature and become wiser as I get older. Thus allowing me to develop excellent qualities that women would find very attractive.

4-LOL, another fallacy about dating. No, you don't have to have a lot of disposable cash. That goes back to finding a compatible mate that really cares about you as a person. Am I saying money is not important, No way, It's very important, who wants to sit at home all of the time and never go anywhere? You have couples that NEVER go anywhere. They just sit in the house and watch TV.

You don't need a lot of cash but you do need your "Monthly Dating Expense Account"........you CANNOT meet anyone sitting at home,even using a dating website, you'll eventually want to meet the person and go out on the town even if it's for coffee and a pastry.

IF you don't make enough money to date than it's time to take charge of your financial situation(MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER DO THAT) and do something about. Get a small home based biz going. Start small and start with a goal of earning an extra $1000/month than $2K, etc...if you work hard enough, after 18 months you could be pulling in $10K a month in income with your home based business.(speaking from experience) That's enough to quit your day job!!!

That success from your business will BLOW your confidence through the ROOF!!!!

As far as confidence goes, it comes with time and as you put yourself out there more. I have a home based Biz, and I spend a lot of time marketing my service, when I first started I was not as confident with my sales pitch but as I did it more and more, I became very confident.

Same thing different situation.

5- No I have never read the DJ Bible........I'll go to Amazon and check it out.

PS- One other thing guys should focus on whether single or involved---good grooming and a nice wardrobe. Once you hit 25y/o, put the silly t-shirts with writing on them away. Make casual loafers/sandle's a apart of your summer attire instead of "gym shoes" UNLESS you're playing a sport, mowing/house work or working out.

Last edited by Ron.; 09-05-2011 at 03:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 AM

591 posts, read 866,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
Oh dear gawd, no!

You'll see the signals when you focus on her rather than what you want. Does she get touchy/feely with you? Smiles a lot and either touches you or doesn't mind you putting your arm around her or similar physical gestures. Learn how to feel the vibe between you. Ok, sounds goofy but there is a strong energy between people who are attracted to each other. Does she move away or towards you when you get into her space? That tells a lot.
You have to be careful there. In some cultures (hispanic) people touch all the time with zero intent.

In others (Japanese) they hardly ever do any touching unless a relative died, and even then, if you're trying to console them but are not related it's like a "cold fish" hug. They don't tolerate PDA. The Northern Europeans are like that too, only not so extreme.

I know from friends in each culture.

So it would be a mistake to say: "She touched my knee, I'm good to go". If she's latina, it most likely means nothing on the surface of things. And I mean 3rd generation, not FOB.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
The DJ Bible

I am guessing that you are Caucasian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

1-You'll hear people on this forum scream and moan about POF and their "aweful" experiences, but since MOST of their posts are taken with a grain of salt, I ignore the foolishness and enjoy my life.......and the women I've met on POF.

Those same people are always in the house by themselves on Friday nights and no one is calling them for a date. Because they have their heads up their behinds.

2-Well if you want to call it the alpha male fine but it's not always about leading, sometimes it's about joining in. If I get invited to a gathering, I certainly will not be taking the lead, I'll be joining in on the fun. The word FUN is what's important. Just be a fun person.

3-Sure you can be interesting after 25 years of marriage. I know couples in Chicago that were some of the most exciting, hippest folks you'd ever want to meet and yes, they were married that long. They knew how to party, have fun, traveled extensively,etc...

The issue I see with many is, they don't know how to have a GREAT and exciting relationship. They just go through the motions and DO NOTHING that causes your mate to become MORE attracted to you as time goes by. It's the opposite for most people. As time goes by the excitement decreases. It should be the opposite. You have to work at it. It's a good and fun kind of work.

I'd go as far as saying many have no idea what they NEED(or want) in a relationship. Yes I said NEED. Someone will pop in and say "oh, I don't need, blah,blah,blah". And of course they'd be missing the point.

Men and women were created for each other. We as "oh,so smart" humans have "jacked up" what it means to have a help mate. Help in a sense of ENHANCING the other persons life. That's my number 1 goal when I am seriously involved with a gal---To ENHANCE her life by making the time she spends with me very engaging, intimate, empathetic, passionate, exciting,adventurous and above all a very high quality experience.

This will cause her to REMAIN INTERESTED as a result of me taking total interest in her.

I've always been the kind of guy that wants to grow and mature and become wiser as I get older. Thus allowing me to develop excellent qualities that women would find very attractive.

4-LOL, another fallacy about dating. No, you don't have to have a lot of disposable cash. That goes back to finding a compatible mate that really cares about you as a person. Am I saying money is not important, No way, It's very important, who wants to sit at home all of the time and never go anywhere? You have couples that NEVER go anywhere. They just sit in the house and watch TV.

You don't need a lot of cash but you do need your "Monthly Dating Expense Account"........you CANNOT meet anyone sitting at home,even using a dating website, you'll eventually want to meet the person and go out on the town even if it's for coffee and a pastry.

IF you don't make enough money to date than it's time to take charge of your financial situation(MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER DO THAT) and do something about. Get a small home based biz going. Start small and start with a goal of earning an extra $1000/month than $2K, etc...if you work hard enough, after 18 months you could be pulling in $10K a month in income with your home based business.(speaking from experience) That's enough to quit your day job!!!

As far as confidence goes, it comes with time and as you put yourself out there more. I have a home based Biz, and I spend a lot of time marketing my service, when I first started I was not as confident with my sales pitch but as I did it more and more, I became very confident.

PS- One other thing guys should focus on whether single or involved---good grooming and a nice wardrobe. Once you hit 25y/o, put the silly t-shirts with writing on them away. Make casual loafers/sandle's a apart of your summer attire instead of "gym shoes" UNLESS you're playing a sport, mowing/house work or working out.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like you really don't need any advice. From what you keep telling us, you don't seem to be doing anything wrong. When it comes to getting dates, you appear to have less problems than 99% of the people on here. I really couldn't figure out if you were really asking for advice or showing all of your great attributes. I don't mean this in a negative way either. You sound more confident and assured than anybody I've met in the relationship forum. Maybe in some crazy subconscious way, this was your way of helping others who don't have that same kind of ease at getting women.

I have a feeling that you don't really need any advice at all, and that you'll do just fine. And I'm sure you know that.

So I really don't know what advice anyone could give you. You seem to be doing pretty damn good without any advice and your tuition towards dating seems sound. I'd wish you well, but I'd rather save it for those who really need it.

And no I'm not trying to put you down in the least. Your posts just have me confused. You seem to be asking for help on one hand, yet every post elaborates on how easy it is for you to meet people. So how much improving does your situation need? You seem to already know more about dating than the majority of people. Kudos to you. Instead of asking for advice, maybe you should be giving it. Oh, you kind of did...loll

Take care Ron, allow yourself that one imperfection of not knowing exactly when to kiss a girl. If that is the least of your problems, I'd say there isn't too much to worry about.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:48 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
Ronnie back again!
When should the guy "make a move"?
Sometime before they're about 15.

After that point, and certainly after they can buy liquor legally...
they should be embarassed to even think in those terms.

hth

Old 09-05-2011, 01:35 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Okay, you only make a "move" on gals you REALLY like. But you want to know what you have missed by blowing off other women, who might have liked you...

Please continue on your merry way.

Case in point, of why women SHOULD NEVER make the first move on men.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,212,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, you only make a "move" on gals you REALLY like. But you want to know what you have missed by blowing off other women, who might have liked you...

They should. They have just the right to engage as a guy and guys certainly tend to like a girl who likes them.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

That's a pretty stupid reason not to. Luckily, many women will still make the first move.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Super,

not at all. I was not looking for advice. If anything I was giving it.

I don't need help with dating or when to make the move. But a lot of guys do.

That's the downside of online dialogue. Often times misunderstandings can occur.

The purpose of a message board/forum is to create conversation, WAAAAAAAY too many people just lurk or are scared to post questions for whatever reason--they don't want to get bashed, they don't think their subject matter is interesting enough,etc......

I KNOW what people like to talk about so I ask those sort of questions.

To clear things up..NO I am not seeking advice.

Thanks for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Sounds to me like you really don't need any advice. From what you keep telling us, you don't seem to be doing anything wrong. When it comes to getting dates, you appear to have less problems than 99% of the people on here. I really couldn't figure out if you were really asking for advice or showing all of your great attributes. I don't mean this in a negative way either. You sound more confident and assured than anybody I've met in the relationship forum. Maybe in some crazy subconscious way, this was your way of helping others who don't have that same kind of ease at getting women.

I have a feeling that you don't really need any advice at all, and that you'll do just fine. And I'm sure you know that.

So I really don't know what advice anyone could give you. You seem to be doing pretty damn good without any advice and your tuition towards dating seems sound. I'd wish you well, but I'd rather save it for those who really need it.

And no I'm not trying to put you down in the least. Your posts just have me confused. You seem to be asking for help on one hand, yet every post elaborates on how easy it is for you to meet people. So how much improving does your situation need? You seem to already know more about dating than the majority of people. Kudos to you. Instead of asking for advice, maybe you should be giving it. Oh, you kind of did...loll

Take care Ron, allow yourself that one imperfection of not knowing exactly when to kiss a girl. If that is the least of your problems, I'd say there isn't too much to worry about.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,705 times
Quote:
Super,

not at all. I was not looking for advice. If anything I was giving it.

I don't need help with dsting or when to make the move. But a lot of guys do.

Thanks for the post.
Surrrrrrre you don't.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships