Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM

351 posts, read 538,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Here's a thought: don't get her pregnant.
Brilliant, let me make a note of that. LOL

Quote:
Psychos are everywhere, not just online.
When did I say psychos are only online?

I believe I said: "In any event, whether using online dating or real life dating at bars, etc., a successful guy stands to lose pretty much everything he's worked for if a woman elects to make a false allegation against him."

Quote:
That's why you actually get to know a person before planting your seed.
Oh, really.....I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. ROFL

I am not talking about stupid unprotected one-night stands or having sex with women one hardly knows.

I am talking about women who have surreptitiously punctured condoms or stopped using birth control (with no notice).

I am talking about finding oneself in a long-term relationship or marriage with a sociopath or psychopath, who by their very nature, are master manipulators and charmers and pathological liars.

I am talking about women who accuse guys of rape when there was either no sexual relations at all, or when sexual relations were consensual.

I am talking about women who accuse guys of domestic violence, or worse, child sex abuse, when no such incident ever happened.

These are the types of things I am referring to, and this is the cr*p that our "domestic relations" courts and criminal courts are dealing with all day long.

Wake up!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 08:38 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
Brilliant, let me make a note of that. LOL

When did I say psychos are only online?

I believe I said: "In any event, whether using online dating or real life dating at bars, etc., a successful guy stands to lose pretty much everything he's worked for if a woman elects to make a false allegation against him."

Oh, really.....I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. ROFL

I am not talking about stupid unprotected one-night stands or having sex with women one hardly knows.

I am talking about women who have surreptitiously punctured condoms or stopped using birth control (with no notice).

I am talking about finding oneself in a long-term relationship or marriage with a sociopath or psychopath, who by their very nature, are master manipulators and charmers and pathological liars.

I am talking about women who accuse guys of rape when there was either no sexual relations at all, or when sexual relations were consensual.

I am talking about women who accuse guys of domestic violence, or worse, child sex abuse, when no such incident ever happened.

These are the types of things I am referring to, and this is the cr*p that our "domestic relations" courts and criminal courts are dealing with all day long.

Wake up!!!!
Date men. BAM! SOLVED!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Date men. BAM! SOLVED!
Thanks. That was very constructive.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Thanks. That was very constructive.
Well, come on, your comments are pretty snarky and paranoid. For every woman who is abusive and manipulative there is a man to match her. It's not like women have the market cornered on crazy and most men and women are not psychopaths.

You take a risk every time you enter into a relationship and it's up to you to you form a deep enough relationship to figure out if they are a proper long term partner. Most of the time you're right, sometimes you're wrong.

If you don't think the reward is worth the risk, don't date.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,051 times
I have tried online dating with no success. Most men I have met were really not looking for a "relationship" and I think I have more traditional ideas about how a man should court a woman they are interested in. If there is any attraction, take the time and energy to get to know that person, we all have baggage, its just a matter of what kind of baggage he/she has and can you be okay with that. As far as meeting men other places, well I work with a bunch of married men, I live alone after a long marriage and have now been divorced five years. I am new to the area so I don't have a great social network and my favorite pastimes are riding my horse, walking my dog and reading so unless I bump into mr. right at the local Harris Teeter I am pretty much at a loss for how to meet a GOOD man.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Well, come on, your comments are pretty snarky and paranoid. For every woman who is abusive and manipulative there is a man to match her. It's not like women have the market cornered on crazy and most men and women are not psychopaths.

You take a risk every time you enter into a relationship and it's up to you to you form a deep enough relationship to figure out if they are a proper long term partner. Most of the time you're right, sometimes you're wrong.
Well, I appreciate the added detail..... but I am really not suggesting that there more crazy women out there than men, or that most women are psychopaths. And the fact that there are a few nut cases out there is not the reason why I stopped dating.

I stopped dating because, in the event, I have the misfortune of dating a vindictive psycho, I do not have access to the same degree of justice in the court system as afforded the (female) psycho. That's the problem.

In dating, I made one mistake in judging character, and that one mistake cost me over $2.3 million dollars and 6 years of misery going through the courts. And the woman who lodged the false allegation against me received no penalty whatsoever. I actually lived through the experience, so no, I'm not "paranoid".

I know there are a lot of nice women out there. But I'm not going to lose everything I've worked for, just for the sake of having a girlfriend or wife. No thanks! Not interested.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 3,861 times
There are many superficial people online. Fact is, online dating is not only tough and a waste of time just for men. In my experience as a woman many of the men online are not really looking for a relationship and they bounce from woman to woman and never take time to get to really know any of them. It seems to be a way for them to feed their egos and get lots of attention from many women. They are like kids in a candy store. I suspect that many of the men I encounterd were lonely, and married. I have known some friends who have met wonderful people online and eventually married them. To me, it just seems you have to wade through a large pool of a$$&^* and phonies first. I lost patience.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Why don't you back up your statement with something constructive, if you think my position is off base?

There are a lot of guys who are unaware that our Family Courts are incredibly biased until they have the pleasure of going through them. Maybe you just don't want the truth revealed......hmmmmmm.
I don't need to back up anything. Your post does that nicely. Anyone that is so terrified of a *possible outcome* in some future case against him...well you sound daft, frankly. Unless you have a reason to believe that you are going to be involved in such a conflict, in which case, you are daft AND a psycho.

Ah....I just read your earlier post. Two sides to every story...and then there is the truth. No way for us to know that. But I stand by my earlier statement. With your perspective, and history, nope. No more dates for you!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Are you talking about yourself?

Because I use dating websites and it works well for me. I also meet women in person and the outcome is the same.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Anyone that is so terrified of a *possible outcome* in some future case against him...well you sound daft, frankly.
Who said anything about being "terrified"? Please quote the post #?

Frankly, you sound as though you have a reading comprehension problem.

Quote:
Unless you have a reason to believe that you are going to be involved in such a conflict, in which case, you are daft AND a psycho.
So if a guy ends up with a psycho, that makes him a psycho and/or daft?

So all the women who are filing into DV Court everyday complaining about their psycho boyfriends who allegedly beat them up every night are "psycho" and "daft" themselves?

Wow, that sounds good. Maybe I should go along with your logic. Perhaps you should send off a letter to the "Office of Violence Against Women" and explain your position to them. I'm sure they would really appreciate it.

Quote:
But I stand by my earlier statement.
Of course you do. You're a pompous PITA. So I am certainly not surprised you would stand by your nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships